FIFA 13 – Career Mode Discussion Thread – Post Your Best Players, Bargains & Stories:

Boomerang Cat

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've finally started a New Manager Career Mode with Sheffield United in English League One while playing on World Class Difficulty.

Starting with a Budget of £1,600,000 there were only a couple of assets worth over 500k to sell, so I had to largely rely on Player exchange Deals plus Cash to be able to Sign Players.

My intention when starting a Sheffield United Career Mode was to Sell all of my Backup Players and valuable First Team Players to fund Signing young Players with high Potential or large scope for Attribute Growth using the Database. (Here)

Sheffield United - Season 1 - Summer Transfer Window

Players Out:

Kevin McDonald - £1.9m to Blackburn

Harry Maguire - 750k to Leicester

Ryan Flynn - 400k to Derby

Michael Doyle - 200k to Leicester

Marcus Williams - 325k to Charlton

+ Others Players used in Player Exchanges

Players In:

Jereon Lumu - 900k (600k + 300k Player) from Willem II (Eredivisie)

Niklas Barkroth - 375k from IFK Goteborg (Allsvenskan)

Luke Shaw - 375k from Southampton (Premier League)

Scott Fraser - 50k from Dundee United (SPL)

Alessio Cragno - 500k from Brescia (Serie B)

Vyacheslav Podberezkin - 725k* from Lokomotiv Moskva (Russian League)

Menno Koch - 250k plus a Player* from PSV (Eredivisie)

Lucas Torro - 550k from RM Castilla (Liga Adelante)

Aleksandr Putsko - 425k from Spartak Moskva (Russian League)

Note - Some of the Fee's given above do not count Players that were included with the Cash in an exchange Deal. Unfortunately there is no record of the Players or the Values of these Players that were included in the Transfer Deals.

As I've now reached January of 2013 in Career Mode, I can confirm that these Players have improved considerably from their original Transfer Values and Attribute Levels so here are their Stats from the Database with some of Details about them.

Player Potential From FIFA 13 Career Mode Database: (Link)

Key: A = Ability, P = Potential, PG = Potential Growth, GSF = Growth So Far (Upto January 2013)

GK - Alessio Cragno - Brescia - Age:18 - A: 60 - P: 85 - PG:+25 - GSF:+4 To 64

Description: Cragno is a Young Keeper with Great Potential, worth having as a Sub Keeper at a Big Club.

CB - Menno Koch - PSV - Age:18 - A:62 - P:78 - PG:+16 - GSF:+3 To 65

Description: Koch is a giant 6ft 5" Central Defender well worth the Fee.

CB - Aleksandr Putsko - Spartak Moskva - Age:19 - A:62 - P:80 - PG:+18 - GSF:+5 To 67

Description: Putsko is another big Central Defender at 6ft 3", a bargain.

LB - Luke Shaw - Southampton - Age:16 - A:58 - P:83 - PG:+25 - GSF:+5 To 63

Description: Shaw is also large at 6ft 1" and has improved very quickly.

CM - Lucas Torro - RM Castilla - Age:17 - A:63 - P:79 - PG:+16 - GSF:+2 To 65

Description: Lucas Torro is another giant at 6ft 3", can play CM/CAM/CF/CDM.

CM - Scott Fraser - Dundee United - Age:17 - A:46 - P:79 - PG:+33 - GSF:+6 To 52

Description: Fraser has the largest Attribute Growth Potential in the whole game, a nice experimental Player.

CAM - Vyacheslav Podberezkin - Lokomotiv Moskva - Age:20 - A:62 - P:83 - PG:+21 - GSF:+5 To 67

Description: Another big Player at 6ft 1", has Red Boots and can play CAM/CF/CAM.

ST - Niklas Barkroth - IFK Goteborg - Age:20 - A:58 - P:80 - PG:+22 - GSF:+5 To 63

Description: Barkroth is a massive Bargain at 375k, Right Footed with incredible Pace.

ST - Jereon Lumu - Willem II - Age:17 - A:63 - P:82 - PG:+21 - GSF:+3 To 66

Description: Lumu like Barkroth is also very Fast but is Left Footed, which is rare to give a better balanced Strikeforce.

When you consider that some of these Players have increased by +6 in around 5 Months, I would definitely recommend all of them for any Lower League Club or even as Backup's to Loan out when Managing bigger Clubs.

