Mini-kit achievement glitched

Hey, guys. I also had problem with this achievement and did what Demon596 told. I got the achievement but at the wrong time, it popped on Zilo Beast, after I got my 5th mini-kit. So yeah really glitched achievement.

Some extra information: I never left the starting place on the hub, didn't even build the elevator. The extra levels remained untouched. Game crashed once during story on Grievous route (still much better than the 6 crashing I had on my first playthrough). At one of final levels, I messed up and got 1 mini-kit during story mode, but finished it anyway instead of exiting and trying it again. This same level I had to play twice on free play because I missed two mini-kits (again, finished the level instead of trying all over again). And I always, always, played the levels until the end rather than save and exit.

Hope my story helps anyone trying to get this achievement or even figure out what causes the glitch.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I followed your guide on my second run as this glitched for me the first time. Finished every story level and freeplay of the first 18 levels except the freeplay for Legacy of Terror. It unlocked for me when I picked up my first minikit on that level so I didn't have to do the epilogue or the two Sith levels. Idk if Demon's strategy would work on the first run or it's just randomly glitched but definitely worked on my second run. Thanks dude! I HATE when companies release something that's not ready AND don't patch it

• 2 weeks later...
Hey everyone. So I have some good news and some bad news for you all. The good news is that the achievement unlocked on my second playthrough, the bad news however is that it unlocked when it shouldn't have...

So really quickly I will explain what I did on my second playthrough to get this achievement so many are having problems with in hopes that it will unlock for you.

Pre-requisistes:

- Completed game on save slot 1 (Or whichever one you used).

- Collected all gold/red bricks.

- Collected all minikits (and achievement didn't pop).

- Collected all characters.

- Had a percentage of 100% completed game.

Now these stats may not have to be had or not but it is what I had when I finished playthrough 1 on save slot 1.

Start of playthrough 2:

- Start a brand new playthrough on save slot 2.

- Enter in the cheat codes to unlock characters for the free play levels to collect minikits (A dark jedi, a bounty hunter, an astromech droid, jar jar, MagnaGuard or Robonino, a rapid firer, a protocol droid, a tiny guy, a bad guy ship and a missile ship). Also to make things easier you may enter other cheats to make the levels and freeplay levels go quicker such as invincibility and what not, it's up to you.

- Next choose a level and complete it on story mode without collecting any mini kits.

- Right after the level is complete, play the same level in freeplay mode. Since you have used the cheats to unlock all necessary characters/ships to collect minikits now is the time to do so.

*NOTE* - This may or may not be important I'm not sure but when going for the minikits that require multiple items to be destroyed or collected such as rocks and what not, try to destroy all the items in that group before moving onto another group of items i.e if you need to destroy 10 rocks and 5 trees in one level, go for the rocks first and then the trees or vice versa.

- Complete the level to the end, do not, I repeat DO NOT exit and save to complete the level. I have read multiple posts saying you can and the achievement will unlock but the extra minutes (yes minutes, the levels aren't long) will not hurt you and may be the difference in either getting the achievement or not.

*NOTE* - If you are about to finish a level and realize you have not collected all ten minikits within that level just exit WITHOUT saving and start again. Once again I cannot confirm if this is crucial or not for the achievement to unlock but are you really willing to risk it on one missed minikit? It's up to you.

- When the end level stats screen comes up it is okay to skip past the screens that have nothing to do with the minikits stats. Once the minikits stats screen appears let them count up one after the other until all ten are accounted for and your new character explodes into blue studs :D.

- Rinse and repeat until all levels are completed.

Now in my case my achievement popped when I was playing my last level The Castle of Doom during my freeplay run. After I had collected my first minikit in that level the achievement popped soon after. I still collected the remaining nine and finished the level.

So who knows when it will unlock for you but hopefully by following this mini guide you should be able to finish off this game and add another 1000/1000 lego game to your gamer card. Best of luck to all who still need this elusive bugger and hope this helps.

Thank you for your advice. I got the achievement on my third playthrough. For me, it popped during The Zillo Beast on my 7th minikit. I still had 12 more minikits to get (I did not do Castle of Doom yet). Therefore we can conclude this achievement is seriously glitched.

My friend over xbox live got this game as a code when he bought a new xbox and he didnt want the game so he gave it to me.

I fully beat Lego Indy Jones 1 and Lego Batman.

