Ambient Freeplay Made Easy (Glitch)

Tyger7

Credit:

This glitch was originally found by ShazamFTW. I only thought there needed to be a video, and he has not been checking this game's forums. His original thread was HERE.

Introduction:

There are tons of freeplay events in the game, and you should be getting some along the way to help you gain contraband (money) to buy ammo and upgrades. This glitch will create a worry-free world, where you can wreck as much havoc as you want without having anyone shoot at you, or raising any alarms. This makes the ambient freeplay events extremely easy, and far less time consuming.

When/Where/How:

The time to do this is on the very last missions, at the Eiffel Tower. You must go up to the third floor (your new objective will be to go to the bar). Instead of following your objective, go back down the lifts (elevators). Your mission will still be active. Anything freeplay events you do are instantly saved. If you die from falling or anything else, you will be starting the final missions over and can re-glitch it. All events will be saved regardless.

Benefits:

You will not be shot at, and have no consequence for anything you destroy. You can go around killing anyone you want, destroying anything you want. This makes things very simple! You are still able to buy ammo, but you are restricted from going to a garage to grab a car. This doesn't stop you from getting your best car, as you can still have a car dropped off to you. Also, that guy will sell you ammo (this is as long as you have the upgrades).

Here is the video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9qzBkAT5Zg]YouTube- The Saboteur: Glitch/Cheat (No One Attacks You)[/ame]

Again, thanks to ShazamFTW for finding this out!

Edited by Tyger7

I know you gave him cred, but Shazam posted this in January. Why did you feel you needed to post it again?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=199464

The initial post claimed "I think I found a major glitch" and I was assuming a lot of people passed it up when they didn't know what it was. It was more of a discussion on getting it to work. I was trying to make it more formal, with a video and and directions. I was asking Shazam to make another thread about it but he never replied and I figured he never checks these threads. No good deed goes unpunished I suppose.

Is there any reason you linked his thread? I linked it myself in the introduction. Did you even read what was written?

Anything else I need to explain myself on? Would you like this thread locked/deleted because it's a double post? Sorry I was trying to help out! I know this game is extremely popular and tons of people are constantly creating new threads, very sorry for the clutter.

Edited by Tyger7

So once you're done with the freeplay stuff, just go finish the Eiffel Tower mission? (Go the bar)

I actually made a a couple saves right before going to the Eiffel Tower and then went ahead and completed the game. Then went back to the save and did the freeplays afterwards...

but yeah you can do it the way you just said porsche....

Shame i didn't see this before as i have recently finished all the freeplay targets in Paris Area 3 & Centre without the papers needed to get into Paris Area 3 !

The only two freeplay targets i haven't done in Area 3 are the Eiffel Tower and the Big Wheel nearby.

It took a while but at least they are all done now :)

• 5 weeks later...

Only just starting this game and still on prologue, and this glitch seems great - so thanks! The perks do seem alot to go thru at the stage Im at and Im wondering if there is any that cant be achieved with this glitch (before I ignore the perks completely till the end!). Any help appreciated!

(Im guessing the evasion ones wont work)

Edited by x FLA5H x

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

wow, great glitch. im 45% done the ambient mission and 66% done the story missions. once i get to the mission in the vid i will definitely try it out. i hate having to escape every time i blow something up so this should save me a lot of stress, frustration and time.

BTW no HD version of the vid is nessasary. u can understand it just fine with the quality that's currently available.

• 1 month later...

Beautiful! Thanks for the video. And I assume I will stil be able to stealth kill Nazi Generals this way (for achievement and perk)?

EDIT -- Yes, this method will work for the Nazi General kills in more than perfection.

Edited by artphobia
tested it and now answering my own question in case other were wondering

• 4 weeks later...

I thought I messed up because when I got to this mission had had not yet bought the thing from the arms dealer that made a shop owner spawn when you called a getaway car. And once you start the last mission you're unable to go to any Resistance locations to by more dynamite. Therefore I had only 15 sticks of dynamite and had to either get killed or save/reload, which is a pain, in order to get more. I found a workaround, though. I unlocked a perk (the one where you blow up 5 Nazi vehicles in 300 seconds) and all the arms dealers showed up again. I went to the nearest one, bought the spawn upgrade and saved the game.

Edited by HughJazz
clarification

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
How do I get ammo? There's no icons on the map :confused:

Hi, You can pick up ammo from Nazi's that you kill or you can go to an arms dealer once you have completed Act 1, Mission 3 called 'The Black Market'.

Once you complete that mission for Santos the Black Market dealers who sell guns and ammo will be available on your map.

Cheers

Hi, You can pick up ammo from Nazi's that you kill or you can go to an arms dealer once you have completed Act 1, Mission 3 called 'The Black Market'.

Once you complete that mission for Santos the Black Market dealers who sell guns and ammo will be available on your map.

Cheers

Nah, I've finished the game, I've loaded a previous save just before the last mission, activated the "glitch" and there's no icons for ammo! So I'm just wondering how can I get ammo?