Edited by Boomerang Cat

So here's my Liverpool side after almost two seasons (I'm at April 2014):

Ter Stegen - 84

Kelly - 82, Skrtel - 86, Agger - 86, Johnson - 81

Gerrard - 84, Allen - 86

Eriksen - 85

Suarez - 90, Sturridge - 85, Assaidi - 84

Subs: Astori - 82, Enrique - 82, Denisov - 83, Romulo - 81, Witsel - 86, Ba - 85, Sterling - 79

Notable reserves: Coates - 77, Robinson 73, Coady - 70, Shelvey - 78, Suso - 71, Yesil - 72, Tello - 78

I rotate the squad a lot and hence that side is very rarely the team that I send out, however I would probably consider that my strongest side. While I highly recommend any player listed here, these are a few of my favourites:

Ter Stegen is a great keeper - he reached 83 last season however mysteriously lost two rating during a two month spell on the sidelines, and he has just got back up the level he was at before.

Skrtel and Agger are a highly recommended CB partnership, they seem to boast a strong understanding. Coates and Astori are also highly competent replacements who also keep the right footer/left footer partnership I have grown very used to. My full backs are all competent but Robinson's ability seems to be much higher than his 73 rating - he is fast, a good defender and a skilful player on the attack too.

Allen has grown astonishingly strongly and has been top for league assists throughout my career, sparking £35m+ bids from Barcelona and Real Madrid ever since January 2013. Eriksen was a summer 2013 buy and he has been an incredible buy. His value had doubled in just under half a season from the £15.5m I bought him for to over £33m. He was intended as a second choice attacking midfielder but he has been so prolific he has pushed Gerrard back to be more commonly used as a defensive midfielder. Suso is also a top quality attacking midfielder who has shown very strong growth to get to his current rating - he's so good I'm not afraid to use him against the top sides such as Man Utd and Chelsea (he scored against both last season).

Up front, it's hard to look past Suarez who finished top scorer last season and this season has averaged a goal per game across all competitions. He would be incredibly difficult to replace and his versatility across the front line is valuable. Ba has been good but often inconsistent, however Sturridge became a very good second season buy after a slow start to his career - he went five or so games without scoring before netting a hat trick against Chelsea in October time. Assaidi is a good player, but for me Sterling is the standout winger - pacey and skilful with a good eye for goal. Tello had a fantastic goalscoring record last season despite being a squad player and comes highly recommended too - he was nearly out of contract and cost me £1.5m - bargain, plain and simple.

This summer I'll probably be looking to sell Denisov, who has become a less important player this season, and potentially Ba, and I will probably look to bring in another skilful young striker (Jovetic has appealed since day one) and perhaps a young playmaking midfielder - my squad as a whole still feels a bit thin on the ground in the middle of the park. I'm also looking for a young keeper as second choice, maybe Butland.

On a side note, what international jobs became available in your careers? I picked up the Belgium job at the start of January 2013, a side who became a five star team this season - not bad for a first international job. Will probably lead them into the world cup/euros and then leave to take another role as I don't feel like staying with one country too long.

Edited by Samao14
Additions

I've finally started a New Manager Career Mode with Sheffield United in English League One while playing on World Class Difficulty.

Starting with a Budget of £1,600,000 there were only a couple of assets worth over 500k to sell, so I had to largely rely on Player exchange Deals plus Cash to be able to Sign Players.

My intention when starting a Sheffield United Career Mode was to Sell all of my Backup Players and valuable First Team Players to fund Signing young Players with high Potential or large scope for Attribute Growth using the Database. (Here)

Sheffield United - Season 1 - Summer Transfer Window

Players Out:

Kevin McDonald - £1.9m to Blackburn

Harry Maguire - 750k to Leicester

Ryan Flynn - 400k to Derby

Michael Doyle - 200k to Leicester

Marcus Williams - 325k to Charlton

+ Others Players used in Player Exchanges

Players In:

Jereon Lumu - 900k (600k + 300k Player) from Willem II (Eredivisie)

Niklas Barkroth - 375k from IFK Goteborg (Allsvenskan)

Luke Shaw - 375k from Southampton (Premier League)

Scott Fraser - 50k from Dundee United (SPL)

Alessio Cragno - 500k from Brescia (Serie B)

Vyacheslav Podberezkin - 725k* from Lokomotiv Moskva (Russian League)

Menno Koch - 250k plus a Player* from PSV (Eredivisie)

Lucas Torro - 550k from RM Castilla (Liga Adelante)

Aleksandr Putsko - 425k from Spartak Moskva (Russian League)

Note - Some of the Fee's given above do not count Players that were included with the Cash in an exchange Deal. Unfortunately there is no record of the Players or the Values of these Players that were included in the Transfer Deals.