I really like these games but they give me a headache after a while trying to figure out the puzzles involved. Anyways this post will prob come in handy for me too.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

started the wonderful demons guide the other night as I assume from the positive feedback it works, I keep losing my concentration and hitting A its kind of stuck with me from my last playthrough so I'm gonna start again :/ thanks for the info though demon I hope it works for me

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just an FYI if someone stumbles on this thread or if someone is still having trouble. My first run through (using save and quit) glitched on me and I never got the achievement. I started a second run through (completing each free play to the end), but I copied my save file before I got the last 10 minikits. The achievement still glitched on me. I restored my save file (10 minikits to go) and cleared my HD's cache. replayed the last level, and the achievement popped as I collected the last minikit. It may not be an actual fix to the problem, but its worth a try if anyone is having a problem.

That sounds like a great idea, gonna backup my save when I only have 10 to go.

So far I've been saving and quitting out of levels, have not done the arcade mode achievement yet, planning on doing it last, so no second player ever, and I've yet to buy any of the minikit characters.

And yeah, they won't ever be patching this, I bet because it doesn't effect everyone, and patches cost 40 to 50 thousands dollars.

Though I hear the first patch on the 360 is free, have they patched this game once yet?

I'll post again if it pops or not.

Alright, I just got it, at the right time.

After some thinking, I think I may know why this glitches and how to fix it.

I noticed when I went through and finished the story, I didn't get 4 of the story achievements. I got them, once I played through those levels in Freeplay.

I think the Minikit achievement glitch may work in this manner too, but unlike the levels achievements, you can't just replay levels to get the kits again.

So as long as you have a backup save, you should have a chance to try again, and it may unlock the second time.

If this is how the glitch happens, nothing you do in the game should matter in causing the glitch, like quitting and saving, co-op, or anything else like that. It may just be an achievement glitch like the level completed achievements not unlocking.

Though I could be completely wrong, since it also sometimes unlocks early for some people. But a backup save would still be a good idea.

Edited by Earthbound_X

• 5 months later...

This glitched for me as well! I started this game a couple years ago and quit playing it because it was really not much fun. I just started it back up and finished collecting all the mini-kits and the achievement did not unlock.

Can anyone tell me about how much time we are talking about to redo all the stories and recollect all the mini-kits (by starting a new save)?

According to the in-game clock, I have played over 43 hours and still haven't done the assault missions. This is definitely the worst, longest, and most tedious LEGO game of them all.

• 2 weeks later...

I kind of used Demons method after my game failed to pop the minikit cheevo with a few exceptions. I ran through the first 10 or so missions on story mode before i saw his post. I then went back and freeplayed them all for the kits. I then did demons method to the letter and the cheevo popped on HostageCrisis after getting my 2nd minikit.

Thanks Demon, for allowing me to finally put this game in my completed file.

• 2 months later...

Demon596 = Legend! :D

This glitched first time round (grrr), so I followed the guide.

Used codes to get: Fast Build, Invincibility & Mini-kit detector

And various characters including Cad Bane - since you'll need a hover guy for one level, etc.

Didn't always get the multiple items for a kit in order (I don't think it's always possible) and it popped on 7/10 on Grievous Intrigue (didn't need to play Zillo or Castle levels).

Thanks very much, Demon - feel free to go work for TT some time soon. :)

• 3 weeks later...

i know people have not got the achievement and have all the minikits but when i had all of them except 1 from castle of doom it unlocked so i think there is a major bug in the game as this should not occur.

also sometimes there has beeen a glitch where the levels are no loading properly but i think that is to do with the disc but i may be wrong

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

I had the minikit achievement glitch on me last year when I played it. I was that pissed off, I deleted my game saves. However I now wanna try and get it, I have started a new game and am not collecting the minikit a till I am on free play. Does any 1 have a clue if this would still work :uzi:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

No guaranteed fix, and it's still glitched. I finally got it last night by doing the following:

Just had this glitch on me, however I had a backup save before the last level. I did all of the levels except for Hostage Crisis. I needed all 10 minikits on this level. My first time through, achievement didn't pop. I tried numerous things to get it to pop (reloading my backed up save each time) but it wouldn't. About 10 tries later, it finally popped after only picking up 1 minikit in the level. What I did differently was I first played Genosian Arena and The Hidden Enemy levels in Free Play. I fully played through the levels until the end (not worrying about minikits or anything, just rushing through the levels). After this, I tried Hostage Crisis again and it popped with the first minikit (the one from building the plane).

Hopefully, that can help anyone who was fortunate enough to make a backup save.

I don't know if it matters, but when I went to play Hostage Crisis, I accidentally picked Story Mode first. So I quit out, then started Free Play.

• 9 months later...