Easier Poison Ivy on Hard

Incubus21212

So I was having trouble with this one on hard. I kept trying to fight the guys and kept being in the wrong place at the wrong time and couldn't get out of the way when the vines came up through the ground. This is what I did. Get past the first part of the fight like normal. Batarang the crap out of Ivy and watch out for her energy balls and vines. Next part of the fight. As soon as it starts, batarang like crazy and move up to the center, right in front of her. The guys will move in toward you. Spam Y and LT at the same time. This will counter their attacks and throw a batarang at Ivy to weaken her. Watch for the vines, when the one on the right(her left) starts to come up through the center roll to the right, and continue to spam LT to throw batarang and when guys make it to you start hitting Y again with LT. As soon as the vines leave go back to center like before. When she gets a little less than half health the guys will leave then you will have to avoid her energy balls and vines like the first part, but keep throwing the batarang. When she has a 1/4 of health the guys will return, simply do the same strategy you did with Y and LT. Soon she will have no health and the cutscene will happen. I know it's cheap, but effective.

Most ppl forget you can Double Tap LT and it Rang hits the main target and not the goons lol I used all the time!

Didnt really know that, until I realized that it auto targeted the titans in the challenge and I was like duh.......

yep but finally beat the combat challenges, now on to hard, this Idea could really help me..thx

I beat it on Hard and didn't really have that much trouble with Ivy. The timing is very easy to figure out for the vines and the energy balls. Also, once the cages are lifted, run to them, and quickly attack the goons as soon as they jump out. 99% of the time you'll knock them off the platform.

great game, except for the ending and you never really get to fight Killer Croc

Going for the challenges now

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/626/jokersigcomic1.th.jpg

All you need to do on Ivy hard is double tap A all the time, and figure out the timing for maximum damage when shes open the shield thing, its basically dodging arond the time when those balls are launched, not wait till they are airborne, and immidately hit LT

I nearly died fighting her on Easy, I'm pretty much screwed for Hard. I couldn't time dodging the poison orb things and hitting her when her shell-esque thing opened at nearly the same time.

Haven't done it on hard yet but on normal i dodged as soon as the orbs appeared, before they even launched and had no problems. I only got hit once because I got greedy with the 'rangs. Seems if you wait till the orbs launch to dodge you are already screwed.

Any tips on the timing of the vines at the beginning?

Not really. The only thing I can say is don't immediately roll away from the vines when you see them coming up where you are unless you can make it out of their way with one roll. It seems batman takes a sec to recover after a roll leaving you vulnerable. Instead get in the habbit of running for a sec or two then roll. This is also a good thing to do when titans charge toward you.

Edited by Incubus21212

• 4 years later...

Old thread, but thought I'd add something. Don't try to kill any henchmen. Concentrate on avoiding taking damage (from vines by dodging out, & henchmen by countering). When you get a chance, quick-throw the batarang - she'll take damage even without the eye open.