As I've now reached January of 2013 in Career Mode, I can confirm that these Players have improved considerably from their original Transfer Values and Attribute Levels so here are their Stats from the Database with some of Details about them.

Key: A = Ability, P = Potential, PG = Potential Growth, GSF = Growth So Far (Upto January 2013)

GK - Alessio Cragno - Brescia - Age:18 - A: 60 - P: 85 - PG:+25 - GSF:+4 To 64

Description: Cragno is a Young Keeper with Great Potential, worth having as a Sub Keeper at a Big Club.

CB - Menno Koch - PSV - Age:18 - A:62 - P:78 - PG:+16 - GSF:+3 To 65

CB - Aleksandr Putsko - Spartak Moskva - Age:19 - A:62 - P:80 - PG:+18 - GSF:+5 To 67

LB - Luke Shaw - Southampton - Age:16 - A:58 - P:83 - PG:+25 - GSF:+5 To 63

CM - Lucas Torro - RM Castilla - Age:17 - A:63 - P:79 - PG:+16 - GSF:+2 To 65

CM - Scott Fraser - Dundee United - Age:17 - A:46 - P:79 - PG:+33 - GSF:+6 To 52

Description: Fraser has the largest Attribute Growth Potential in the whole game, a nice experimental Player.

CAM - Vyacheslav Podberezkin - Lokomotiv Moskva - Age:20 - A:62 - P:83 - PG:+21 - GSF:+5 To 67

Description: Another big Player at 6ft 1", has Red Boots and can play CAM/CF/CAM.

ST - Niklas Barkroth - IFK Goteborg - Age:20 - A:58 - P:80 - PG:+22 - GSF:+5 To 63

Description: Barkroth is a massive Bargain at 375k, Right Footed with incredible Pace.

ST - Jereon Lumu - Willem II - Age:17 - A:63 - P:82 - PG:+21 - GSF:+3 To 66

Description: Lumu like Barkroth is also very Fast but is Left Footed, which is rare to give a better balanced Strikeforce.

When you consider that some of these Players have increased by +6 in around 5 Months, I would definitely recommend all of them for any Lower League Club or even as Backup's to Loan out when Managing bigger Clubs.

Update 2:

Sheffield United Career Mode on World Class Difficulty.

I've now reached April of Season One so I thought I would Update the Thread with my January Transfer Window signings, once again they are Bargain High Potential young Players which will only grow in their Attribute Level and also in Value by using the Database. (Here)

The majority of the Players that I signed in this January Window were the Players that were not available in the first Transfer Window due to having only just joined the Club that they were playing for.

Sheffield United - Season 1 - January Transfer Window

Players Out:

Danny Philliskirk - 550k to Dusseldorf

Nathan Blackman - 675k to Derby County

Miller - 575k to Ipswich Town

McAllister - 600k to Middlesbrough

Collins - 230k to Millwall

+ More in Player Exchange Deals

Players In:

Lucas Piazon - 575k (175k + Westlake worth 400k)

Norgaard - 375k (150k + Dave Kitson worth 225k)

Goretzka - 650k (590k + Chappel worrth 60k)

Marcos Junior - 800k (680k + Whitehouse worth 120k)

Key: A = Ability, P = Potential, PG = Potential Growth

Piazon - Chelsea - Age:18 - A:61 - P:85 - PG:+24

Description: Piazon is one of my most recommended Players from last Year, can play LW/CF/CAM.

Norgaard - Hamburger SV - Age:18 - A:59 - P:81 - PG:+22

Description: At 6ft 1" Norgaard is very versatile can play CM/CDM/CAM/RB, plays Right Back for me.

Goretzka - Vfl Bochum - Age:17 - A:59 - P:84 - PG:+25

Description: Goretzka is 6ft 2" and is also very versatile can play CM/RM/CDM/CAM

Marcos Junior - Fluminense - Age:19 - A:67 - P:82 - PG:+15

Description: A small but very fast CF/CAM. He was worth £1,200,000 and his Club said they only wanted 750k after I made an enquiry which was too good for me to turn down.

Looking at my starting 11 and some of my Substitutes at the end of the January Transfer Window they have an average Potential of 82, which is impressive when you consider the lack of money & assets I had available at the start of my Sheffield United Career and this should set me up well for having more money and talented Players in the coming Seasons.

