Official Bitching Thread

13ip0lar

Yeah, let me count in on this one too. I had to zoom in/out many times to figure out where the hell I am.

Exactly. It is easy to find the locations because they are nice yellow dots / flags. Even the custom marked is grey which can still be difficult to see.

Your enemies are red, allies are green, objectives in yellow. Why cant your location and/or custom marker be a bright green?

Glad its not just me :)

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off I gotta say, I think the driving feels very hokey after getting used to driving in GTA4. More like old style GTA's or Saint's Row (an arcade feel to it), whereas GTA4 felt more realistic. I know they aren't same company making them, but wanted to point that out seeing as someone mentioned it.

And the game does feel short for a 3 disc game really. If the DLC for a game is out the same week it releases, shouldn't that content have perhaps been ON THE DISC??? :p

First off I gotta say, I think the driving feels very hokey after getting used to driving in GTA4. More like old style GTA's or Saint's Row (an arcade feel to it), whereas GTA4 felt more realistic. I know they aren't same company making them, but wanted to point that out seeing as someone mentioned it.

And the game does feel short for a 3 disc game really. If the DLC for a game is out the same week it releases, shouldn't that content have perhaps been ON THE DISC??? :p

First of all, I think the driving is fine and considering these cars are 60 years older than the cars in Grand Theft Auto IV, they would probably handle quite differently.

The DLC was a bonus for people who preordered it so the company could get more preorders. Hopefully I can purchase them soon.

Alright I retract my earlier bitch about the driving. It is actually fairly decent in this game. It was my controller that was goofy and making me fight it while driving. Just got it replaced and now I have no problem driving, well except for the stupid other drivers that turn and move so damn erratically.

I stick with my comments on the character control not being very good though. Can still be a giant pain in the ass when you are trying for small area movement and especially while chasing suspects.

Another bitch I'd like to add though is regarding the side missions. Why do you have to always kill the people? It would be nice if you had the option to apprehend them alive. Just seems like the only option is to just shoot them. I've stopped bothering to chase them down now and just blast away at the first chance I get.

Cars do look the same.

The game is good but being an huge open world city there is a no reason (apart from sheer curiosity) to explore it.

I am wondering if they could of added similar things like your friends or mini games ala GTA IV? Or go to a club to see a show/singer, or gambling?

Even have Phelps have apartments and girls dotted around the city.

Althought its open world it is a tad linear.

My only complain is that on The Quarter Moon Murders case, I got to the end and was chasing the killer though the Catacombs, and climbing out I got shot by him and fell down and got stuck in the ladder shoot and I didn't get a "Case Fail" or "Game Over" or what ever you get in this, and I had to do the whole boring mission again.

im finding the game so boring to be honest. It's tyoo slow with not enough action.

It looks stunning and the mechanics are perfect.......theres just not enough action, It's like a dumbed down version of CSI. I was expecting a lot more shootouts and car chases etc

totally agree with the lack of things to do, In a great big wide open city there should be more there to hold your interest after beating the game

First glitch.... after the tractor scene the sound of the tractor won't go away.... I can't hear the dialog... so I had to turn off the sound effects... still carried over into the next case too.

I hate that bulldozer, the sound creeps me out probably cause it killed me like half a dozen times. Hopefully the sound goes away when you reload the game.

My gripe is about how when you're done with all achievements for the main game, it doesn't count as 100% retail completion. So you are forced to get the two DLCs if you want to get those final 200 pts - for gamers that have to purchase this later, this will factor into used/2nd hand games price.

Also how all clues and interrogation stats are reset to zero once you replay a case after the first playthrough and even at the end of that replayed case itself. In game stats and SC. It's like I haven't solved anything despite spending 22+ hours on the game.

Edited by leeloo

i think its pretty dumb that half the time i get out of a car, turn around for literaly a SECOND and all the cars that were just there have vanished, including my own.. i mean i would understand if i wandered too far, but c'mon.. especially going for the auto fanatic achievement.. infuriating!

My gripe is about how when you're done with all achievements for the main game, it doesn't count as 100% retail completion. So you are forced to get the two DLCs if you want to get those final 200 pts - for gamers that have to purchase this later, this will factor into used/2nd hand games price.

And how is this any different to any other game that has DLC with achievements. No point in griping about it, this is the way the industry is and it isn't going to change.

And how is this any different to any other game that has DLC with achievements. No point in griping about it, this is the way the industry is and it isn't going to change.

Maybe he means before a title update, sort of like how my Xbox thinks I've completed Bioshock 2 even though I haven't bought any of the DLC.

So far my only major problem has been the lack of a proper save system. I have a young family so I have to stop playing randomly as things come up and there is nothing worse than going through 2 full interviews then having to quit out to do something else and when I come back, THE SAME DAMN INTERVIEWS!!!

When I get questions wrong it's not too bad because it gives me another chance but when I got all the questions right it sucks having to sit through all the dialogue, that I have already heard, again.

I am not looking forward to doing the cars as I know there are going to be some that I get and will lose them without realizing it when I quit out. Then I will be wondering which cars I am missing for the achievement when I come back to it.

If you go to the game options and make a change it'll make a save there and then that you can come back to. Not great but it's a work around.

When you collect a car/badge/film/newspaper it makes a save straight after, so you won't lose any of the collectibles if you have to quit out. Also you can check the social club to see what collectibles you are missing.