Is Endure really that tough?

IWHBYD

This game has been out for a while now and I'm still seeing a ton of threads on various forums about how tough Endure is. What exactly are ppl having trouble with? I know when I got the achievement I did it with just two other ppl and hid the 4th guy in a corner.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the hard part is finding 3 other people willing to sit around for ~2hrs.

Not really having to do with endure, just want to put it out there; No Matchmaking = Major FAIL.

This is the most true, most accurate, post in the history of this website.

I will never understand in a million billion lifetimes how Bungie could not add Matchmaking to ODST. It's like they wanted it to fail, maybe it's a tax write off thing or something?

• 3 weeks later...
No, the hard part is finding 3 other people willing to sit around for ~2hrs.

Not really having to do with endure, just want to put it out there; No Matchmaking = Major FAIL.

So very true, endures easy shame Bungie didn't keep the bar at reaching the 7th set on legendary like they originally planned as that would actually of been a challenge :p

About a month ago I tried this achievement and with less than a round left (and 10-12 lives) the connection lagged out. Haven't brought myself to try it again since. If it weren't for that I'd have it no problem. It wasn't even that difficult to get as far as we did.

• 2 weeks later...
i no i can do it but keep getting a bad team i will have like 5 deatgs they will have about 20 each.... so need help with it and all firefight GT IL 3 G 3 N D S

I feel your pain. I tried for this achievement recently and my kill-death ratio was more than 2 times better than the 2nd best player on my squad. I had 325 kills and 8 deaths (2 deaths didn't even take a life away from our team because they were during the bonus rounds. I wanted to make sure we won the extra lives). The next lowest amount of deaths was 19.

Okay, I'm not the only who gave up after a close attempt at achieving this. I had a really good team, but towards the end my ISP reset and my teammates got pissed off, bad reppped me (I think), etc. It was a disheartening moment, I won't lie. Haven't played it much since, but I'm willing to try again if anyone is willing to stomach that ordeal lol

• 2 weeks later...

I played with a really great team last night and we got Endure relatively easily. It would have been much less time consuming but my 3rd roommate unplugged my other roommate's network cable and we had to start over after about 2/3 of the way through. However, the 2 members from here we were playing with were really cool about it and we all agreed to give it another shot. I think we finished the 4th set with at least 6 lives remaining. Not too bad considering how terrible I played the 2nd game compared to the 1st. I was on fire on our 1st attempt. I think having to restart really knocked me off my game, plus I was getting really tired at that point.

If you play Halo 3 Multiplayer, then just ask players you meet in there if they're willing to help with Firefight.

A friend and I found two other guys in Halo 3 from the the same country as us (handy for connection issues), then organised to load up ODST for the Endure achievement.

Bu yes, you need to find the right kind of people who are talented enough to hold their own, are good communicators, and will actually stick to a game plan.

We got Endure in just under 2 hours.

It shouldn't be that hard to find 3 other people to play with, especially if you're still in school/college/etc, where you can put ads in the school paper/website/send e-mails/etc. I got the achievement with my brother, my roommate, and my roommate's cousin.

I would have had this like three times if not for people lagging out the first two times. If you don't have three other good players though it will be difficult, one time we had three great players including myself but one guy who wasn't that good and lost all of our lives for us and we couldn't make it out of the second set.