While using this Team full of High Potential young Players I've won every Game so far in the League & Cups on World Class Difficulty, so here is a Video of the Season One Capital One League Cup Final below:

Sheffield United Vs Chelsea:

Capital One Cup Final

Season: One

Difficulty: World Class

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOa4cLpCLjQ]Capital One League Cup Final 2013 - Sheffield United Vs Chelsea - World Class Difficulty - FIFA 13 - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Boomerang Cat

I just found a player Alessandro Pellè in free agents he's a 6'2 ft st with 65 overall and he's just 17. But I got a question I looked for his potential on websites like fifafanatic but it shows no player of this name how come then he be in my career mode.

I just found a player Alessandro Pellè in free agents he's a 6'2 ft st with 65 overall and he's just 17. But I got a question I looked for his potential on websites like fifafanatic but it shows no player of this name how come then he be in my career mode.

I might be wrong but I think fifafanatic only shows players with a potential of 75 and over, hence his potential might be lower than 75. Additionally, if he is a player who does not have a face on his information (i.e. a black shadow) he could very well be one of the scouted/youth academy players, hence his information wouldn't be on the database as he is not a real player.

Good to see this gathering some early pace and having so many views already. I'll be contributing to this, hopefully with different teams and hence players across the whole year to give a large range of suggestions to a wide range of budgets.

I can add more recommendations after another half a season with Liverpool:

Team (4-3-3) - ter Stegen (85), Kelly (84), Hummels (88), Agger (86), Alaba (79), Witsel (87), Allen (88), Eriksen (88), Suarez (91), Jovetic (88), Assaidi (85)

Subs - Astori (83), Robinson (74), Romulo (83), Gerrard (83), Isco (79), Sturridge (86), Sterling (81)

Notable Reserves - Butland (70), Flanagan (73), Riley (76), Coates (82), Coady (72), Shelvey (78), Suso (72), Pacheco (78), Yesil (73), Sordell (76)

My summer acquisitions were Hummels, Alaba, Jovetic, Isco, Butland, Riley and Sordell.

Skrtel asked for a higher wage and then rejected my offer of a new contract two days later saying he wanted a change - wasn't quite sure what to make of that! However for £4.5m + Skrtel I got in Hummels who is a very good technical defender and one who many will be familiar with. I have technically weakened my squad over the summer but Johnson and Enrique had been distinctly average players for at least a season and were about to hit 30 so I sold them, bought Alaba (a very fast and gifted full back who has already grown very quickly) and showed commitment to promoting the young talents of Robinson and Riley.

Witsel, who I had recently acquired previously, is yet to really impress me however he has been good at getting forward and is an ideal partner for Allen in the defensive/playmaking shield. Isco has also started very brightly.

Jovetic is very highly recommended as he is a top class player with plenty of all round ability up front.

So that's a quick summary of any new players I've not yet raved about, here's a quick summary of my largest recommendations:

ter Stegen - GK - Borussia Moenchengladbach (Bundesliga) - Rating as of September 2014 - 85 - Great shot stopper with natural ability, all round high stats and plenty of potential growth.

Kelly - RB - Liverpool (Barclays Premier League) - Rating as of September 2014 - 84 - Fantastic defender who has also grown in attacking ability immensely in the last year or so.

Robinson - LB - Liverpool (Barclays Premier League) - Rating as of September 2014 - 74 - Young left back who shows very high levels of growth - fast, strong defender who excels in all necessary attributes.

Allen - CM - Liverpool (Barclays Premier League) - Rating as of September 2014 - 88 - First season simply a fantastic playmaker, now the complete package. New Gerrard without a shadow of a doubt, however boasts a passing ability Gerrard never did.

Eriksen - CAM - Ajax (Eredivisie) - Rating as of September 2014 - 88 - Relatively cheap given the growth you are likely to see. Given his high rating the speed with which he has grown has astonished me. Chipped in as third league top scorer last season and is actually a reasonable defender too.

Suso - CAM - Liverpool (Barclays Premier League) - Rating as of September 2014 - 73 - Given his low price, Suso is a no-brainer. Plays much better than his low(ish) rating and excels "in the hole". Skilful and cheap.

Suarez - CF - Liverpool (Barclays Premier League) - Rating as of September 2014 - 91 - Simply amazing. Averaged very, very nearly a goal a game last season across all competitions (nearly 60 games played) despite being deployed at RW. If you can afford him, MUST BUY.

