Achievement Guide and Road Map

ViperxSniper

for independence day i do the right scheduale and everything win everygame the championship comes along ang i cannot play in it it says its a bye week done this about 3 times idk what im doin wrong?

Did you not read my response to your post in the "Independence Day" thread? Is there really a need to post the same question in three threads? Read it there, it's pointless to post it here again.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not trying to be a dick, but you really need to go back through your guide and correct a bunch of mistakes. For "In Your Crosshairs", you can't (or shouldn't) write "hope". You need a clear method for getting this achievement.

In other words, you need to make your guide idiot proof (not that anyone is an idiot, just how someone explained it to me when I wrote my first guide). That way, everyone can read it and get the achievement they are going for. Most of the mistakes are simple and obvious, so it shouldn't take very long to correct them.

:)

I'm not trying to be a dick, but you really need to go back through your guide and correct a bunch of mistakes. For "In Your Crosshairs", you can't (or shouldn't) write "hope". You need a clear method for getting this achievement.

In other words, you need to make your guide idiot proof (not that anyone is an idiot, just how someone explained it to me when I wrote my first guide). That way, everyone can read it and get the achievement they are going for. Most of the mistakes are simple and obvious, so it shouldn't take very long to correct them.

:)

Thank you. I was thinking of writing my own guide (or pasting the one that I've written in Word with my solutions instead of the one posted here). I think I might just do that...

For my guides, I put so much detail in them, they are indeed idiot-proof. I put unnecessary information in them just to explain something, and people are grateful for that.

There's two guides on PST3.org, who says we can't have two guides here? At least I would take suggestions and update it past a week of posting it...

Not for nothing, it's a good guide. ViperxSniper. It can be soooo much better, though. Guides are written by one person, but it's the community that makes it a great guide. No one person has that much knowledge of a particular game to make a guide and not take suggestions and solutions from other people. It's arrogant to think that. You have updated a few things here and there, but there are many solutions out there that are better than what's posted in the guide. And a guide is supposed to be written with getting the achievements as easy as possible, and your guide simply doesn't do that on some. Sorry, but it's the truth.

I know this is your first retail guide, and judging by your gamerscore, you've read more than one guide on this site. At least read the other NCAA and Madden guides to see what kind of information the writers put in there. That's all we ask.

Again, it's a good guide, but no where near complete. Not trying to be a dick here, just being honest and (trying to be) helpful.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

Updated the guide with the suggestions that have been made. Thanks everyone for your comments/suggestions.

And My Two Cents, it's been established that you can't get the achievement by joining someone else's league. You have to create one for yourself.

Leaders of Legend, you can't move a team into the conference and get the achievement. You have to use a team already in that conference. Same for Head of the PAC and Independence Day. And speaking of Independence Day, you don't have to play any games except the BCS game. You can just sim the season, provided you've adjusted the QB, HB and top two WR's to 99's. Then you will definitely win if you use the schedule that you say to use. With their stats at normal, you would have to play every single game and struggle to win, and some people want to get the achievements as quick as possible, hence adjusting the stats and simming. And you might want to reiterate that you can't supersim or sim the Championship games for these achievements (with the achievement descriptions saying Play and Win).

The ways that I have listed them are the exact ways that I unlocked them. You can move the teams around for the Leaders of Legend and Head of the PAC (unless they have released a patch that changed this). As for the Independence Day achievement, yes you could max out the stats and sim it. However I would think that it would take longer to do and if you even lose one game in the season with BYU, you will more then likely not go to the NC unless you make sure that the other teams lose enough games to not make it. The way I listed probably would take just about the same time, maybe a little more but is a guarenteed way of getting the achievement.

I just don't understand why people can't read the achievement descriptions correctly. When it says "Play and win", as it does for Independence Day, Head of the PAC, Leaders of Legend and High School Champ, what does that mean? It means that you have to PLAY and WIN the game. Not SIM. Not SUPERSIM. Play the damn game from start to finish.

It would be helpful if that information was put in the guide, but as the guide isn't being updated anymore, I guess people will have to search the forums for that information...

I actually did have that mention under the notes I had under the road map. I just changed it to put them in bold letters to stress that point out.

For "MY TWO CENTS" when I go to access Online Dynasty it states that my profile is not granted permission. No explanation as to what that means, I've put in my Online pass and played some games online, (I really suck by the way) so I'm confused on how to proceed.

Another question, for the custom conferences, it says I can do it after a dynasty is created but I can't find the tab or menu to change conferences around. I did I before I created the dynasty, so I would like to know where to go.

Thanks.

For "MY TWO CENTS" when I go to access Online Dynasty it states that my profile is not granted permission. No explanation as to what that means, I've put in my Online pass and played some games online, (I really suck by the way) so I'm confused on how to proceed.

Another question, for the custom conferences, it says I can do it after a dynasty is created but I can't find the tab or menu to change conferences around. I did I before I created the dynasty, so I would like to know where to go.

Thanks.

Did you activate the online pass under the profile you are using? If you activated on a different profile, you will not be able to use it on different profile even if its on the same system.

For the custom conferences, when you first start a new dynasty, you have there is some options that you have before actually starting the dynasty, custom conferences is at the bottom of this list.

Did you activate the online pass under the profile you are using? If you activated on a different profile, you will not be able to use it on different profile even if its on the same system.

For the custom conferences, when you first start a new dynasty, you have there is some options that you have before actually starting the dynasty, custom conferences is at the bottom of this list.

Yes, I am a Gold Member with only the one account.

