x360a After the 360?

uhwR

I was just curious, what exactly is going to happen with x360a when the new Xbox comes out? Is the site just going to change its name or something so we keep our posts/achievements and such?

If anyone knows that would be awesome!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really see why it would, the achievement system has been on multiple platforms for awhile without a (public) name change consideration. When the new system comes out it will obviously have achievements and be the primary focus, but that doesn't make the 360 irrelevant by any means. The site has been called x360a for 6 years, a name change would be massively abrupt so it may very well not happen.

I'm not site staff though, so I could be way off base :x

I don't really see why it would, the achievement system has been on multiple platforms for awhile without a (public) name change consideration. When the new system comes out it will obviously have achievements and be the primary focus, but that doesn't make the 360 irrelevant by any means. The site has been called x360a for 6 years, a name change would be massively abrupt so it may very well not happen.

I'm not site staff though, so I could be way off base :x

This makes sense. I was just wondering since the 720 was going to come out, when it did would it be called x720a instead? Just a thought I had come to mind and I wasn't sure what everyone was thinking. I like x360a much more it looks better haha ;)

I was just wondering since the 720 was going to come out, when it did would it be called x720a instead?

I wish people would stop calling it Xbox 720. The more I read it, the more I believe everybody believes everything they read on the Internet.

The site name can change, that's no big deal. I've been apart of a few websites where they went through a change and typing out the old URL will just re-direct you to the new one. No big deal there either.

The new xbox will not have the 720 thing on it, i think MS marketing will come up with something like "X8" (Xbox+ windows 8) or Metrobox or somte shit like this.

And i doubt that the megabrains behind this site will change the name,

never ever change a running system...

About the only thing I can think of would be that a new domain name is claimed, redirecting back to x360a. But I know I ain't changing my gamertag again.

Everytime someone asks about the new "720", a lawn gnome dies.....think of the lawn gnomes.

They deserve it, though. After all that crap I went throuugh in Half-Life... I really do need to resist accidentally, repeatedly running over my mother's garden gnomes when I am mowing the lawn.