If you're wondering why you didn't get an event ribbon...

lifeexpectancy

Poor programming? Or developer lazyness  

262 members have voted

1. 1. Poor programming? Or developer lazyness

• Poor programming with no foresight of achievement requirements.
    • Lazy developers who want to stop coding new events.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for spamming this thread.

One post isn't spam. The fact that it has a DIRECT relation to the screwed up manner they handled the events, and hence the entire reason for THIS thread, makes it perfectly relevant. And in case you didn't notice, I created this thread.

Time to head back under your rock there troll.

One post isn't spam. The fact that it has a DIRECT relation to the screwed up manner they handled the events, and hence the entire reason for THIS thread, makes it perfectly relevant. And in case you didn't notice, I created this thread.

Time to head back under your rock there troll.

Well excuse me if I'm a little pissed that I still haven't gotten this bullshit achievement and am still waiting for the next stupid fucking event.

And the pot calling the kettle black.

Hmm, pot calling the kettle black? I think not. You see, you accused me of spamming my own thread, in which case you were incorrect because the post you accused of being spam was actually relevant to the OP of the this thread, aka Epic's shitty ass support of the event system. I was directing people to another thread in the hopes that they might speak with their wallet and not give Epic any more money for such piss-poor business practices.

So your post was in fact trolling because you made an ill-conceived accusation with no basis in fact. You were upset. I can only assume it was because you were hoping the new post in the thread was letting people know there was a new event up, and you took your anger out on me by calling my post spam, which it was not. There have been plenty of posts in this thread that weren't mentioning a new event, but as long as they're related to the OP and aren't totally off topic, then they are not by definition spam.

Pointing out the fact that your post was a troll post due to its afore-mentioned unsupportable accusation does not, in fact, make me a troll. So you see there is no pot and kettle comparison here.

You're free to take this post as a troll post if you wish, but I'm merely trying to explain to you why you're mistaken here. At any rate, if you're this pissed off about the damned event system then we're in full agreement on that regard. The event system was and will always be fucked up. I hope you will take the time to visit the Judgment forum and voice your opinion in the thread there, and also that you will not allow yourself to be taken to the cleaners by Epic anymore and will refrain from buying any more of the garbage they're feeding gamers.

Hmm, pot calling the kettle black? I think not. You see, you accused me of spamming my own thread, in which case you were incorrect because the post you accused of being spam was actually relevant to the OP of the this thread, aka Epic's shitty ass support of the event system. I was directing people to another thread in the hopes that they might speak with their wallet and not give Epic any more money for such piss-poor business practices.

So your post was in fact trolling because you made an ill-conceived accusation with no basis in fact. You were upset. I can only assume it was because you were hoping the new post in the thread was letting people know there was a new event up, and you took your anger out on me by calling my post spam, which it was not. There have been plenty of posts in this thread that weren't mentioning a new event, but as long as they're related to the OP and aren't totally off topic, then they are not by definition spam.

Pointing out the fact that your post was a troll post due to its afore-mentioned unsupportable accusation does not, in fact, make me a troll. So you see there is no pot and kettle comparison here.

You're free to take this post as a troll post if you wish, but I'm merely trying to explain to you why you're mistaken here. At any rate, if you're this pissed off about the damned event system then we're in full agreement on that regard. The event system was and will always be fucked up. I hope you will take the time to visit the Judgment forum and voice your opinion in the thread there, and also that you will not allow yourself to be taken to the cleaners by Epic anymore and will refrain from buying any more of the garbage they're feeding gamers.

That was a nice wall there, Professor. Maybe, some day, I'll read it.

Just tried playing the Cupid's Wingman playlist after picking up a used copy at GameStop and it didn't unlock for me, although I did see my progress get bumped up to 29/30 like everyone has been saying.

1...MORE...EVENT!!!! Just give me my f***ing event so I can get the 70 gamerscore and be happy with my 1,800/2,000 in GoW3!

This is absurd. Even with every piece of Gears 3 content on sale as the deal of the week, they still didn't bother to change the event. Jesus, why not just create one last one that 'nobody' has, yet, and then this will all be over for everybody.

This is a stupid problem to have.

Would it work if I deleted all of my Gears 3 data and then cleared my cache and then replayed the game to get Socialite?

i have not been playing this for months and did not have many event ribbons, but when i started up my game on saturday i suddenly had 29 ribbons, i played one match and voila, socialite unlocked...

i have not been playing this for months and did not have many event ribbons, but when i started up my game on saturday i suddenly had 29 ribbons, i played one match and voila, socialite unlocked...

Epic Games bumped everyone up to 29/30 events last year.

This is getting annoying. Ive been working at getting this for months and this weekend a friend bought this game never touched it before. We played one match and it popped for him the moment it was over. And yet im still stuck at 29 out of 30

It basically handicaps all of us who legitimately played the game through now trying to get Socialite. It is so stupid!

Voice your opinion in the Boycott Judgment thread over in Judgment's forum guys. No one there seems to comprehend how broken this system is. I'm sorry I can't be more help here any more. Events are changing too little and too infrequently anymore to track it with any consistency, as we all feared would happen as Judgment approached. I can only hope for you guys that are still trying that they will own up to their mistake and somehow set the server to loop the 34 events daily even though that seems unlikely and maybe impossible the way they coded it.

Edit: Just noticed they're doing events (and a related War Supporter medal and achievement) in Judgment. Too funny. No thanks.

Edited by lifeexpectancy

• 2 weeks later...