4 achievements in 1 game (*my tips*)

Ok, i have all the achievemetns accept the rob homerun one. I didnt do them all in one game, but here is how you can do them all in one game.

first go to management and roster. Then make all the batters and your starting pitcher's ratings all the way up. Make all the batters 100% everything. Ok next you pick your teams. It doesnt matter what team you go against, becuase the next step is to put a pitcher at every postion on their team accept at catcher. Look for the player on the team with the worst throwing arm and accuracy. And put him at catcher. And put their worst starting pitcher as the starter.

Ok, now it will be easy to get 15 strikeouts becuase your facing pitchers each time.

It will be a little easier to get 5 steals becuase the catcher has a bad arm. (this still isnt too easy)

And since all your batters are amazing now, just swing for homeruns each time, and you will get your 3 homeruns with one guy and you will get 20 runs. Easily. I got 3 homeruns with like 3 guys. and one guy had 4.

I got 17 K's against the TB Devil rays without doing this pitiful option...LOL! I am sorry but 15 K's should not earned, not handed to you.

As for the 20 runs, man this one will be tough.

Also, with exception to fielding, why would pitchers have terrible arms? They have better arms than most outfielder so I would think putting them in the OF would be a plus.

first go to management and roster. Then make all the batters and your starting pitcher's ratings all the way up. Make all the batters 100% everything.

When I make these changes (adjust the sliders) it changes the game setting from PRO to CUSTOM. Will this affect the achievements that call for completion on PRO setting?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Ok, i have all the achievemetns accept the rob homerun one. I didnt do them all in one game, but here is how you can do them all in one game.

first go to management and roster. Then make all the batters and your starting pitcher's ratings all the way up. Make all the batters 100% everything. Ok next you pick your teams. It doesnt matter what team you go against, becuase the next step is to put a pitcher at every postion on their team accept at catcher. Look for the player on the team with the worst throwing arm and accuracy. And put him at catcher. And put their worst starting pitcher as the starter.

Ok, now it will be easy to get 15 strikeouts becuase your facing pitchers each time.

It will be a little easier to get 5 steals becuase the catcher has a bad arm. (this still isnt too easy)

And since all your batters are amazing now, just swing for homeruns each time, and you will get your 3 homeruns with one guy and you will get 20 runs. Easily. I got 3 homeruns with like 3 guys. and one guy had 4.

Thanks for the hints. I think am going to try them. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't care about date of post.I just got the game and am looking at the post now.I feel I can put my input in now since I am just now playing the game.If this game weren't a sports game people would still be plaing it (halo 2).the only difference is this game comes out every year.me responding to this post is better than starting a new thread.just so the date will be new.explain to me why I can't respond to any post please!

• 4 weeks later...

Yea, I just got the game in the mail from Gamefly about an hour ago, and after spending about 20 minutes to get all the rosters set up, I easily got the 4 achievements in 6 innings of my first game. Now, I'm playing against the Cooperstown Legends at PNC park going for the robbery. So, shouldn't take too much longer, and that's 1000 achievement points in 2 hours ;)

• 2 months later...

Thanks chknwang321. Those tips helped out a great deal. I would suggest using the Yankees (Even though i hate them) and pitch with Randy Johnson. Go into Management --> Roster and Edit Player and give Randy a Knuckleball. No player can hit that pitch. I got 23 strikeouts the first time I tried this achievement. Got all 5 in about 2.5 hours.

Another tip for the "Robbery" Achievement. Use the Twins and play your outfield deep (remember to change after every batter). Change the opposing hitters batting stats to max in the Management --> Roster settings. When you are trying to rob a homerun use the RS button (Right Joystick) and just press it up when it says RS on the screen. If you do it correctly he should rob the HR everytime. Make sure the difficulty settings are on Pro and not Custom.