Finished - what a great game

Rico2000

Just finished this game. It was one that flew under the radar imo. One of the best games I've played, thoroughly enjoyable. I'd recommend it very highly due to its great voice acting, engrossing story and great graphics. The ending icbs also one of the best and without giving anything away, leaves it open for Maffia 3 (or does it?). Got mine for £20 new from Tesco so should be able to find for less. Enjoy.

I also really enjoyed the game,

and after playing mafi 1 before a long time ago it was so great.

Why no Oscar for games :-D .

For all who didnt play Mafia 1, you have to to find out the perfect story of mafia 2 :-)

with playin Mafia 1 too.

Great game indeed. I truly enjoyed it. It was my first rent from Gamefly. It's been on my radar since it came out, but I never wanted to buy it because its so short. I loved driving around a lot even though others may find it mundane. I loved the story and missions. Just a great, fun, simple game that is quite enjoyable.

• 1 month later...

Played up to Chapter 14 and so far this game is awesome. Certainly does Mafia 1 credit. Can't wait to start the DLC too once I'm done (I bought the classics pack). Although I seem to recall the cops being far more observant in Mafia 1. I've gone through countless red lights etc. in Mafia 2 and only Joe seems to notice!

i really enjoyed the game. way better than godfather. only wish there was more side missions to do

I enjoyed the Godfather also, mainly because of the huge amount of side missions and ease of going into freeplay. But this game had a much better story IMO.

Why is wise to start the game on hard difficulty?

If you want to get all the achivements in one playthru, then you can do so by beating it on hard first. I played it on easy first though, mainly because I wanted to enjoy the game and the story before enjoying a challenge.

Great game indeed. I truly enjoyed it. It was my first rent from Gamefly. It's been on my radar since it came out, but I never wanted to buy it because its so short. I loved driving around a lot even though others may find it mundane. I loved the story and missions. Just a great, fun, simple game that is quite enjoyable.

If you beat it on hard first, then it is pretty short. But if you go hard->easy, then it's a decent length. But throw all 3 DLC's into the mix, and it is actually quite the lengthy game.

Although I seem to recall the cops being far more observant in Mafia 1. I've gone through countless red lights etc. in Mafia 2 and only Joe seems to notice!

LOL, yeah they never go after you for that. Heck, you can even speed and they wont pull you over unless you go 10 over the limit. Or get to 20mph over, jam on the brakes, then speed, jam on the brakes, etc and they wont pull you over either.:Bounce:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Why is wise to start the game on hard difficulty?

Because it is so damn easy, even for me who isn't used to shooting games.

Yeah i loved this game and its story. So much so it made me enjoy a shooting game. It gets way to much hate IMO. I like it better than all the GTA/Saints Row games. Sometimes linearity is a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice game indeed,

don't know why but i like mafia 1 more than this one.. felt more realistic for me, i was really IN the game, did'n played with thomas but i WAS thomas angelo :) haha sounds strange maybe but that's how i feel..

i really like the way mafia 2 looks but if mafia 1 was released now it would look also better..

i enjoyed the music from both games tough, nice work from 2K.. i look forward to mafia 3 if it will come and hope it'll be more like the first mafia :)

• 2 weeks later...