Sturridge - ST - Chelsea (Barclays Premier League) - Rating as of September 2014 - 86 - Goalscorer, not to the level of Suarez but very good player with both an eye for goal and a natural ability on the ball.

Sterling - LW - Liverpool (Barclays Premier League) - Rating as of September 2014 - 81 - Play Sterling often and he will grow. And grow. And grow. And then grow some more. Talented enough at his initial rating (around 69 I believe?), play time will just develop him into a near-perfect winger who can not only cross, but play the ball and cut inside and score himself. And did I mention that he's incredibly fast and makes even Kyle Walker look slow?

I appreciate that's very long and a lot to take in, but I thought I hadn't been massively thorough in the past :p

Update 3: Sheffield United Career Mode on World Class Difficulty.

I've recently reached the start Season Two so I thought now would be a good time to Update the Thread with the growth of my Bargain High Potential young Players which I found by using the Database. (Here)

Each of the Players are absolutely ideal Signings for those starting New Career Mode with lower League Team's like Sheffield United and most of them would also be great additions to the Squads of Bigger Clubs as they are all destined to grow both in Attribute Level and Value.

Start Of Season 2 - High Potential Young Player Growth Update

Formation 41212 (Narrow Diamond), including 2 Subs.

Key: SA = Starting Ability, P = Potential, PG = Potential Growth, GSF = Growth So Far (Upto the Start of Season 2)

GK - Alessio Cragno - Brescia - Age:18 - SA: 60 - P: 85 - PG:+25 - GSF:+6 To 66

RB - Norgaard - Hamburger SV - Age:18 - SA:59 - P:81 - PG:+22 - GSF:+6 to 65

Description: At 6ft 1" Norgaard is very versatile can play CM/CDM/CAM/RB, plays Right Back for me.

CB - Menno Koch - PSV - Age:18 - SA:62 - P:78 - PG:+16 - GSF:+5 To 67

CB - Aleksandr Putsko - Spartak Moskva - Age:19 - SA:62 - P:80 - PG:+18 - GSF:+6 To 68

LB - Luke Shaw - Southampton - Age:16 - SA:58 - P:83 - PG:+25 - GSF:+7 To 65

DCM - Lucas Torro - RM Castilla - Age:17 - SA:63 - P:79 - PG:+16 - GSF:+4 To 67

CRM - Goretzka - Vfl Bochum - Age:17 - SA:59 - P:84 - PG:+25 - GSF:+6 to 65

Description: Goretzka is 6ft 2" and is also very versatile can play CM/RM/CDM/CAM

CLM - Vyacheslav Podberezkin - Lokomotiv Moskva - Age:20 - SA:62 - P:83 - PG:+21 - GSF:+6 To 68

CAM - Piazon - Chelsea - Age:18 - SA:61 - P:85 - PG:+24 - GSF:+7 to 68

Description: Piazon is one of my most recommended Players from last Year, can play LW/CF/CAM.

RST - Jereon Lumu - Willem II - Age:17 - SA:63 - P:82 - PG:+21 - GSF:+6 To 69

LST - Marcos Junior - Fluminense - Age:19 - SA:67 - P:82 - PG:+15 - GSF:+5 to 72

Description: A small but very fast CF/CAM. He was worth £1,200,000 and his Club said they only wanted 750k after I made an enquiry which was too good for me to turn down.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CM - Scott Fraser - Dundee United - Age:17 - SA:46 - P:79 - PG:+33 - GSF:+7 To 53

ST - Niklas Barkroth - IFK Goteborg - Age:20 - SA:58 - P:80 - PG:+22 - GSF:+6 To 64

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Average Player Attribute Growth from Season One to Season Two = 77 divided by 13 Players = +5.923

Average Potential of the 13 Players = 1,061 divided by 13 = 81.516

When you look into the statistics above when taking into account that I started my FIFA 13 Career Mode with limited assets in English League One, the Squad that I have been able to assemble using the Database is nothing short of incredible.

These Players have all grown considerably in Attribute Level and Value and I look forward to the next Season where I will be playing plenty of Games, 46 League Games in The Championship, just under 20 League and F.A. Cup Games and just under 20 UEFA Cup Games if all goes to plan.

I will Update the Thread again with my Season 2 Summer Transfer Window transactions in the near future, where I will be looking to put together two entire Squads full of Bargain High Potential young Players to keep this experiment going.

Edited by Boomerang Cat

In my second season, I have come across a goalkeeper named Dragan Born. He plays fir B. M'gladbach.

Also, fifafanatics has a list of the top players in terms of development. Some players to watch out for are Leali (GK), Shaw (LB), Gabriel (CDM) and Merkel (AM).

I started a carrer mode with Real Madrid in fifa 13 and many players improved already. I'm in January of my first season an Ronaldo is 93, Ramos 89, Hummels(from dortmund) 86, Danilo(from porto) 78, di maria 89, Benzema 89, higuain 87, Jese 74(from RM castilla) etc.. What I relized is that only my players are improving and the players from other teams are not. Such as Neymar still 85, gotze still 84, muniain still 80, brief, no player improved. I'm starting getting tired of fifa 13 ecause I bought it for carrer mode. Please, help me, Do i need to unlock player improvents or player ratings change at the end of every season the season :confused: If u have an answer, please tell me on facebook(look for Donat Kapesa) or send me an email to [email protected] because I don't login here every day!

Edited by Donat Kapesa

A little update from me. As I mentioned earlier I made the step up to World Class from Pro for FIFA 13 and quickly found myself bottom of the table as Brentford.

Thankfully this tips video has helped me alter my play no end. I was approaching games in the same manner as this, but didn't know whether it was the right approach. Adding the off the ball runs to my tactics and exploiting the extra space means that I am scoring more often, and an extra patient approach means I am conceding fewer goals.

In addition to Novikovas, Wynne, Ulm and Ali, I added the following in the January transfer window - Lumu, Minniecon, Piazon, Koch and Cragno. Now I'm just out of the relegation zone, but most of players are unhappy, which is a shame...

I joined this website just because of this thread!

I am currently managing Bradford City in the nPower League Two.

I wanted to point out that:

Free agents -

Marvin Bejarano - LB - OVR 68

Diego Cabrera - ST - OVR 66

...are both very reliable.

Cabrera is an all around striker. Top of the scoring charts, as well as best in assists table.

Bejarano is a short, powerful left back who won't rush forward much and will often overpower wingers. (He's also got 92 Stamina!)

In addition to Novikovas, Wynne, Ulm and Ali, I added the following in the January transfer window - Lumu, Minniecon, Piazon, Koch and Cragno. Now I'm just out of the relegation zone, but most of players are unhappy, which is a shame...

It's nice to see that you are using some of the bargain high potential young Players mentioned in my Sheffield United Career Mode Updates.

I've got a little behind so I'll Update the Thread later with the latest information on the growth of these Players.

I joined this website just because of this thread!

I am currently managing Bradford City in the nPower League Two.

I wanted to point out that:

Free agents -

Marvin Bejarano - LB - OVR 68

Diego Cabrera - ST - OVR 66

...are both very reliable.

Cabrera is an all around striker. Top of the scoring charts, as well as best in assists table.

Bejarano is a short, powerful left back who won't rush forward much and will often overpower wingers. (He's also got 92 Stamina!)

Welcome to x360a.

It'll be good to hear your Career Mode experiences with Bradford City, as I wasn't quite brave enough to start that low down in nPower League Two.

Welcome to x360a.

It'll be good to hear your Career Mode experiences with Bradford City, as I wasn't quite brave enough to start that low down in nPower League Two.

Thank you Boomerang.

I am currently first place, followed closely by Exeter City, who seem to be my bogey team.

It is November, and I'm surprised I've been doing so well, because I couldn't sell all my back-up players.

However, some turned out to be better than expected.

I play on Legendary difficulty, with semi-assisted settings.

I'd also like to point out:

GK - Jasmin Handanović - OVR ~67

He's been pretty reliable, and while being a free agent, he comes in cheaply.

Seven clean sheets so far, best GK in the league in that aspect.

In any case, I will end this career mode here, and start over after the patch.

I've read there's some issues regarding loaned players. (For example, Andy Carroll not returning to Liverpool.) I imagine that this will happen a lot, and I've decided to wait for the update to fix, so I can start a, hopefully, glitch-less career.

Update 4: Sheffield United Career Mode on World Class Difficulty.

I've recently reached the end of Season Two so I thought now would be a good time to Update the Thread with the latest additions to my Bargain High Potential young Players Squad which I found by using the Database. (Here)

Each of the Players are absolutely ideal Signings for those starting New Career Mode with lower League Team's like Sheffield United and most of them would also be great additions to the Squads of Bigger Clubs as they are all destined to grow both in Attribute Level and Value.

