Big money during Assassination missions

Crimson Ridley

You put the cash in AFTER the mission, right?

No. AM 2 I did it before and they rose and I made a profit. I did the same here, as instructed in this videos description and now I'm down.

Be sure to buy as many of these stocks as possible with every character before starting these assassination events

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgfxXv7GA38]Grand Theft Auto V (GTA V) - How to Get Money - YouTube[/ame]

What happens if I take my money out now (losing 200k) and then put it all straight back into it? Will it rise, thus me getting that profit?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. AM 2 I did it before and they rose and I made a profit. I did the same here, as instructed in this videos description and now I'm down.

What happens if I take my money out now (losing 200k) and then put it all straight back into it? Will it rise, thus me getting that profit?

I have no idea, but the mission causes Vapid to tank, then when they get a new CEO it rises again. That's why you should buy the stocks when they are really cheap (after it's gone down).

I have no idea, but the mission causes Vapid to tank, then when they get a new CEO it rises again. That's why you should buy the stocks when they are really cheap (after it's gone down).

Help me out here then.

The next mission is GoldCoast stock. Do I do it before the mission or after? My guessing is that stock works by predicting on what will happen to the markets. Reason being you take the risks, and put the money down before something happens to make them rise.

So, you put them on before you do the mission and the outcome of that, makes them go it. As it did for the 2nd mission, but not this one randomly. So now I don't know if to put my money in before or after I do the last assassination.

Help me out here then.

The next mission is GoldCoast stock. Do I do it before the mission or after? My guessing is that stock works by predicting on what will happen to the markets. Reason being you take the risks, and put the money down before something happens to make them rise.

So, you put them on before you do the mission and the outcome of that, makes them go it. As it did for the 2nd mission, but not this one randomly. So now I don't know if to put my money in before or after I do the last assassination.

It's all explained in the original post. On the fifth mission (The GoldCoast one), put all of your money in to it BEFORE the mission. The only mission that changes the formula is the 4th mission, which you need to put money down AFTER the mission. I always create a Quick Save before I start it, put the money down, finish the mission and then sleep for 3 or 4 days and then check the stocks. At around 82% is when they tend to peak, so sell them then. Some people have been able to go higher, but this is just my experience with it.

tested and 2nd one diddnt work for me. stock went down, up, down, up, down up just like any other stocks on the market, no rapid increase at all like i had in the first one.

i ended up selling them and loosing around 10% of my total money, and as a result never did it with any other missions incase it happens again.

:p

It's all explained in the original post. On the fifth mission (The GoldCoast one), put all of your money in to it BEFORE the mission. The only mission that changes the formula is the 4th mission, which you need to put money down AFTER the mission. I always create a Quick Save before I start it, put the money down, finish the mission and then sleep for 3 or 4 days and then check the stocks. At around 82% is when they tend to peak, so sell them then. Some people have been able to go higher, but this is just my experience with it.

Well I've got to get my money back up now so it's worth it. I was hoping to double stack the stocks for a nice gain to.

I didn't know the OP was updated because everytime I checked the thread, it only had the first 2 up, so I've just left this page of posts open.

why isn't this stickied? Of course I go to look for it and it's on the second page...behind a fucking thread of a video of some retard putting his copy of GTA in the microwave.

Because we already have like 9 Sticky's :( There's about 15 important threads right now - this being one of them - but it's mentioned in both the Guide and the Encyclopedia (which really needs to be sticky'd).

By the way, I love your GSL sig, bud.

Sadly I did the first 2 missions without realizing this method, but I left the rest until after I finished the story, then I poured all of my characters money into the necessary stocks and made a hell of a profit. Once I finished the Missions I came out with the following.

- Franklin: $109 million

- Trevor: $117 million

- Michael: $125 million

Now I'm just looking at ways to make more....I need $150 million to buy the golf course

The fourth one has given me the biggest return so far, of 146%. Made $56 Million with Michael alone!

Definitely wait until you're done the mission like detailed here, and invest right away and go to bed for ~30 hours. Then make actually save the game and reload it and boom.

It might go higher if you wait, but I wasn't going to chance it. :)

Sadly I did the first 2 missions without realizing this method, but I left the rest until after I finished the story, then I poured all of my characters money into the necessary stocks and made a hell of a profit. Once I finished the Missions I came out with the following.

- Franklin: $109 million

- Trevor: $117 million

- Michael: $125 million

Now I'm just looking at ways to make more....I need $150 million to buy the golf course

This is exactly what I plan to do. I've also accidentally done 2 assassination missions so far but thankfully I read this at the right time. Going to finish the story then spend that big cash on thr stocks. Franklin is flat out broke for me right now with about $2000 while my other 2 characters have around 200k each lol.

