The Sorted Achievement Guide for Half-Life 2

Link2430

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/308/UPpMrj4=.jpgOSHA Violation

5http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpgKill 3 enemies using the crane.

In the chapter, Highway 17, you will come to a magnetic crane in which you need to pick up the buggy and place it on the higher level. When you get into the crane, 3 guys will come out from the building and start shooting you. Just pick up a huge container, and start swinging it at them. You can also drop it on them to kill them as well.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/308/UPhtp4s=.jpgTargetted Advertising

5 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpgPin a soldier to the billboard in chapter Highway 17.

Just before you cross the bridge to that farm with many foes, there is a big car pile up. If you look next to it, there is a hill with a tree on it. Get up the hill and there should be a corpse with the crossbow. The player should still be able to stick that guy from the hill provided they aim slightly above the target.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/BA/ZT/0YCLiGJhbC83CxsFG1lTWTBGL2FjaC8wLzFDAAAAAOfn5-58Bhg=.jpgWhere Cubbage Fears to Tread

5 http://live.xbox.com/xweb/lib/images/G_Icon_External.gif Defend Little Odessa from the gunship attack.

Story related so you can't miss it.

you messed this one up.

"where cubbage fears to Tread" should be before these two....

• 4 weeks later...

for the achievement that you have to keep off the sand in the antlions chapter, if they don't spawn does that mean that i didnt touch the sand? because i didnt get the achiev. i kept on saving when i completed a little part of the level and reloaded that save when i touch the sand....was that alright? or you really have to restart from the auto save?

• 2 weeks later...
Props for sorting the guide out! Anyways, how can I easily get the Conservationist achievement? I try but its very hard. MAybe i might be doing it wrong.
i got it by accident i just shot off an energy ball and it kept hitting combine so it said achievement un-:locked

• 1 month later...

I dont know if this has been posted at all yet and it would probably tell me in-game....but.... I'll ask anyway.

Can you use the codes and still get the achievements?

(I know most of the portal codes cannot be used for obvious reasons)... but I thought I read somewhere that all the codes like infinite health and ammo can be used in hl2 and you can still get the achievements. can anyone confirm this?

I dont know if this has been posted at all yet and it would probably tell me in-game....but.... I'll ask anyway.

Can you use the codes and still get the achievements?

(I know most of the portal codes cannot be used for obvious reasons)... but I thought I read somewhere that all the codes like infinite health and ammo can be used in hl2 and you can still get the achievements. can anyone confirm this?

Yeah they work, they wont disable achievements in half life 2, check this thread:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68577

• 3 weeks later...

Just as a heads up, didn't see it posted elsewhere and I read the whole thread, you can get 'Conservationist' in the early chapter of Episode 1. I skipped HL2 when I got Orange Box because I played it on the Xbox when it first came out. I managed to get Conservationist as I was escaping the Citadel at the start.

At leat I think thats what I was doing. It's been a while. Just doing HL2 now, then omward to Ep1 and 2...

thanks! still having trouble gettin through ravenholm with the grav gun. getting stuck on the same rooftop in such a way that i literally can't move because those berserker zombies are everywhere and i don't have any thing to throw at them. they corner me next to a lift in a room at a rooftop. save my xbox microsoft so i can play half-life!

Hey guys,I have a question.....is the Counter-Sniper achievement unlocked when you kill the snipers that are keeping barney holed up in the broken down warehouse?Because if so,I never got "Counter-Sniper"....(and I finished HL2 the other night)

i got it after saving barney on the rooftop, but i remember killing two snipers in an earlier level... i distinctly remember there is a sniper when youre going along a train track, and he is sitting in a closed walkway above the tracks... so do these two early snipers count too?

ARGH! i missed the keep off the sand achiev! i spawned antlions at the VERY beginning just after the two guys are eaten... but i got over the whole beach without any spawning... so it seems you have to complete the WHOLE section without spawning... the achiev description only states the "beach" so i thought i could still get it even after spawning once early on...

i got it after saving barney on the rooftop, but i remember killing two snipers in an earlier level... i distinctly remember there is a sniper when youre going along a train track, and he is sitting in a closed walkway above the tracks... so do these two early snipers count too?

No, only the five on "Follow Freeman!" count.

I just got the Conservationist achievement on the level "Dark Energy". I waited until Breen was in his bubble, then ran up to where there are three columns of energy balls. When you approach the first one, three enemies come out. If you suck the three balls out of it and proceed to the second one, another three enemies come out (six in total). It's then just a case of grabbing an energy ball from the column, heading back to where they are, waiting until they are reasonably lined up and firing.

Might take a few tries but that's what worked for me.

ok, thanks for clearing that sniper bit up...

what the.....??? i tried for the "off the sand" achiev again, and i KNOW i didnt spawn any antlions anywhere on that sand level... questions:

- do you need to take a specific route through the beach/sand? (i went through the gap with two large blue plates stocked up against it instead of going to the house and over the big stretch of sandy beach)

- can you touch the sand without spawning antlions (and thus inadverdantly screw up the achiev without knowing it until it DOESNT unlock as you drop down to the big antlion?)

• 2 weeks later...
can some one help me with the think fast achievement, which combine is the elite they all look the same to me lol
the white ones that carry only assault rifles. they appear fairly late in the game but they're the ones that actually use the energy ball thing on their guns. they're pretty easy to spot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Link, thanks for doing this for everyone. It was a great help. I would like to help make it even better though by clearing up the order a little and providing a little more guidance on how to achieve some of the HL2 specific ones (Just finished it).

1. Hack Attack is not achievable until you are in Nova Prospekt (as there are no Manhacks between getting the Grav Gun and the later parts of NP).

2. Conservationist is very tough until you get to the Citadel with the Blue Grav Gun, and you will find parts where there are 8 or so goons running at you at once and the energy balls are easy to come by.

3. Lambda Locator is completed a long time before the end of the game. I know most people will follow the guide, but for those who don't and miss one and get to the end of the game with 44 because it was supposed to be the last achievement, this is a kick in the teeth. It should sit between "Radiation Levels Detected" and Fight the Power, I believe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...