Achievement Guide & Roadmap

Barad

Hey BAR4D :) Nice and early work, bro. There is just a typo in your last paragraph, it's "woman" and not "women". Only thing I wouldn't put is "The game is stunning with some amazingly haunting and emotional moments which will take your breath away". It's a Roadmap, not a review, and even if it's pretty and sad-ish, I really doubt it will "haunt" anyone lol

Last thing, your signature is way too long according to the forum rules. You should know that bro :) Thanks again and see you later.

Hey BAR4D :) Nice and early work, bro. There is just a typo in your last paragraph, it's "woman" and not "women". Only thing I wouldn't put is "The game is stunning with some amazingly haunting and emotional moments which will take your breath away". It's a Roadmap, not a review, and even if it's pretty and sad-ish, I really doubt it will "haunt" anyone lol

Last thing, your signature is way too long according to the forum rules. You should know that bro :) Thanks again and see you later.

Thanks for noticing the type, corrected. As for the intro, I was told to beef up the roadmap a little as it was looking too empty, couldn't think of anything to add but a small intro about the game. If a staff member doesn't find it appropriate when processing time comes, I'll remove it. :)

Subs are allowed 600x400 sigs, mine is 571x360. Yours however is 610x210, slightly longer than what is allowed for a sub! ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the guide! Way too many typos for how few achievements there are. More time proofreading and less time playing GTA? :p

Take a Break Achievement: ...where you have to pull a level lever to continue.

Falling Star Achievement: ...Statue statue. Interact with the statue...

A Sad Tune Achievement: move alone along the wall where you mist must pick up the little music box...

Love Birds Achievement: ...same bird sitting on a tree stem branch. Zoom...

Call of the Giants Achievement: ...to get to the other side. Instead of going u the left towards the left to the left , take the path to the right and you'll see...

Cheers. Also got the 400G in about 2.5 hours. 5 hours might be too long?

Thanks for the guide! Way too many typos for how few achievements there are. More time proofreading and less time playing GTA? :p

Take a Break Achievement: ...where you have to pull a level lever to continue.

Falling Star Achievement: ...Statue statue. Interact with the statue...

A Sad Tune Achievement: move alone along the wall where you mist must pick up the little music box...

Love Birds Achievement: ...same bird sitting on a tree stem branch. Zoom...

Call of the Giants Achievement: ...to get to the other side. Instead of going u the left towards the left to the left , take the path to the right and you'll see...

Cheers. Also got the 400G in about 2.5 hours. 5 hours might be too long?

Ah thank you for those! Definitely need to improve on my proof reading skills. :o

Apologies.

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member TemporalWizard and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

• 2 months later...

Very solid guide. I used it to get all the achievements just fine. You can definitely chapter select for the Achievement about reuniting the birds. I loaded up chapter 1 and freed the caged bird. I played until I got to the part where you meet the troll for the first time, and then quit out after the cut scene. I then loaded up chapter 4 and followed the rest of the steps for the cheevo. It popped up just fine for me. Great guide!

Very solid guide. I used it to get all the achievements just fine. You can definitely chapter select for the Achievement about reuniting the birds. I loaded up chapter 1 and freed the caged bird. I played until I got to the part where you meet the troll for the first time, and then quit out after the cut scene. I then loaded up chapter 4 and followed the rest of the steps for the cheevo. It popped up just fine for me. Great guide!

Yeah, I was glad this worked. By the time I got to the bird achievement, I was pissed that I missed releasing the bird. I followed the directions to go back and free it and all was good.

Very easy 100% this game, as long as you follow this guide. :) I got the black rabbit one first by mistake. That was when I figured I'd look at the other cheevos. I was surprised to find all of them were random like this.

Unlike Trine 2 which has a similar achievmeent type of list to this game, I actually finished this game after getting all the achievements. Both games require you to not even have to finish the game! Just all random cheeves for doing stupid crap along the way. I believe Trine 2 you could finish before even the half way point of the story though haha

Unlike Trine 2 which has a similar achievmeent type of list to this game, I actually finished this game after getting all the achievements. Both games require you to not even have to finish the game! Just all random cheeves for doing stupid crap along the way. I believe Trine 2 you could finish before even the half way point of the story though haha

I must play that game soon then. :p Yeah, this game has about two whole chapters left over once you get the whale achievement, but was well worth finishing the whole story!

Finished in a couple of hours thanks to this (and then played through the rest of the chapters for what ended up being a pretty interesting ending).