I done it twice now with moving teams into a conference before starting a Dynasty. Nothing popped. But you description says after you've created created it, so I'm confused. Where is even the option to edit the name?

Final question: I'm new to College Football period, so I may sound stupid in hindsight, but is the Independent a conference? I moved teams into there, for some reason...

Yes, I am a Gold Member with only the one account.

I done it twice now with moving teams into a conference before starting a Dynasty. Nothing popped. But you description says after you've created created it, so I'm confused. Where is even the option to edit the name?

Final question: I'm new to College Football period, so I may sound stupid in hindsight, but is the Independent a conference? I moved teams into there, for some reason...

Not sure what is going on with the Online Dynasty tab. My best advice would be to contact EA about the problem

As for the conferences, I meant it to say to do it before actually starting your dynasty. I fixed the guide to clarify that. As for editing the team name, you have to press a button to edit them at the conference screen (it specifies which one at the bottom of the screen). I don't think the Independent count as a conference so probably try doing it with a different conference (SEC, PAC-12, Big 10, etc..)

Not sure what is going on with the Online Dynasty tab. My best advice would be to contact EA about the problem

As for the conferences, I meant it to say to do it before actually starting your dynasty. I fixed the guide to clarify that. As for editing the team name, you have to press a button to edit them at the conference screen (it specifies which one at the bottom of the screen). I don't think the Independent count as a conference so probably try doing it with a different conference (SEC, PAC-12, Big 10, etc..)

That was probably the problem, the damn Independent Conference. I'll try another conference tonight, thanks for your patience and help.

I feel like this game has the fewest achievements than any of the other NCAA football games i have played, but will be harder.:confused:

Wasn't harder, nor was it more time consuming. A tiny bit harder than last year, but still not hard.

I unlocked all of NCAA 11 achievements last year from July 14th - 20th. I unlocked all of NCAA 12 achievements on the same dates, just a year later.

For the Let's Do It Again achievement use one of these schools:

Air Force, Arkansas State, Cincinnati, Colorado State, Houston(Recommended), Idaho, Iowa State, Kent State, Kentucky, Louisville, Marshall, Memphis, Mississippi State, North Texas, SDSU, SJSU, Toledo, Wake Forest, Washington, Western Kentucky.

All of these schools have 1yr HC Contracts.

The reason for the recommendation is because your can more than likely sim the season and get rehired because of the offensive firepower in an underpowered conference. I simmed it and went 14-0, ranked #6 in the BCS, won the liberty bowl, and my QB got the heisman because its such a pass oriented offense.

Edited by Vipermaster

I am struggling with the RTG achievement where you have to score an offensive and defensive touchdown in one game.

Make the quarters longer, set up a coverage CB with a secondary speed HB. If you still have issues, sim the quarters till you get a defensive score and just make sure you get an offensive one.

If ANYONE is having trouble with the Online Dynasty, I can confirm that you have to make your privacy settings to open. You can't have it blocked. I can't remember which setting to keep open, I just opened all of them.

I hope this helps anyone that is having trouble with Online Dynasty permission. Maybe it was just me.

There's your problem. "a little simming". You can't supersim or sim AT ALL in the championship game. That is why the achievement description says, "Play and win".

You can sim the season, not the championship game...

"And you might want to reiterate that you can't supersim or sim the Championship games for these achievements (with the achievement descriptions saying Play and Win)."

That's not entirely true. I managed to get those achievements while supersimming them.

You definitely can't, however, simulate from the menu screen.

Is Best In Class glitched? I know I became a 5-star prospect well before I started the playoffs, but I haven't unlocked the achievement. I figured it might unlock after signing with a college, but no luck there.

Yeah, it may be. It didn't unlock for me the first time. However, when I went the Ironman route it unlocked for me when I got my Ironman achievement for being 5 star on offense and defense.

For the Let's Do It Again achievement use one of these schools:

Air Force, Arkansas State, Cincinnati, Colorado State, Houston(Recommended), Idaho, Iowa State, Kent State, Kentucky, Louisville, Marshall, Memphis, Mississippi State, North Texas, SDSU, SJSU, Toledo, Wake Forest, Washington, Western Kentucky.

All of these schools have 1yr HC Contracts.

The reason for the recommendation is because your can more than likely sim the season and get rehired because of the offensive firepower in an underpowered conference. I simmed it and went 14-0, ranked #6 in the BCS, won the liberty bowl, and my QB got the heisman because its such a pass oriented offense.

Thanks for the tip, I will add this strategy to the guide.

There's your problem. "a little simming". You can't supersim or sim AT ALL in the championship game. That is why the achievement description says, "Play and win".

You can sim the season, not the championship game...

That's not entirely true. I managed to get those achievements while supersimming them.

You definitely can't, however, simulate from the menu screen.

I beg to differ, but let's agree to disagree.

In the history of all NCAA Football games on the Xbox 360, you have either not been able to supersim (I think that started in 08 or 09, not sure if this is entirely true, though) or you can't supersim the Championship achievements at all. It doesn't work. You have to play them. Starting with the Dynasty Trifecta achievement in NCAA 07 (win 3 back-to-back National Championships). I have 1000 in all 6 NCAA Football games (as I see you do as well), and I have never been able to supersim a Championship game to get an achievement. I made that mistake early in my NCAA career by thinking you could, then thinking that the game was glitched. It was one of my friends who pointed out that you had to play them.

Again, I say you have to play them, you say you can supersim. I don't have the game anymore to test it, so it's up to someone in here to test it for us. I don't have time to look through all the NCAA guides to see what they say, either. I might be able to do that tomorrow.