The aim for Season 2 was to assemble two entire Teams that could cope with the demands of around 80 Games while competing in The Championship, Domestic Cups and UEFA Cup.

First of all here are the Transfer Updates from the whole of Season Two, once again continuing the theme of Signing all Bargain High Potential young Players as an ongoing experiment for the x360a Forum.

Sheffield United - Season 2 - Summer Transfer Window (Unless Stated)

Players Out:

Marcos Junior - £4,000,000 to Birmingham

Barkroth - £1,900,000 to Leicester

Lucas Torro - £2,000,000 to Bolton (January Transfer Window)

+ More in Player Exchange Deals

Players In:

Max Clayton - 550k (275k + Jean Francois worth 275k) from Crewe

James Ward-Prowse - £1,000,000 - (800k + Pal worth 200k) from Southampton

Ruben Blanco - 330k from RC Celta de Vigo

Antonio Rudiger - 675k from Vfb Stuttgart

Yassine Benzia - £1.1m from Lyon

Dario Del Fabro - 550k from Cagliari

Sam Magri - 325k from Q.P.R.

Jerry Mbakogu - £2.9m from Juve Stabia

Daniele Rugani - £1.51m from Juventus

3 or 4 Free Transfer Players - All Rated 68 to 72 - All aged 17 to 21

Nana Welbeck - £1.5m from Brescia (January Transfer Window)

There are 2 very useful Transfer Window Tips that I have discovered during my time playing FIFA 13's Career Mode that I thought it would be helpful to share with the Forum.

Transfer Window Tip 1:

Check Free Transfers at the start of every New Season.

At the start of Season 2, I signed several Free Transfer Players that between them added around £10m worth of assets to my Team over the course of Season 2. These Players Attributes are typically Rated from 68 to 72 and they all seem to be aged around 17 to 21.

Note - These Players appear to be fake and randomly generated when a New Season is created, so you will not find the Potential of these Players on the Database.

Transfer Window Tip 2:

Make plenty of Enquiries, you can sometimes Sign Players for less than they're worth!

At the start of every Transfer Window I always make plenty of Enquiries for Players that I feel will take me and my Club to the next level. To my surprise with around 30% of the Enquiries that I've made, the selling Club will ask for less than a Players is worth.

Examples - After making an enquiry for James Ward-Prowse who was worth £1.7m at the time, Southampton said they wanted a Fee of just £1m and he has potential of 84. The same thing happened in Deals for Yassine Benzia (Potential also 84), Marcos Junior in Season 1 (Potential 82) and plenty of the other Players I have signed in the first 2 Seasons of Career Mode.

I'll Update the Thread in the near future with the Season Two Attribute Growth details of my Bargain High Potential young Players to keep this x360a Forum experiment going.

Edited by Boomerang Cat

Another great update from Boomerang Cat.

To your point about signing the players with potential. That's definitely the case. As I mentioned before, I am finding World Class stupidly tough and will narrowly avoid relegation. The bonus is the chance to continue to develop these young players who will hopefully end up being better than the majority of League 1 opposition.

I pasted the database you linked to into a spreadsheet and looked at player starting around the low 60s, so on a part with my current squad, but with the potential to get to at least 80. This yields a player list that looks like this:

