Meta-Games: Tips, Discussion and Help Thread

The Pants Party

I've tried a couple of different combinations and the "best" combination that I have so far is this:

Legendary for a 4x bonus

Catch for a 1.5x bonus

Fog for a 1.5x bonus

Thunderstorm for a 1.5x bonus

Mythic for a 1.5x bonus

Cowbell for larger explosions

and Grunt Birthday Party to make easy work of the Grunts.

In total this increases your point scores to 10x for everthing that you kill.

It sounds crazy but bear with me for a minute. Legendary is tough, ok, we all get that. Realistically, you are plasma comboing most of the big guys anyway. With that in mind--Thunderstorm and Mythic don't really make the game all that much harder. A plasma combo drops a Field Promoted Brute with 200% health just as easily as it drops a lowly grunt on Easy.

Catch send more grenades downstream, but whether they toss 1 or 2 at this difficulty is almost irrelevant. You are going to take damage on this difficulty and you will probably die quite a bit. The grunts will make it rain grenades. Drop them quickly with the GBP skull turned on and know when to get the heck outta Dodge.

Fog disables your radar. I for one use my radar in multiplayer but very rarely in campaign. On Legendary your "run and gun--whoops is that someone behind me" gameplay simply isn't going to work anyway so having a radar isn't going to help you as much as you think. You are going to be painfully aware of all enemies with your radar turned on or not.

Although Cowbell and GBP don't help your multiplier, they seem to tone down the difficulty. So, overall, with the previous list of skulls, the game will be challenging but doable and you along with one or two others in your party should be able to easily hit the Meta-game point requirements if they manage to keep their deaths down.

I've tried playing with some of the other skulls turned on and man, it's tough. Restarting from the beginning of the level, and never having enough ammo can really make it hard to do. The skulls I listed make it more challenging if you don't plasma combo but, realistically, you'll spend a lot of time searching for ammo at this difficulty if you don't. Seriously though, if you are playing solo, you don't even need half of these skulls turned on. Once you start fighting for points in co-op however, every point counts. ;)

Thanks for that :) am going to be running though legendary tomorrow with a mate, so will just set this up :) also where may I locate the Cowbell skull? :)

Edit:

Just found out where the Cowbell one is found and that does not seem easy to reach at all O_o seems like the hardest atm :p

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've been reading, it seems like most people trying to get these achievements are confused with the point requirements for each of the levels. All of the achievements are 15,000 points except for the 6th and 7th levels which are 50,000 points. The 6th level being The Ark (alot of people are complaining about not getting the achievement while breaking 20,000 points.) and the 7th level being The Covenant.

So to break it down:

For the Guerilla Achievement on Sierra 117, the first mission you need 15,000 points.

For the Demon Achievement on Crow's Nest, the second level you need 15,000 points.

For the Cavalier Achievement on Tsavo Highway, the third mission you need 15,000 points.

For the Askar Achievement on Storm, the fourth mission you need 15,000 points.

For the Exterminator Achievement on Floodgate, the fifth mission you need 15,000 points.

For the Ranger Achievement (the one everyone complains about) on The Ark, the sixth mission you need 50,000 points.

For the Vanguard Achievement on The Covenant, the seventh mission you need 50,000 points.

For the Orpheus Achievement on Cortana, the eigth mission you need 15,000 points.

For Reclaimer on Halo, the nineth mission you need 15,000 points.

So basically all of the levels are 15,000 with the exception of The Ark and The Covenant. It seems like everyone breaks 15,000 on The Ark and wonders why they didn't get the achievement. Well, to answer your question, ;) you need 50,000 points on this level. It's a huge level, tons of vehicles, if you play it solo you should more than break 50k. I think I played this on Normal and broke 60k with a handful of skulls on.

It has nothing to do with difficulty,it doesn't have to be done on Heroic or higher (it helps but not required) it has to do with the point thresholds. Theoretically you could play on Easy with all the skulls turned on (All the skulls total up to a 16.5x multiplier). Just keep in mind that Easy only gives you 0.25x for each kill as opposed to 1.0 for normal, 2.0 for Heroic, 4.0 for Legendary etc. So, overall with all skulls turned on and playing on Easy you should hit a 16.75x multiplier (if I understand it correctly). Again, it is not contingient on difficulty setting. Granted with all the skulls turned on, you are in for a challenge. But it's on Easy right? :-/ Piece of cake right? }:>

Hope this helps. :>

Raven

is it easy to get the points for the 1st level? if u complete the mega on legendary will u get the complete game on legendary achievement?

Eh? If you do the game on legendary you will get the legendary achievement plus the heroic and normal one. And the points are easy for all levels. Normal + 4-5 skulls that really don't effect you much will net you 20,000+ every level and 50,000+ with the two levels that have tons of vehicles.

With skulls turned on, I can't finish even the first battle in the first level on Heroic, and I tried Normal, I did well until the dam area, I died so many times there was no use to keep going. These meta-game scorings are very hard to accomplish.

I just did 3 player co-op with my friends, on the first 50,000 points mission. Needless to say, both of them scored over 50,000 and i scored 44,000, this was on legendary with some skulls on. Funny thing is we should have been playing free for all so we could actually see who needed the points so we could "share" it out. Since you can pretty much work out with the multipliers how much you will get at the end.

Anyway, it was a very tough mission and i honestly doubt they are going to be willing to do it again. So question is:

If i do it on heroic, how many (if any) skulls would i need in order to get the 50,000? On my first play through i completed the game on heroic.. wish i had scoring on so i could see roughly what skulls i would have to have on in order to get 50,000.

i hope this helps, my buddy has gotten all 9 meta game achievements. here is his advice copied directly from his message to me

Meta Game: First 7 levels- Normal Difficulty,Catch,Fog,Mythic. Level 8- Easy,Catch,Fog,Mythic,Tough Luck,Thunderstorm. Level 9- Normal,same skulls as 8 plus Black Eye. The Flood give low points. You need the overall time multiplier to be a 2.5 or 3.

he also said the flood levels were a little tough because they dont deal out as many points.

good luck to everyone, hope this helps

I got 30,000 meta points and i played on legenday and got the 4x and added the mythic skull and the tough luck skull and i didn't get the achievement it was a four player co-op game online and i was the party leader what happened does any one know why i didn't get it??? :uzi: