Confirmation of repair to glitched achievements

xfrearsx

It seems that the updates in this game have done nothing but good as i now only have the extra missions to complete for the 1000GS. I have read over numerous posts that people are having various problems with different achievements on this game. I started playing a few days ago and have so far had no problems gaining any of the aforementioned achievements. "DEMOLITION", me and my cousin took turns in standing still while the other (not missing), threw 5 sticks of dinamite at his feet - Online only. "RELIGIOUS MAN", I literally ran around with the bible in hand reading it to myself mainly, LOL. Although i did manage to mesmerise one or two enimies and kill them. "HATMAN", I killed all but the sixth man by shooting the hat off of his head and still gained the achievement so as long as the hat flies off their heads killing matters none. "UNTOUCHABLE", (I feel a bit silly now as on my first play through i didn,t see the horse by the tent. How i missed it i don't know. The level took forever), but while hunting the rabbits i slipped down the mountains and injured myself two - three times, but it seems the achievement only counts the bit on the mountain where you can be attacked by the snakes or the eagle. Kill all the snakes with your whip and try as best to dodge the eagle (as you cannot kill it). If you do take damage jump off the edge and retry from the last checkpoint. "BOW EXPERT", there are only 11 enimies to kill on this level so you must be very accurate and as the guide states you must shoot them in the face. Also DO - NOT!, knock off the water tower until you have killed everyone as if you do the two people around the far side of the mansion (on the ground will not spawn, only giving you nine people to kill). "BOXER", After numerous attempts trying to kick i finally gave up and started trying the punch combo's. It seems that the achievement will only unlock when you have hit all three guys, (any which way) with 5 uninterupted 3 hit combo's, you can take damage in between combo's but not actualy whilst you are going for the 3 hits in a row. (For example you punch LT, RT, LT and then you can take damage). I either used this one or the RT, LT, RT and got on my second attempt. "WESTMAN", Also no problems here, as soon as i hit 24 hours played on total time (all offline), the achievement popped. Also in one level i stood still for like 3 hours, came back hit the checkpoint without dying so the game saves and when i completed the level it had taken me 3 hours 55 minutes. So you can stand around raking up minutes but you have to checkpoint out without dying. "BOUNTY HUNTER", for all the posters you manage to miss you can (with the sites guide), jump in and out of levels collecting them as they save as soon as you get them "GUN COLLECTOR", Again following the very useful guide on this site went through the game on NOT "VERY HARD MODE", LOL, but somehow managed to miss 2 of the weapons. So i went back into the levels which the guns were in and collected them, got to a checkpoint and quit the level and the achievement popped with no problems.

Well i've only just started the game, and like Covertdog said had no problems at all whilst following the guide. But i have read posts young and old from people who are having achievement problems. Be they with the newly repaired achievements or just general issues. So just thought i'd share with you guys how i tackled the problems that surfaced for me on various acheevys. P.s Locations guides and the game guide on this site were spot on and much apprecated. saved me loads of time as usual. Keep up the good work guys.

Also the reason i made the first post was because although its common knowledge that the glitched achievements have been repaired, i have read that, like the "BOXER" and "WESTMAN" achievements are not working how they did before the update and when the guide was origonaly made. Hope i help somebody!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
i heard that gun collector and religious man were glitched but you say u got them did you get a patch or something i ask because i dont have xbox live and i wanna get the single player achievements

Bummer because without the update you will not be able to get the (previously) glitched achievements.

But I would still collect every special weapon and do the bible readings because the game will store the information. So when you do get the patch installed, the achievements will pop, no need to play the game through again!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

For level 9's Untouchable, I evidently can't restart from the last checkpoint. Every time I got hit by anything or took fall damage I jumped to my death to restart from a checkpoint. Was 2 hours being super careful and at the end, it didn't unlock!!!

Crap! This level was incredibly boring, I don't want to have to replay it any more...