Life after Max Level

Boobman Chad

So will Halo 4 have any like COD after max rank is achieved? It just seems like it won't take that long to unlock and level through all the specialization after reach level 50. I've always enjoyed the prestige aspect in The COD series, and I no ill be spending plenty of time in Halo 4's multiplayer, I just wanted to know if they have said there will be anything like this in the game.

Does someone know what the Max Rank is?

I think it's something like SR-130. Once you reach SR-50 you start specializations, there are 8 of them, and each one has 10 levels. 343 also said it would take as long as SR-40 to SR-50 to complete each specialization.

Does someone know what the Max Rank is?

It goes SR1-50, after 50 you get the choice to "re-enlist" through a specific specialization which adds an additional 10 levels to the SR rating. In total there are 8 specializations making the top rank SR130. Supposedly there is a big reward for reaching SR130.

Specializations serve as the Prestige mode here, with the 10 levels to them taking roughly as much time as it takes to rank between SR40 and SR50.

From what I understand because it doesn't have 500000000 levels like the average CoD game does, ranking up will take time.

It goes SR1-50, after 50 you get the choice to "re-enlist" through a specific specialization which adds an additional 10 levels to the SR rating. In total there are 8 specializations making the top rank SR130. Supposedly there is a big reward for reaching SR130.

Specializations serve as the Prestige mode here, with the 10 levels to them taking roughly as much time as it takes to rank between SR40 and SR50.

From what I understand because it doesn't have 500000000 levels like the average CoD game does, ranking up will take time.

Thats sounds awesome....

what does these Specialization do? I saw them in the menu but without a discription.

Thats sounds awesome....

what does these Specialization do? I saw them in the menu but without a discription.

You can only pick one at at a time and when you pick one you must complete it's ten levels before moving on to the next one. Each specialization comes with a full armor set and armor skin, a weapon skin, emblem, and unique armor mod (perk). I'm too lazy to dig up the full list but there is a trailer in this forum for them that give you a rough idea of what they have to offer. Much better concept than a traditional prestige mode which typically gives you nothing but an extra class where as this gives you actual gameplay items and more customization options.

I don't know where people are seeing SR-70. On the Machinima live stream they've been playing 24 hours a day for the past 4 days and are at Sr-43

I think there are just playing MP.

When you play Spartan Ops Chapter one Land Grab you can get 5000+XP in abot 7-10 Minutes.....it`s like Reach and Gruntpocalypse in the beginning ;)

If the Versus (MP) is good enough for you to feel comfortable with the Max Rank and continue playing, that's exactly what I'd do.

I still played Gears 2 for an extremely long time after getting my first set of wings. (I reset myself a few times because of the XP Events too!) Same with Modern Warfare 2, even after I got to 10th Prestige I still played often with my friends.

Halo 4 looks like a "keeper" in terms of multiplayer anyway. :woop: (I don't think I'd have problems staying busy just because my multiplayer rank would be maxed out.)

it will take a few months to max ur rank

No. Not at all. Several players have already played games with players who are ranked SR-110, and the game hasn't even been released yet for most.

In this thread a player describes his friend reaching SR-28 after two hours of Matchmaking.

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst129560_We-re-all-going-to-be-max-rank-by-saturday.aspx

343i is foolish for not resetting ranks come release. This statement alone makes me question 343i's reasoning.

this makes me wonder why 343i was originally planning on gradually releasing the specializations over time (based on the community's overall progress) when everyone would probably reach SR-70 in like a week.

I didn't even get to the hero/legend/nova etc. ranks in reach or even the basic general in Halo 3 even though I played them both excessively. I know I suck but it was fun! My point being, I think I'll have had enough of halo before I get to max rank or anywhere near it :p

HaHa....me too ;)

But i think ranking up in Halo 4 is much faster then in Reach (in the beginning when it was released, now its a piece of cake.)

PS:

The new Waypoint website is on (cant check the Xbox app right now).

Here for your stats:

https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/Halo4

I think its very awesome

Edited by IronBrutzler