Achievement Guide and Road Map

Webb

Yeah, any assistance in appreciated.

Also, rza, there's 10 in the guide, plus the skeleton key which I have to add, so you're missing 1.

Yeh the 1 from the main story that i cant do yet as i'm seriously only on about the 3rd quest... Skeleton key doesnt count though as i do have that

EDIT... unless you get to keep it when you complete the final quest

Theres another 1 i think i've found, was in the middle of a quest though will check it out in a bit

EDIT.... yeh below thats the 1 i found

Edited by rza_2002

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only one I see right off hand that I have that isn't listed is Boethiah, her shrine is located east of windhelm on the northern side of the mountains there. You have to convince someone to follow you and sacrifice them on the sacrifice pole there and then she has a quest where you kill her old champion and you get her ebony mail.

Its going to be a moment while I find the others and where the quest starts.

For the skull of corruption, I believe it starts in dawnstar. At the inn there should be a mage named erandur. Talk to him and agree to help him and he'll lead you to the quest.

Sorry about the spoilers, I have no idea how to use the spoiler tags or else I would.

Edited by nicklesminer

Yeh the 1 from the main story that i cant do yet as i'm seriously only on about the 3rd quest... Skeleton key doesnt count though as i do have that

Skeleton key might not count as a Daedric quest, but it's a Daedric artefact... it's Nocturnal's.

The only one I see right off hand that I have that isn't listed is Boethiah, her shrine is located east of windhelm on the northern side of the mountains there. You have to convince someone to follow you and sacrifice them on the sacrifice pole there and then she has a quest where you kill her old champion and you get her ebony mail.

Superb. I'll go and have a look now. Cheers.

If anyone knows what to do with that hand under Winterhold, that'd be great too. That's definitely a Daedric quest, I'm sure of it.

I still have another couple weeks before I get my copy (getting it for my birthday) but looking at this achievement guide has really made me excited. I loved Oblivion but it was so easy to get a 1000/1000. I'm really looking forward to the challenge and time needed for these achievements.

Quick question to the guide author: Can you craft spells in this game? If so are you able to craft a destruction spell to do minor damage to yourself? That is how I leveled my destruction and restoration skills in Oblivion. I'd craft a fire spell that took little majicka and did little damage, use it till my health was way down then heal myself. Would this work in Skyrim?

If anyone knows what to do with that hand under Winterhold, that'd be great too. That's definitely a Daedric quest, I'm sure of it.

Grab the rings from the chest and then go back down to the hand. The rings have to be put on in a specific order, i.e. I just choose rings until it took it and then continues onto the next one, can't recall the specific order though. Not sure if its an artefact quest or not, but its daedric. You get a treasure map for it, but I'm not sure exactly where it leads.

Edited by nicklesminer

Quick question to the guide author: Can you craft spells in this game? If so are you able to craft a destruction spell to do minor damage to yourself? That is how I leveled my destruction and restoration skills in Oblivion. I'd craft a fire spell that took little majicka and did little damage, use it till my health was way down then heal myself. Would this work in Skyrim?

You can't craft spells, no, however, I'm not sure that tactic works ye. Not tried it. Will do though when I get a sec :)

Grab the rings from the chest and then go back down to the hand. The rings have to be put on in a specific order, i.e. I just choose rings until it took it and then continues onto the next one, can't recall the specific order though. Not sure if its an artefact quest or not, but its daedric. You get a treasure map for it, but I'm not sure exactly where it leads.

Forgive me for sounding stupid... but what chest? In the Arcaneum? You mean the glass thing with the four books in? If so... I need the key. Any ideas?

Question on the guild related achievements; can you do all the guild achievements on 1 character in 1 playthrough? Or do you need separate saves and the like. I only ask because in Oblivion, it was possible to join all the guilds as 1 character.. just wondering if they changed it. Or are any races/classes not allowed to join a certain guild. Thanx!

Webb, got any tips on which race and set is best? Like is the easiest route to be an orc with heavy armor and an axe or a high elf casting mage, or a dark elf thief with a bow?

I'm not sure if it really matters. I know in Morrowind I was just a wood elf thief who could kill anything in the game without being seen because of the soul shard things which let me get invisibility always on my armor.

Then in Oblivion I was a casting high elf, which seemed easier to level because you can just cast at the ground with most spells.

What did you pick and if you could do it all over, would you do it different?

Honestly, the whole races and their attributes really don't affect things all that much. The Argonians have a cool ability to constantly breathe underwater and the Elves regenerate magicka quicker, but honestly, it really doesn't matter.

At the end of the day I chose to be a Breton with my strengths in stealth, archery and destruction magic, all of which are probably more associated with the other races, but it worked like a dream. It's a case of pretty much anything goes here, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. If I was to do it all over again I'd probably build a character on what I thought looked cool, rather than the attributes they carry with them... if that makes sense.