No Punctuation - Pain in the a**

moontsuki

I managed to do it in my first try(although this was my third time playing thru but the first attempt at not dying). Although it came pretty easily to me, I do agree with those who find the jumps to be difficult, mainly because Alan doesn't move with that much finese. Just trying to get him to look in the right direction before jumping can be a pain. I'm just glad I'm done with this achievement.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got "Run on Sentence" for The Signal on my first play-through with ease, but this achievement is going to drive me crazy. I have tried once so far, made it to the second level of the tornado and missed my jump and didn't feel like restarting. The jump mechanics have really ruined a game I had so much love for...

Hey guys, quick tip:

For the tornado, no jumping is needed. If you light up all of the "bridge" words, one object will be an actual section of bridge. It is a grating with a railing on it. Both levels have this. If you wait for it to align just right (after picking up the manuscript, the word DIRECTLY in front of you has the bridge aligned correctly, otherwise it might take a few revolutions), you can WALK onto it, wait for it to line up with the path, and WALK off of it. Climb the ladder, do the same thing except this time it is faster to jump onto it with the railing facing the direction that will stop you from overjumping, and WALK off of it. No jumps or 1 easy jump are all you need. It was so easy using this method that I got Whirlwind by accident.

Edited by Darthgamer138

I would have got this first playthrough if i hadn't reloaded my checkpoint to do the 'whirlwind' achievement first time..

I realise now that i should have just carried on and come back for whirlwind :/ but this episode seemed significantly easier than the signal.. I didn't even come close to actually dying once! So i was wondering, if you choose a level through the special section (with only the two big boxes, one for each DLC) does it set the difficulty to hard as default? Because choosing from the episodes page, where you can select difficulty (and set to normal), seems to make it much easier than choosing it from the seperate page (where you don't get to choose difficulty). I haven't played The Signal for a while, but i remember dying a LOT on it...

Anyways, i hope that on my second playthrough i nail it again, otherwise i will curse myself just a little for loading a checkpoint for a much easier achievement...

It really is a pain in the butt.

I've played it I think four times now, with no success. At first, I was having trouble with the jumping, but I got the hang of it, which required extreme caution and slow steadyness. But that slow steadyness set a rhythm which led to being surrounded and slaughtered in combat.

I'm very demoralized in getting this achievement. I don't want to play this level anymore. But its the last one I need to complete Alan Wake for good, so I'll keep trying...like once a week...

It's not really that hard.

I managed to get it after a few tries, and 3/4 of the errors came from myself because I wanted to be too cautious (I jumped at some places where it wasn't needed).

It looks easier than the signal for me (jump parts are harder but ennemies ones are easier).

The hardest part, in my opinion, is probably the "house" turning on itself.

You have to know where to go and where to wait to get the good road.

The tornado isn't that hard in my opinion, you only have to do two jumps for each part.

I didn't use that way but if you need it, just look at a video on YouTube (there are probably a few videos about it) to analyse the road and all the jump parts.

About the "difficulty" of the achievement for most people, isn't that the real interest of the achievements? I mean, achievements have to be hard to be challenging. If they are a piece of cake and if everybody can get them easily, it would be just useless.

Personally, I don't try to have the higher gamerscore possible, nor to have the most 1000G I can. I only do it for the games I really liked, to be able to play them a bit more, and I like challenging/hard achievements (like "Modern Warfare 1", or even "Call of Duty 2" for example).

Edited by davhuit

• 5 weeks later...

in reality, it's not that hard. It's all about pre-planning. Align Alan to face where you want to go. You should have played the game enough to know how far Alan wake jumps depending if he's running or not. You judge where he might stumble a bit and then jump. A lot of the time, most parts don't even require a jump. Like the tornado (on the first level anyway), You can literally just walk onto the bed and walk off just as easily.

And you really don't need to run + jump anywhere. Usually a well placed standing still jump is all you need.

Just take it slow and plan your jumps.

As the old saying goes, look before you leap.

Needed a few attempts but it's doable.

Can't really say if it's easier or harder than THE SIGNAL. The only thing that annoyed me here for real was the jumping parts. The takens were rather easy compared to that.

All in all I'm glad I have never go through this another time. :)

Job done!

No Punctuation? No problem. Seriously, this was about three times easier than The Signal. IMO, that had more events that had me worried (Boom woods, rogue float) I still cleared Run On Sentence on my second attempt.

I died around four times on my first attempt, but cleaned up every other achievement. I tend to die a lot on my first run, to give me a feeling for the layout. Second time, ran through with absolutely no problems. Jumping has never been a problem for me. The Flash-stun works wonders, trust me.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know how everyone found this easier than Run On Sentence in The Signal. Run On Sentence was my 2nd playthrough. This took me about 50 tries and about two weeks of careful planning.

Maybe my copy of the DLC just had it out for me. Aside from the glitchy platforming, my biggest problem was the "easy" part of the lighthouse approach. For some reason the game liked spawning enemies around me in a configuration that was impossible to dodge or light flares before the 3 newly appearing in slow-motion sledgehammer taken finished swinging.

Went back this weekend to search for the clocks I missed in the Signal and didn't die in that unfocused run. Once you know how to handle the ghosts and the monster trucks, that episode is cake. In that one, Mr. Scratch isn't actively trying to kill you (I think only 1 of the TVs mentions you getting attacked, before the cars start floating).

Edited by crackedeggs1

You guys go on about falling at the Tornado part, I can't even make it onto the freaking boat before the spinning house lol. It's actually pretty easy to get through without dyeing from the Taken. All this restarting just because of some dumb ass fall is really getting tiresome :(

• 3 weeks later...

Took me 2 true attempts...

I died early on on the rotating cabin trying to get the game. So during that play through I didn't bother going for it.

The second play through, I died once (also at the cabin) and started again.

The third play through, I got it without any problems at all. Once I get passed that cabin it almost seems too easy the second time through. You know where to go, where you don't need to go (because you don't need collectibles) and you know when you can simply run to a safe haven or checkpoint. And since I got all the other achievements in the first play through, I didn't have to worry about shooting enemies during the lighthouse scene.

I have to say, I was expecting a bigger fight at the end of the game, but I guess I was playing it on Normal mode.

How is this a pain in the ass? I accidently did it first play through, furthermore whats with all these random fucking people saying they missed the poision achieve because they skipped the sequence. Are you fucking kidding me? Who plays a game and skips shit the first time through? Can't stand ignorant people like that.

/rant

• 3 weeks later...

I only ever die by falling never by the taken

this is last achievement i need and imo run-on sentance and no punctuation are the hardest achievements of the entire game

about to start 3rd attempt now

right had a few more attempts and apart from the platforming it is not hard. Jumping is a nightmare, and that and that alone is what makes this achievement a hell of a lot tougher than Run-on sentance imo

i have never died in battle just from falling

Edited by cheeky 315

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...