Does anyone still play this game?

lordofdance

When it originally came out I played it for a few months on the PC...

But I overdosed on mods and addons... Also I'd play one character for a week, then get bored or annoyed at something, mod it and create a new charact.

Furtherst I got on the main plot was entering the first obliviongate.

Then last year I got the Game of the Year edition for the 360 and had a blast. Took me about a month to get all the achievements, but I still play it every once in a while now.

That world, while technically uglier than Skyrim, still feels more vibrant and alive.

(Could be that because I come from scandinavia, I can see "Skyrim" outside my window three quarters of the year).

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got skyrim about 4 month after it was released and it is still original packed..

"WHY?" would you ask? simple! i wanted to finish oblivion first..

oblivion 100% took me about 3 month and after it i was so freaking bored that i immediately uninstalled it and will definetly NEVER play it again!

anyways i really liked the shivering isle dlc :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I just started this one today. Still too early to tell so far but it's pretty decent so far. I like the maps better in Morrowind (they were bigger and I liked how the world map showed where you've been/haven't been also). I also like how a few things like the Torch and such don't count towards your total weight. I never used them in Morrowind because they counted and it seemed a waste of space LoL

• 1 month later...

I played it recently, however I've only been playing on an xbox since December so it was a new game for me. It wasn't hard to beat, I went at a low level for the entire game (I think the highest I leveled up was 4 until after the main quest). It was a lot of fun too, the Shivering Isles DLC was my favorite part.

I haven't checked out Skyrim yet. All I've really heard about it is that the graphics, compared to Oblivion, will blow me away.

I'm up to about 150 hours of game play so far. I just have the brotherhood, mage guild (working on now) and the main quest line to finish, and any other minor quests I haven't found yet.

I have ran into 1 glitch I think though.... one of the shrine quests. To prevent spoilers, I'll just say the person which I'm supposed to do something to is not where they are supposed to be. The waiting and other methods to fix the issue have not worked, so I guess I'm out of luck with that quest :(

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i still have, just incease i want to go on it again. but playing it i wont have as much fun as i remember it back in its day. like san andreas, i have GREAT memories of that, but when you go on it again its not as fun as you remember it.

I played it at my buds house a week ago and we had a grand ol' time on it.

• 2 months later...

After sitting on my shelf for a little over two years, I've finally dusted off my copy and started progressing through it. Enjoying it thus far. It is nice to be able to wander around in this game for several hours without having to worry about saving constantly. (Had one helluva time with the glitches and freezing issues in Skyrim.)

• 4 weeks later...

My 14 yr old still plays this one exclusively, often for hours at a time. I don't understand the obsession and have tried to get her to try other rpgs with no luck. I'm kinda to the point that I've been thinking about playing it again myself even though I already completed it. Great game. One of the all time greats.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Oblivion is the whole reason I came back to 360.

Back on PS3 I was really enjoying myself until I came across the Fallout games. I know how well they play for 360, so I was gutted when both games turned out dog turd for the PS3.

Hung on the idea of getting a 360 but struggled to justify owning both consoles. Then I remembered how much I frikkin loved Oblivion and Skyrim.

Ordered Oblivion GOTY before I even had the 360. Had it almost 5 bleeding weeks now and still haven't played the bloody game :o Been too buys with that pissing Fable trilogy and now moved onto Borderlands.

Got some time off in Feb. So its goodbye social life, hello slippers, underpants and some serious gameplay on Oblivion.

I've already installed the game because I thought I was going to be without net over the holidays. Even watching the demo screen on the game highlight menu had me bleeding slavering. Holy undercrackers this is a good game!

lol, I'm missing two achievements, but can't be arsed to go back and complete it. Laaaaazy.

Pfffft, i'd love an excuse to go back on this game. I could just put it in and play it, but i think i'd struggle now with how old it is, i'd rather preserve my fond memories. :p

Oblivion was the best Elder Scrolls game in my opinion. I did thoroughly enjoy Skyrim though

I would agree with this. At the time of playing both, i would say that Oblivion was the best one, but right now, i'd rather play Skyrim. :)

Pfffft, i'd love an excuse to go back on this game. I could just put it in and play it, but i think i'd struggle now with how old it is, i'd rather preserve my fond memories. :p

I would agree with this. At the time of playing both, i would say that Oblivion was the best one, but right now, i'd rather play Skyrim. :)

Yeah, I basically played Oblivion to death, so I would play Skyrim over it now too.

Played Oblivion a few months back as the DLC (Shivering Isles) was sitting on my backlog -- i lend someone the game, never got it back, so repurchased it with all the DLC. Finally finished it...still an amazing game...never got into Skyrim (it is on my backlog for quite awhile now...).