I don't like this game. It's terrible.

EisenFaustZeta

I totally do not like Quantum Theory. The game is terrible. Get killed easily. No life bars. No telling when you're dying. Cannot recover from damage. Controls are sluggish. Syd cannot move. Syd cannot aim. Everything.

Therefore, I made a finalized decision to call it quits without a dispute. Games like that when you die too easily from enemy attacks due to no life bar and no recovery is not good. Vanquish is among one of them. Seriously, who wants to play 3rd person shooters when you do not have a life bar, do not have a damage status, do not recover from anything.

All that answer equals "a time bomb inside the player character which will kill the character overtime before the completion of the game." Somebody explain why this game has no life bars? It's not fair. I'm just confused because these games I know had them where the screen turns red for no reason:

Medal of Honor: European Assault

Medal of Honor: Vanguard

Metro 2033

Quantum Theory

Vanquish

The game maybe rough and about as hard of a game as I have played but I find it addicting. I've been at it quite awhile and I haven't got any more than 305 GS in the campaign but I am still pushing. It may be a GOW copy, but I like it and I would definitely rather play a copy of GOW than an original Turning Point any day.

To each his own though.

thanks for the heads up I'll probably gamefly instead of buying new unless I can get a cheap used copy all heil gamestop

This game is so bad that the "Clear Your Mind" achievement is not unlockable due to the Progenitor's cheating. All attacks are 100% accurate. No misses which is not fair.

This game is so bad that the "Clear Your Mind" achievement is not unlockable due to the Progenitor's cheating. All attacks are 100% accurate. No misses which is not fair.

If clear your mind isn't unlockable, how do you have it? Knock it off man.

• 2 weeks later...

i rented this game... having no life bar is just fine to me but im quite used to knowing how close you are to death based on the red around the screen cause i love gears of war. and you do recover over time... and as for the sluggish comment... i disagree... its not a run and gun thats for sure. stay behind cover. reload on your own. youll get through just fine.

i enjoy this game. but im not gonna bother getting most the achievements. and sat when the 5 days is up i wont be rerenting again.

but if you beat gears and got to rank 100 already, perhaps this game is a pleasant and familiar way to spend some time waiting for gears 3 to be released :)

oh and i can appreciate the story too... its interesting. even when i get to difficult and discouraging spots, im encouraged to keep going just to find out what happens next

• 1 month later...
I totally do not like Quantum Theory. The game is terrible. Get killed easily. No life bars. No telling when you're dying. Cannot recover from damage. Controls are sluggish. Syd cannot move. Syd cannot aim. Everything.

Therefore, I made a finalized decision to call it quits without a dispute. Games like that when you die too easily from enemy attacks due to no life bar and no recovery is not good. Vanquish is among one of them. Seriously, who wants to play 3rd person shooters when you do not have a life bar, do not have a damage status, do not recover from anything.

All that answer equals "a time bomb inside the player character which will kill the character overtime before the completion of the game." Somebody explain why this game has no life bars? It's not fair. I'm just confused because these games I know had them where the screen turns red for no reason:

Metro 2033

Quantum Theory

Vanquish

what the fuck are you talking about vanquish and the health bar?! did you not understand the fact that when you jump into slo-mo time and your screen is red then you get the HELL into cover?

• 11 months later...

Metro 2033

Quantum Theory

Vanquish

I hate it too!

• 12 years later...
On 10/22/2010 at 2:24 AM, EisenFaustZeta said:

No life bars. No telling when you're dying. Cannot recover from damage.

due to no life bar and no recovery is not good. Seriously, who wants to play 3rd person shooters when you do not have a life bar, do not have a damage status, do not recover from anything.

Somebody explain why this game has no life bars? It's not fair. I'm just confused because these games I know had them where the screen turns red for no reason:

I know this is an old post but i couldn't help but get puzzled by your message. Yes the game is bad ... its sluggish, aiming is not great, the character move akwardly, covers often do not hide you fully or there is not enough of them compare to ennemies from every directions. In short yes its not a very good game. But the health system is very simple and works? Its like Gears or about 90% of shooters (if not more). When you get damage the screen turn red, you hide for a bit and recover your health. I get that you made your post in 2010 but even by then "health bar" was not really a common thing anymore. Very few games still used med packs and actual bars.