"The Kid" achievement video

Durrpy

This was hell! I wouldn't recommend anyone who can live with an incomplete game doing this. I only did it because if I'd given up after finishing the first level I might have to do it again someday.

4-5 straight hours, 3,000 deaths, 10 achievement points. Plus I think I lost my sanity in there somewhere, got too exhausted to be angry. Oh and I'd only died 2,500 times finishing the main game and doing a few other things.

Never again.

Is this one of the hardest things in the game? If not I think I'm done lol.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this one of the hardest things in the game? If not I think I'm done lol.

Well...you will have some serious troubles getting few of the bandages on later levels. Some of them are placed on ridiculously places. :eek:

But yeah, The Kid is one of the hardest things in this game, so i think you will get 100%. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I also uploaded a video of the kid levels, maybe some few different jumps that might help the people struggling.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbZRi8w-6U4]YouTube - Super Meat Boy - Unlocking the Kid[/ame]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbZRi8w-6U4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This Achievement seriously can go Fuck itself!! I then decided to try it and over 2 days got it :woop:

The hardest by far was the first one. The second stage is luck based on the ramp going down (getting the timing for the first part was the hardest thing) while stage 3 wasn't that bad and got it in about 20 minutes.

Tips for the first stage for people struggling...

1, Switch off the music and put on your own. Also take a 10 minute break after 30 minutes.

2, Fall don't jump the first part. This will help prepare you for the big fall and also you can double jump on the left side of the wall without risking going down to the right. This makes this really easy.

3, For either of the wall climbs you want to jump of the wall as you are still moving up and when you are nearish the spikes above you (I lost loads of time/lives not knowing this). To get near the spikes and to get the movement you can safely jump on the parts of the wall where there is no spikes below you (when you move onto the new section it will be the left wall).

4, You do not need to hold run or double jump at all, apart from the start and after the long fall so bear this in mind. Do not double jump on the wall climb parts at all.

5, When entering the flat parts (this part is the hardest) do not go for small wall on the right. Instead do the long jump so you land on the flat part above bandage.

6, Keep trying. YOU WILL GET IT!

• 2 weeks later...

I beat the first stage after about 600 deaths lol. I wasn't doing a running jump to fall on the platform which was the problem. I then beat the second stage after about 1 hour. Then I just couldn't do the 3rd stage no matter what I tried. I played for about 4 hours in one day to get to the 3rd stage.

I was knackered and I thought I would leave the Xbox on but it turned itself off...I will try again today..sigh.

Edit: Yeeeeeeeeees!!! just done it. That third level wasn't hard, you just had to take your time and I was rushing it before.

Edited by jamie1000013

• 3 weeks later...

Stage 1 : Was pretty easy compared to stage 2 for me. I only spent half an hour to an hour trying it.

Stage 2 : Stupid.. This is where I spent the bulk of my time dying on the second elevator ride. I hate you Stage 2..

Stage 3 : I beat this on my first try out of either sheer luck or panic. I spawned.. there were evil spike walls flying at my face.. I ran.

Overall these stages were a cake walk when looked at in the looming shadow of going for the 100%

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just unlocked this today. Wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but it was a hard son of a bitch.

The hardest part by far was the second set of wall jumps on Stage 1. Jesus christ what a pain in my ass. If your timing isn't perfect, you're dead. Once you get past that section, the rest was a breeze. Did stage 2 in a little under 10 minutes. Stage 1 and 3 each took about an hour...

Total death count was 1100, on the mark... I only have 5450 deaths total. Definitely the hardest part yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Managed to get it in sum total of maybe about 2 hours' playing time.

First level was hard but enjoyable, the walljumping and fast pace ensured I never got bored and the feeling of progress as I felt my muscle memory adjusting more and more to each section was enough until I got it done. Had to do this one twice because I had to go out afterwards the first time but luckily got it done in about 10-15 deaths the second time round.

Level 2 had me absolutely tearing my hair out with frustration. My concentration levels aren't the best to start with so the constant walking-back-and-forth timing was absolute hell for me and drained me mentally. That third elevator platform that goes down was a real headfuck because if you go with your instincts you move too late and it's game over every time, I died on that so many times and to make matters worse, doing the first couple of elevators got worse and worse with every failure as my mental fortitude waned and frustration grew. Only got it in the end by completely ignoring my intuition. Luckily once I'd cleared that third lift shaft I managed to get up the fourth first time, otherwise I think I'd have had a full-on mental breakdown. Awful level that I'll never play again.

Level 3 while still hard was nowhere near 2, plus the optimism of knowing the end is in sight helped me. Just a matter of giving yourself enough time and room to avoid the flying spikes and the rest comes quite quickly. Probably only spent 15 minutes or so on this one.