Marathon Tips

LausDomini

Just got the achievement and wanted to share some small tips that I picked up from all those hours of practice. Once I could make it to Underground (level 5) regularly it wasn't too terrible. The biggest pain is restarting on levels 2, 3, or 4 when you want to get to and past Underground. First let me say that levels 5 (Underground) and 8 (Jolly Jumper) are the hardest and must be practiced on their own. You should also have level 19 (Groundhog Returns) well-practiced before attempting the marathon.

Level 2: Stock Market - at the last checkpoint, instead of risking the wooden rail, just fall off to the right and balance yourself . Patience and this tactic on the last checkpoint should get you to level 3 regularly.

Level 3: Mother of all Jumps - at the checkpoint before the big ramp where you can choose to fall down to the rocket boost, stop yourself right at that checkpoint. Then accelerate from there off of the ramp and do not touch the brake or gas while in the air! You should land on the top platform and bounce over the next platform onto another then bounce over another. Just balance yourself. Get speed for the big final jump and pull back right before the finish line to better handle that little ramp at the end of the level.

Level 4: Breakdown - at the very beginning go about 75% speed and pull back to navigate the first section. The rest of the level is straightforward.

Level 5: Underground - practice this one! You should have a plan for every section.

Level 8: Jolly Jumper - practice this one! You should have a plan for every section.

If you get past level 8 with 0 faults then the pressure is on. The only formidable opponent remaining is level 19 Groundhog Returns.

Finding the balance between not too slow and not too fast is key. For instance I once made my first fault on Smooth Jumps right at the beginning because I was too slow off the first jump.

Level 12 - Tried Hill opens with a ramp you can take at normal speed, but the rest of the level you can crawl through.

Level 16 - Dreamscape is easy if you creep through it slowly.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

lol...well i loaded up the game on another profile and wrote down the list of tracks for the ultimate tourney marathon chievo:

Hello World

Stockmarket

Mother of all jumps

breakdown

underground

upwardly mobile

groundhog begins

jolly jumper

easy wheelin

smooth jumps

container rush

the big ride

tired hill

logsplosive

trippin the plywood

building blocks

dreamscape

middle name: danger

groundhog returns

basic bumps

cheers :)

thanks for the tips, almost want to get back to this, it's my last achievement and i'm a kind of a completionist, not that hardcore but i try to finish what i start, however, i'm not gonna pass on a good game just cause the achievements are hard

i will probably try to play a couple attempts avery day until i get pretty close

• 2 weeks later...

got it!!

thanks for the inspiration, i started playing everyday until i got it. i started my sessions by practicing groundhog return, jolly jumper and underground, a couple times each until i made no fault, then i would do the tournament, starting over everytime i made a fault.

couple tries every day, when i made it past underground without making a fault, i finished the tournament to try to beat me recors, i had 11 faults, then 8, 7 and 4

just fot a prefect run today, glad i'm finished with this hell of an achievement

• 4 weeks later...

one little tipp..

try to practise the tracks as if you were doing the tournament. i mean yh you might practise a track to get it perfect every time, but when you are trying to get the achievement you will try your best to not bail out, and that might make you fail it.

Middle Name: Danger is the perfect example of this. i was surpised by how many times i failed that one after i had already failed it 2 times while doing the tournament. and its the first level of the game aswell x.x

oh also one thing i forgot to mention..

the bike i used was the Scorpion. ..yh i know the Phoenix is much more agile, especially for Underground and Jolly Jumper, but all other tracks come from Beginner and Easy.the Scrorpion is so much steadier which takes the risk of bailing out by mistake away.

its still up to you which one you will choose, but you should make the decision pretty early, cuz if you want to change after having already practised with the one bike, it would be a huge waste of time

• 5 months later...

I finally got this last night:woop:, i found it much easier with the scorpion over the other bike, i found it much easier to go real slow over most parts, there are obviously sections were speed is required to make a jump etc. but for the most part i just cruzed it. I found my biggest problem was freaking out once i got past a track i was having trouble with, so the key for me was keeping calm so i didnt make any unforced errors. Hope this helps someone, best of luck with this one.

• 1 month later...

Got it now after 5 hours! What I did first was practising the three harder tracks, Underground, Jolly Jumper and Groundhog returns. After I did that I started the tournament and keep restarting when I did any fault because any other tracks aren't that hard. But if I failed at some parts I quit and practised them separately then I started all over again and keep retrying till I got it!

:D

• 1 month later...

my tip for mother of all jumps is to go down the rocket route. crawl up and over the pyramid and hit the wooden platform before dropping and you should clear the rocket boost. I only post as this was my nemisis for a lomg time as i could not get the scorpion onto the ramps consistently.

ps. Groundhog Returns can suck it! i can complete this no problem but under the pressure i crack! 1 faults are boring boring boring! anyway thanks for listening, back to it! x

my tip for mother of all jumps is to go down the rocket route. crawl up and over the pyramid and hit the wooden platform before dropping and you should clear the rocket boost. I only post as this was my nemisis for a lomg time as i could not get the scorpion onto the ramps consistently.

Agreed - if you want that achievement, you need some consistency, and this is by far the most consistent route on that track.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Got it now after 5 hours! What I did first was practising the three harder tracks, Underground, Jolly Jumper and Groundhog returns. After I did that I started the tournament and keep restarting when I did any fault because any other tracks aren't that hard. But if I failed at some parts I quit and practised them separately then I started all over again and keep retrying till I got it!

:D

for anyone coming back to trials or attempting this achievement fresh, this here is the best advice i have come across. I have been following this word for word and gradually getting closer and closer to the achievement. This method ensures constant practice of all tracks (including easy ones), so when you do eventually pass jolly jumper, the subsequent tracks are familiar.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...