game music

knightsuzaku

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHieCyez_A0]YouTube - Persona 3 - Changing Seasons[/ame]

I remember when I hit the second semester in school in Persona 3 and this started playing and I fell in love with it. The Soundtrack for this game is amazing.

There's lots of great music to choose from, but I thought I'd choose some random one's.

Milk Lizard plays on one of the radio channels in Saints Row 2.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMEYLlDThZU]YouTube - THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN - "Milk Lizard"[/ame]

And Her Ghost in the Fog plays during one of the stage fights in Brutal Legend.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRNfeMaUBbo]YouTube - Cradle Of Filth - Her Ghost In The Fog[/ame]

Edited by Grey Stache

I'm not that fused tbh. Granted music when driving in GTA is a nice bonus but it's not a massive selling point for me.

I normally turn off the scary music in SilentHill and the Resi games because I'm a massive woosey :D

Normally, I have my music on the Stereo/computer/TV while I'm gaming and have the game on mute with subtitles except for Endings etc.

Back in the day though, Zelda and Super Mario World had some epic 8 bit soundtracks to them. Why can't next-gen games have cack 8-bit but memorable themes to them :D

Practicing lengthy mixups on Tekken 6 on Azazel's Chamber (Akitaka Tohyama i think), puts me right in the zone.

Jesper Kyd - Exploration (Hitman 2: Silent Assassin OST) i like this when i play some FPS titles online.

Jesper Kyd - Isabella: Leader of the Resistance (Freedom Fighters OST) this for when im just chilling out and only want to hear one song.

Masashi Hamazu - Mysteries Abound (Final Fantasy XIII OST) i've been caught listening to this one track the entire day on more than one occasion, its just relaxing.

Theres too many good scores for some games like another poster above mention Harry Gregson-Williams input for Metal Gear Solid 2, that was class. Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory for another, Final Fantasy VIII ("mission landing" when you invade Dollet for your first mission). You just have to have an ear for them, movie, game and anime composers (Yoko Kanno, Taku Iwasaki, Kaijura Yuki to name but a few) are seriously underrated when it comes to music.

Something that can go from calm and gentle to something fast paced and all around exciting.

Sorta like this: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qNP6rAeOeo]YouTube - Halo 3 Theme Song (Full)[/ame]

(I can't figure out how to link it like the rest of ya'll. If any of ya wanna explain I'm all ears.)

Never mind. It linked itself. I'm stupid.

Edited by Cheesemonkey994
Stupidity.

I like to hear whatever compliments the game based on time period, environment, and sometimes the characters. A lot of RPGs soundtracks are really well made, FFXIII is my favourite OST to date. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is another one- I also really like the music in Mass Effect and Borderlands. Really well done.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I want Theme of Laura from Silent Hill 2 played at my funeral. I just love that piece of Music. I also really love Silent Hill 4's version of Room of Angel.

I love the music that plays during the car sequence at the beginning of Alone in the Dark, which is a good thing as it took me about a thousand attempts to get through the whole thing.

I also have a soft spot(to the point of having it on my Ipod) for Lucia's Theme from Lunar 2: Eternal Blue even if it is really cheesy.

I'm also really enjoying all the Golden oldies that playing Fallout 3/New Vegas has introduced me too.