Multiplayer connection test failed?

dirge

I agree with you guys, there are connection problems that are on the side of the game, not our foult.

I can join onlinegames but it realy needs some luck, cause every second try there is an connection failure.

AND I also got some good internet connection but same probleme here as some other:

just can host games with 2 people..

the devs of this game should notice those problems quick and give us an patch, otherwise the people gonna leave the arena soon.

I would like to tell the developers about those problems but as dirge already said.. theres no section up yet for quake in Bethesda forums.. any other idea where to post?

I agree with you guys, there are connection problems that are on the side of the game, not our foult.

I can join onlinegames but it realy needs some luck, cause every second try there is an connection failure.

AND I also got some good internet connection but same probleme here as some other:

just can host games with 2 people..

the devs of this game should notice those problems quick and give us an patch, otherwise the people gonna leave the arena soon.

I would like to tell the developers about those problems but as dirge already said.. theres no section up yet for quake in Bethesda forums.. any other idea where to post?

Theres this link dirge sent me, but its just xboxfourms. http://forums.xbox.com/2/35284070/ShowPost.aspx#35284070. What I really cant understand is bethesda are usally a very good company, and also a game that was mentioned back in 2007, that has now only come out at 1200 points also, and hardly anyone can connect. I bet its fine in all the major countries, poss. UK always gets fucked.

Theres this link dirge sent me, but its just xboxfourms. http://forums.xbox.com/2/35284070/ShowPost.aspx#35284070. What I really cant understand is bethesda are usally a very good company, and also a game that was mentioned back in 2007, that has now only come out at 1200 points also, and hardly anyone can connect. I bet its fine in all the major countries, poss. UK always gets fucked.

Yea saw that link, thats better then nothing (me just cant access the link cause this PC sucks), I hope the problem wont be ignored there.

Anyhow I keep my eyes open for a chance to write to id software/bethesda more directly, so they realy have to answer to our problems.. maybe I need to write email to support.

I agree with you MrTaste, bethesda should be able to handle this fast and they realy had more than enough time to test out the game.

Its not just the UK getting fucked, over here in germany the game isnt even available on marketplace, I needed to use other account.. and I bet theres nobody out there who can play this flawless yet.

QUAKE GOD GIVE US PATCH!

I think you must need an internet speed of at least 8mb, I tryed this again today on my wireless which has been checked and is 7.76mb and I cannot play online, keep getting error messages (for quake OBV), however when I reconnect the wired internet (10.21mb) it works fine (well I can only host for myself and one other person! :eek: )

So it may just be internet speeds? high request to make sure this game does not lag?

Hiya guys.

Just received and e-mail from Bethesda:

Hello,

We have been made aware that some people are encountering connection

issues with the game,

but we have not yet established exactly how widespread this is.

In order to be in a position to provide accurate instructions,

we need to know more about your network settings.

From within the Xbox 360 menu, run the Xbox Live Connection Test.

My Xbox > Settings > Network Settings > Test Xbox Live Connection

From the button "More Information", let us know which NAT type is

returned.

Furthermore, please detail the type of broadband you have

i.e. ADSL, ADSL2, Cable Broadband.

Please provide the name of your ISP.

Are any other devices sharing your internet connection?

Your customer number is ********

Please refer to case #:: 401524793 if you have any further questions.

If you need further assistance, you can also reach us online at

http://support.bethsoft.com

or our technical support staff at 0203 0270982.

Please include all previous replies when/if responding to this message.

Best Regards,

Jamie D. at Bethesda Softworks Technical Support

[email protected]

So, if anyone experiencing issues wants to help solve the problem, drop an e-mail to [email protected] with the above requested info, NAT type, broadband type, ISP and any other devices connected to your network.

I'd suggest including the case # 401524793

The quicker we get the info to them the quicker we can play online!

Don't suppose the multiplayer problems for this game have been corrected yet have they? Early days still I know but I really don't feel like taking a gamble on buying a 1200MSP game that may not even find online matches.

Such a shame, I loved Quake back in its day but it seems this is more trouble than it's worth.

Hi guys. I am from germany and I have the same problem but at least i can offer a solution to the 2 player lobby problem. You can easily get past the 2 player limit when you first set up a system link game and put the number of fighters to the maximum (or what you wish). Then return and choose ranked or what you like and don't change the option. This way I hosted a couple of games today with up to 9 players and since they didn't quit i suppose the connection was ok. when i played with people from germany and asked them about the connection they didn't mention too big lags aswell.

Edited by Alpha Till

i can use live fine, only thing when i host it sais i can only have 2 people.. my NAT is fine. ideas on that one?

as i said before, change the player option in a system link game first and then it carries over to live games aswell. just don't change the option when hosting a live game.

Hi guys. I am from germany and I have the same problem but at least i can offer a solution to the 2 player lobby problem. You can easily get past the 2 player limit when you first set up a system link game and put the number of fighters to the maximum (or what you wish). Then return and choose ranked or what you like and don't change the option. This way I hosted a couple of games today with up to 9 players and since they didn't quit i suppose the connection was ok. when i played with people from germany and asked them about the connection they didn't mention too big lags aswell.

thanks for that Input, gonna try it out later.

..and good to see Bethesda at least answer to the email, hope they care enough.

• 2 weeks later...
still can't get a game online, and my connection is fine...anyone know if there is going to be some sort of fix? I'm assuming this is a UK/Europe problem?

They are aware of the problem and are working on a fix. Apparently it's to do with a system check it performs before going into the multiplayer and some ISP's try block this check thinking it's something dodgy.

They are aware of the problem and are working on a fix. Apparently it's to do with a system check it performs before going into the multiplayer and some ISP's try block this check thinking it's something dodgy.

ahhh...thanks for that. I was beginning to think it wasn't being looked at, good to know they are on it.

• 2 months later...

I have been having the same problem , can't even play online so cant get any achievements for online so basiclly I paid for a single play game which its all about the online side of it ... great may have to see if tunneling sites work via system link to try and play it with others.

my bro is on SKY and can only host 2v2 matches but can join full rooms and play but I am on VIRGIN media and can't do jack!:mad:

UK / PAL gamer

• 2 weeks later...