not in australia

valiant

And what Australia cuts, NZ doesnt get either. I'm really pissed off about this.

Hear, hear!

If it really was because of the 'Nazi thing', then all WW2 & FPS games might as well be banned here!

I can understand Germany missing out but as for the rest of us?

Are cartoonish Nazis being shot at by a force of good (ie: Blazkowicz) honestly too offensive to Antipodeans?

As the first post said: "What a load of shit.." :mad:

WHAT THE FUCK!, oh my god i have been waiting for this game for so long like i dont even understand why they would ban it, it doesnt make sence its like 20 years old its not like people are going to be influenced by it. Heck it would have had more a pull on society back when the game was originally released, fuck my country is pathetic honestly fuck aussie pride im sick of our shit laws all almost all of my hobbies.

-Cars

-Shooting

-Video Games

.... sick of this shit.

Just make a US or EU account and get a points card and download it.

Sadly they must have wised up to this old trick as i got the message "Cannot download from this location"

Plus the fact that you can only purchase points using either the currency or credit card of the country in question sort of makes the whole thing redundant!

Still, worth a shot...:D

WHAT THE FUCK!, oh my god i have been waiting for this game for so long like i dont even understand why they would ban it, it doesnt make sence its like 20 years old its not like people are going to be influenced by it. Heck it would have had more a pull on society back when the game was originally released, fuck my country is pathetic honestly fuck aussie pride im sick of our shit laws all almost all of my hobbies.

-Cars

-Shooting

-Video Games

.... sick of this shit.

who knows whats happening with wolfenstein 3d,doom was more graphic,duke nukem you could give strippers and hookers money and minor course language.Now how censored will the retail version of wolfenstein be as that will no doubt contain killing nazis and nazi affiliated content,or if it gets released at all .

yeah double posting is bad, but here's what i found...do at your own risk, shouldn't really be risky unless the trial thingy asks for a CC#

What you need :

1 PC with internet connection

2 XBOX360 http://www.xbox-360.co.za/forum/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif

3 Both must be connected to router(or switch, dunno the difference)

4 !!IMPORTANT!! An extra PCI modem (I borrowed it from a friend)

(Optional - but much faster)

If you have a friend who lives in your XBL country, you can ask him to buy you the item on xbox.com . Then, you can download that item up to 98% so you don't have to wait when you connect your xbox with extremely slow VPN network.

1.Install the modem. Get the latest drivers. (Let's say it showed up in Network Connections as LAN 3)

2.Go to Welcome to OpenVPN and download the latest beta version. Older versions might not work correctly.

3.Then go to HOME and register, activate the account. Once you have done that, download their software (full installer)

4.Once you've installed both of these applications, restart your PC.

5.Open ''Your Freedom'' on your desktop, run the connection wizard, sign in. Choose any server, it's not important at this step.

6.Wait for about about 2-5 minutes, go back to their website, click your account, then click ''Try Before You Buy'' on the left. Select Basic and follow the instructions.

7.Once you've done that, run ''Your Freedom'' again. In Status tab press Configure, the select ''Server Selection'' tab. Drag ''OpenVPN Support'' to require. Then press Save and Exit.

8.Now press Configure button again, run the Wizard, select server of your desired country with highest Pref rating and continue.

9.Now run ''OpenVPN GUI'' on your desktop.

10.Go to ''Ports'' tab in Your Freedom and tick OpenVPN

11.Go back to Status and press Start the Connection.

12.Go to Control Panel > Network Connections and check if LAN 4 (a new connection created by OpenVPN) is connected (doesn't have a red X on it).

13.Then right click it and go to Properties.Go to Sharing tab tick everything, when a table pops up select the new modem (I called it LAN 3), then press ok.

14.Set everything to automatic in Xbox System Settings (Restore Factory Defaults), then unplug xbox cable from router and plug it into new modem.

15.Wait for a minute, then test the connection in Xbox System Settings

16.Now you can resume on your download (Account Management > Download History) if you have 2% left. *

If you haven't bought it yet, you can now go to Marketplace and buy it, then I recommend reconnecting xbox the way it ways and reenter the old settings, download it to 99%, get the error, then connect it the new way, reenter the new settings and finish.

17.Once you have downloaded it, you can sign out, plug the cable back in the router, reenter the old settings in dashboard and play. In Windows you have to delete OpenVPN and You Freedom and restart.

link to source - http://www.xbox-360.co.za/forum/xbox-live-specific-topics/17407-bypass-xbl-region-locking-20.html post #196 is the current way to do it from what i've read, the original way in post #1 doesn't work anymore...#196 is about halfway or so down page 20, by Cheyenne http://www.xbox-360.co.za/forum/477508-post196.html

like i said it's a bit meh, for how to do it, but people report it works.

• 1 month later...