This is exactly what I plan to do. I've also accidentally done 2 assassination missions so far but thankfully I read this at the right time. Going to finish the story then spend that big cash on thr stocks. Franklin is flat out broke for me right now with about $2000 while my other 2 characters have around 200k each lol.

haha, the second one diddnt work for me so i diddnt bother with the others. kind of wish id given them a try though. also there is the money glitch. there dosent seem to be any easy ways to get money other then gambling the stock market..

for the people that missed a few of the missions you can still make huge money. I missed the first two and by the end of the 5th mission I had 146 million for each guy

just shy of the 150 I need for the golf course but I'm hoping some stock info comes out where I can dump that 146 million into a stock and hope it moves just a bit, should gain a ton of money with that much invested

you say "huge" but what was your actual profit

i did that and yes the stock % went up but i only made like 12k investment which unlocked the achievement

same for when i dropped the guy off at the airport and he told me to invest in Tinkle and it only went up 20% not to mention the stock shares were already expensive to begin with, which is the main issue.

if the Lifeinfader stock ever rose significantly from its negative 500%(scripted) and you were able to get a heads up on that, then the Madoff insider-trading stuff that they're trying to mimick would actually be taking place, not 10-20% on stocks that already have double/triple digit priced shares

the ones that seem like they might make sense are the car insurance since as you crash cars you'd be making money, and maybe ammu-nation, and other stuff but untill someone actually figures it all out and makes an extensive stock guide, we wont really know for sure. also when Online comes out, maybe it'll move and when Rockstar has a specific online event for a specific mode we can figure things in that mode will effect certain stock companies...idk just seems like "chump change" based on how the amoung of money the game hands out for other stuff

Edited by eiVaL

you say "huge" but what was your actual profit

i did that and yes the stock % went up but i only made like 12k investment which unlocked the achievement

same for when i dropped the guy off at the airport and he told me to invest in Tinkle and it only went up 20% not to mention the stock shares were already expensive to begin with, which is the main issue.

if the Lifeinfader stock ever rose significantly from its negative 500%(scripted) and you were able to get a heads up on that, then the Madoff insider-trading stuff that they're trying to mimick would actually be taking place, not 10-20% on stocks that already have double/triple digit priced shares

82% more than you put in is huge profit. It doesn't matter how much you put in to it, because you're going to end up with 82% more.

Obviously utilizing it when you have a lot of money is better, as you will almost double what you had. If you're only putting $12,000 in, you aren't getting the full benefit. You'd only get about $21,840 back, which is easy enough to make anyway. If you invest $2,000,000, you could get about $3,640,000 back. That extra $1,640,000 is a lot harder to make in the game.

You need to invest a lot of money in to it to reap the benefits. Completing the story will give you a lot of money, so it's perhaps best to leave these missions open until then.

Everyone says "save assassination missions till the end of game when you'll have a lot of money".

I am stuck before "Blitz Play" mission and have done all the preparation for it, but I can't start this heist (it doesn't appear on the map) and the game tells me to do assassination for Lester first.

So this means I can't actually save at least the first assassination till the end of the game?

With BAWSAQ down because of Rockstar Social Club not working, that completely stopped my playthrough.

Everyone says "save assassination missions till the end of game when you'll have a lot of money".

I am stuck before "Blitz Play" mission and have done all the preparation for it, but I can't start this heist (it doesn't appear on the map) and the game tells me to do assassination for Lester first.

So this means I can't actually save at least the first assassination till the end of the game?

With BAWSAQ down because of Rockstar Social Club not working, that completely stopped my playthrough.

You could just do the first mission and forfeit the money from the stock market. Just make sure to invest big in later missions. I forgot that you need to do the "Hotel Assassination" mission before you can start "Blitz Play". Sorry. :(

82% more than you put in is huge profit. It doesn't matter how much you put in to it, because you're going to end up with 82% more.

Obviously utilizing it when you have a lot of money is better, as you will almost double what you had. If you're only putting $12,000 in, you aren't getting the full benefit. You'd only get about $21,840 back, which is easy enough to make anyway. If you invest $2,000,000, you could get about $3,640,000 back. That extra $1,640,000 is a lot harder to make in the game.

You need to invest a lot of money in to it to reap the benefits. Completing the story will give you a lot of money, so it's perhaps best to leave these missions open until then.

damn i already did like 2 of them with Franklin.

i bet the same would go with the random events like the guy working for "Tinkle" if you just dont pick him up till you have a few million then do it.

i plan on replaying the singleplayer but hopefully by that point all the nuances of the stock market will be figured out, and we can know how to exploit it but even the bradygames guide doesnt even cover it and simply call it a "gamble" outside of few the scripted "insider trading" tips you get during the game.