3 Lives Remaining Discussion Thread

Actually I'll be the one taking on the powers of random.org. ;)

Doug is my protector too. *Looks at Last Man Standing Award* :dance:

Hmm. Looks like everyone is against me. I wonder if I could bribe Creech into banning a few people? I didn't think so either. :biglaugh

@Puck. Just remember that bronze comes AFTER silver. Let's keep that trend going. ;)

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor souls talking about Fallout 3 (PC) and Avatar. Pffft. Have you guys ever taken part in GSL? The first time I took part there I played about all of the games listed in the easy 1k thread with under 5 hours completion time (not the US exclusives though) and my team ended up like 7th place or something.

Sure you can get 3000GS from Avatar, NBA 2k6 and Fallout 3 (PC) in 2 hours altogether. It's just that what you'd really need to do is get 1000GS a day for the freaking 2 months :p

Okay that's enough of offtopic for me today. Good luck to everyone who takes part in the tourney! Remember that it's not only easy GS games that bring the 1st spot. You need to have a plan.

Poor souls talking about Fallout 3 (PC) and Avatar. Pffft. Have you guys ever taken part in GSL? The first time I took part there I played about all of the games listed in the easy 1k thread with under 5 hours completion time (not the US exclusives though) and my team ended up like 7th place or something.

Sure you can get 3000GS from Avatar, NBA 2k6 and Fallout 3 (PC) in 2 hours altogether. It's just that what you'd really need to do is get 1000GS a day for the freaking 2 months :p

Okay that's enough of offtopic for me today. Good luck to everyone who takes part in the tourney! Remember that it's not only easy GS games that bring the 1st spot. You need to have a plan.

Did your team mates suck? :p

But 1000:gsicon: a day? Screw that! I'm not a machine and I ain't made of money. This tournament will do me just fine. :dance:

Anyway, haven't a lot of the hardcore GSL guys disappeared? Or at least they won't have many games left to play.

Actually I'll be the one taking on the powers of random.org. ;)

It's true. I'll be verifying scores, checking for cheaters and such.

And besides, your secret weapon should be the ability to win by 5g. Winning by 1000g is a waste.

Stalk you opponent on Xbox.com... see them gain, strike with Fallout 3 at the last moment to steal the lead... Oops, said too much.

It's true. I'll be verifying scores, checking for cheaters and such.

And besides, your secret weapon should be the ability to win by 5g. Winning by 1000g is a waste.

Stalk you opponent on Xbox.com... see them gain, strike with Fallout 3 at the last moment to steal the lead... Oops, said too much.

I just lost all respect for you lol. Deny me AND give away my secret stategy. :p

But 1000:gsicon: a day? Screw that! I'm not a machine and I ain't made of money. This tournament will do me just fine. :dance:

Anyway, haven't a lot of the hardcore GSL guys disappeared? Or at least they won't have many games left to play.

Not really, I was actually the last in scoring :p

Read this for proof. She scored an average of 10,000GS per week which is even more than 1k/day ;)

Too bad she hasn't been around lately anymore :(

Not really, I was actually the last in scoring :p

Read this for proof. She scored an average of 10,000GS per week which is even more than 1k/day ;)

Too bad she hasn't been around lately anymore :(

There's a reason she scored that much per week and why she isn't around anymore.

And why she is now staff for TA...

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0dpjlWlnn1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

There are always more GSL games to play. As evidenced by the fact that smrnov won MVP last year. And as evidenced by the fact that I still have another 40k+ year ahead of me without resorting to using a Japanese console.

A few of the heavy hitters have retired, mostly since you can only compete so many times before you burn out. I have actually retired before, but the x360a vs PS3T competition as well as the fact that I have over 100 games that I haven't even touched yet make me want to give it one last go.

And the linked individual left because of the way Minty handled the site, not GSL.

There are always more GSL games to play. As evidenced by the fact that smrnov won MVP last year. And as evidenced by the fact that I still have another 40k+ year ahead of me without resorting to using a Japanese console.

A few of the heavy hitters have retired, mostly since you can only compete so many times before you burn out. I have actually retired before, but the x360a vs PS3T competition as well as the fact that I have over 100 games that I haven't even touched yet make me want to give it one last go.

And the linked individual left because of the way Minty handled the site, not GSL.

I agree that there are always games out there. I, myself, have thought numerous times that there aren't any more easy games to get. Later on I prove myself wrong.

The fact that smrnov won MVP was quite impressive considering how many games he's already played and his GS. He had a mad strategy that he stuck to.

I don't think I've seen Minty on the site since I've been here. Is he still an Admin even though he's been MIA for so long? I'm just curious.

I kinda figured that... :p

I have a question about the tourney. What happens if we get to an uneven number of people? I know the reserves are there, but I'm sure it's bound to be an uneven number after several people get eliminated.

I'm sure there are people out there that haven't signed up yet. And I'm sure there's a staff member or two that we can dragoon into signing up.

I'm sure there are people out there that haven't signed up yet. And I'm sure there's a staff member or two that we can dragoon into signing up.

I mean even if all 16 spots are filled and the reserves. Eventually after so many are eliminated there will be an uneven number of players. Unless you're saying that we get a staff member to fill in to even it out. Maybe I'm misunderstanding completely lol.

I mean even if all 16 spots are filled and the reserves. Eventually after so many are eliminated there will be an uneven number of players. Unless you're saying that we get a staff member to fill in to even it out. Maybe I'm misunderstanding completely lol.

I've worked out all the scenarios. Unless I missed something, there will never be an odd number if we have all 16 spots filled. We already have 13. If the 2 reserves are forced to play because no one else signs up (unlikely) then we are at 15. We can find one more for 16. Even if we can't (again unlikely) random.org will determine who gets a "bye week(4days)" so to speak.

TL;DNR- Don't worry, we got this. ;)

I've worked out all the scenarios. Unless I missed something, there will never be an odd number if we have all 16 spots filled. We already have 13. If the 2 reserves are forced to play because no one else signs up (unlikely) then we are at 15. We can find one more for 16. Even if we can't (again unlikely) random.org will determine who gets a "bye week(4days)" so to speak.

OK, I trust you. :) I just didn't see how you could predict eliminations when everyone has 3 lives. Random.org hates me so I won't get that lucky. :p

You going to use a bracket similar to this?

Edited by AOS Puck