One thing I will say: I couldn't immediately get the Love Birds achievement to pop up, despite having cleared all of the steps to do so. Zooming in and out with the telescope for a bit while focused on the tree branch eventually triggered it though.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

why does the roadmap not mention the missable bird in chapter one more specific, so easy to miss and have to redo 2 chapters pointlessly

I read its in chapter 4 so i figured worry about the others ones first but then to find out its in chapter friggin 1 !!! sorry but its badly written in the guide i would correct that if you ask me

it only took 15 minutes to replay it though tnx to chapter select so it no biggie in the end

Edited by raidenhardcore

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
For some reason the Wishing Well one has glitched on me One Xbox One. First time it's ever done that. Even shows that I have it in the game hub. But no notification and no points for it. Pretty annoying.

Edit:I did eventually get the points.

How did you get it to pop. Having similar issues with Windpipe.

• 2 years later...

This is utter BULLSHIT!!! Whoever started the idea that there are no missable achievements, because of "chapter select"... should be taken out and shot!

The concept of missable achievements on this site, sound more like a a reference to an unobtainable achievement.

If you are playing a game, and there are two paths to take... a "fork in the road", if you will... and taking the left path will eventually reach the end of the level, but the right path will do the same thing - except there is a collectible that unlocks an achievement, but you took the path to the left... THAT is a missable achievement! THIS is what people want to know. Are there achievements that you can miss while playing the game, as opposed to ones that unlock automatically as you progress?!

I don't care if you have to replay the entire game to pick up one achievement, or if you can play a single chapter to get it... if you missed it because you didn't do what was needed to get it... THAT IS A MISSABLE ACHIEVEMENT!!!!!

Take a look at the Xbox One guide for this game. IT was done correctly!!

The powers that be on this site, need to reeducate the people who do guides here, and if there's a template that explains the roadmap... IT needs to be corrected! Also... someone needs to take the time to update the guides that have missable achievements listed incorrectly.

This is utter BULLSHIT!!! Whoever started the idea that there are no missable achievements, because of "chapter select"... should be taken out and shot!

The concept of missable achievements on this site, sound more like a a reference to an unobtainable achievement.

If you are playing a game, and there are two paths to take... a "fork in the road", if you will... and taking the left path will eventually reach the end of the level, but the right path will do the same thing - except there is a collectible that unlocks an achievement, but you took the path to the left... THAT is a missable achievement! THIS is what people want to know. Are there achievements that you can miss while playing the game, as opposed to ones that unlock automatically as you progress?!

I don't care if you have to replay the entire game to pick up one achievement, or if you can play a single chapter to get it... if you missed it because you didn't do what was needed to get it... THAT IS A MISSABLE ACHIEVEMENT!!!!!

Take a look at the Xbox One guide for this game. IT was done correctly!!

The powers that be on this site, need to reeducate the people who do guides here, and if there's a template that explains the roadmap... IT needs to be corrected! Also... someone needs to take the time to update the guides that have missable achievements listed incorrectly.

I'm sorry you're so upset that you need to replay a chapter in order to get an achievement you missed, but you are incorrect about missable achievements, it terms of the accept definition. The accepted definition and standard for a missable achievement, for the past decade or so, has always been boiled down to one thing: must you start an entirely new playthrough to get it if you missed it? If so, it's missable, otherwise, it's not. This is how this site, TA, PST, etc, all classify missables.

To say our definition of missable on this site is closer to unobtainable is just blatantly false. Unobtainable literally means that no matter what you do you can't unlock the achievement, either because of a bug/glitch or shutdown servers or something like that.

As for your fork in the road example and having to replay a single chapter, to put it bluntly, you're wrong, those are not missable achievements as any site or guide will classify them. I know you're upset you didn't unlock that achievement naturally (as part of the story progression) while playing, but that's not how any site I've seen defines a missable achievement. I know you will almost assuredly continue to disagree with it even after I post this, but it is actually a much more convenient definition for a couple reasons.

1. You don't need to worry about researching achievements ahead of time that aren't classified as missable, since you can replay chapters and whatnot to go back and get them, meaning much less work and planning ahead of time so you can enjoy the game.
  2. More importantly, a lot of people use that definition to avoid spoilers and be able to play a game without having to use a guide. A prime example is a big game like, say, Assassin's Creed Odyssey. A big game with an open world and an enjoyable story is often the type of game that people want to be able to jump into and play without having to follow a guide every step of the way. With the accepted definition of missable achievements, you can quickly check the roadmap, see that there is one potentially missable achievement, make sure you don't miss it, and then enjoy the game as you see fit. When you're done with the story and anything you want to do, you can then mop up whatever achievements you missed without having to start a whole new save file again.

I know I use this latter method very often when I'm playing a game I really like or want to play for fun. I just check if there are any missables, and if not, I play through at my own pace. Only when I'm done do I replay chapters or levels to get whatever achievements I missed. I'm willing to bet there are a ton of gamers out there that use this method for completing games, and that's why the way we've defined missables works so well.

Edited by Necrophage33