Vyacheslav Podberezkin CAM 62 83 21

Leandro Paredes CAM 62 82 20

Piotr Zielinski CAM 62 80 18

Abdallah Yaisien CAM 63 81 18

Koray Günter CB 60 80 20

Jamaal Lascelles CB 62 80 18

Aleksandr Putsko CB 62 80 18

Daniele Rugani CB 63 84 21

Sandro Wieser CDM 63 79 16

Emre Can CDM 65 83 18

Filippo Boniperti CF 62 84 22

Jonathan Espericueta CM 62 82 20

Adrien Rabiot CM 63 83 20

José Rodríguez Martínez CM 63 81 18

Alessio Cragno GK 60 85 25

Jack Robinson LB 63 81 18

AlejandroGrimaldo García LB 64 82 18

Fernando Evangelista LB 64 81 17

Bryan Leyva LM 62 77 15

Lucas Domingues Piazon LW 61 85 24

Elliott Hewitt RB 58 81 23

Javier Manquillo Gaitán RB 62 80 18

Ryan Williams RM 60 79 19

Antonio Rozzi RW 63 80 17

Max Clayton ST 60 80 20

Yassine Benzia ST 63 84 21

Jeroen Lumu ST 63 82 19

Jack Sampson ST 63 80 17

Dario Del Fabro CB 54 80 26

Nathan Ake CB 59 84 25

Ogenyi Onazi CM 60 82 22

Danilo Cataldi CM 60 80 20

Rubén Blanco Veiga GK 58 80 22

Simon Sluga GK 59 80 21

Koen Casteels GK 64 81 17

Loris Benito LB 57 80 23

Luke Shaw LB 58 83 25

RaphaëlGuerreiro LB 58 82 24

OussamaTannane LW 65 81 16

Matt Lecointe ST 55 80 25

Niklas Bärkroth ST 58 80 22

Edited by Nykstukas
Couldn't paste a table

Another great update from Boomerang Cat.

To your point about signing the players with potential. That's definitely the case. As I mentioned before, I am finding World Class stupidly tough and will narrowly avoid relegation. The bonus is the chance to continue to develop these young players who will hopefully end up being better than the majority of League 1 opposition.

I pasted the database you linked to into a spreadsheet and looked at player starting around the low 60s, so on a part with my current squad, but with the potential to get to at least 80. This yields a player list that looks like this:

Vyacheslav Podberezkin CAM 62 83 21

Leandro Paredes CAM 62 82 20

Piotr Zielinski CAM 62 80 18

Abdallah Yaisien CAM 63 81 18

Koray Günter CB 60 80 20

Jamaal Lascelles CB 62 80 18

Aleksandr Putsko CB 62 80 18

Daniele Rugani CB 63 84 21

Sandro Wieser CDM 63 79 16

Emre Can CDM 65 83 18

Filippo Boniperti CF 62 84 22

Jonathan Espericueta CM 62 82 20

Adrien Rabiot CM 63 83 20

José Rodríguez Martínez CM 63 81 18

Alessio Cragno GK 60 85 25

Jack Robinson LB 63 81 18

AlejandroGrimaldo García LB 64 82 18

Fernando Evangelista LB 64 81 17

Bryan Leyva LM 62 77 15

Lucas Domingues Piazon LW 61 85 24

Elliott Hewitt RB 58 81 23

Javier Manquillo Gaitán RB 62 80 18

Ryan Williams RM 60 79 19

Antonio Rozzi RW 63 80 17

Max Clayton ST 60 80 20

Yassine Benzia ST 63 84 21

Jeroen Lumu ST 63 82 19

Jack Sampson ST 63 80 17

Dario Del Fabro CB 54 80 26

Nathan Ake CB 59 84 25

Ogenyi Onazi CM 60 82 22

Danilo Cataldi CM 60 80 20

Rubén Blanco Veiga GK 58 80 22

Simon Sluga GK 59 80 21

Koen Casteels GK 64 81 17

Loris Benito LB 57 80 23

Luke Shaw LB 58 83 25

RaphaëlGuerreiro LB 58 82 24

OussamaTannane LW 65 81 16

Matt Lecointe ST 55 80 25

Niklas Bärkroth ST 58 80 22

I'm glad the Updates on my experimental Sheffield United Career Mode are appreciated and some of the forum members are finding them useful for their own Career Mode Games.

I hope to find the time to give details on each of my Players Attribute Growth during Season Two within the next couple of Days and a fair number of the Players listed above are included.

At the start of Season 3 I'm currently receiving big money offers for some of these Players, for example I have been offered around £10m for Jereon Lumu who has developed from a starting Attribute Level of 63 and grown to a 74 rating in just Two Seasons. I rejected the offer because he is still only 19 and has the Potential to reach 82.

Come to think of it maybe I should have used a Spreadsheet like you did instead of writing down 10 Pages worth of Notes to compare a fair proportion of these Players against eachother in Career Mode.

Some really good posting already - on behalf of every person who reads this thread regularly, thank you for the large input from everyone here, particularly Boomerang Cat for all the little tips and tricks.

I haven't played any career lately as I finally got back into Ultimate Team after my Liverpool career kept freezing (even now I can't go onto my "sell players" screen - thank god I can sell them through "squad report"!). After my UT addiction calms down though I hope to start up a career with Anzhi Makhachkala and/or Villareal.

Anzhi are a team I'm very familiar with after last year saw me addicted to the Russian League, and I'm intrigued by Villareal after their relegation to the Spanish second division last season. I'll certainly be adding information regarding these careers if and when they commence.

Some really good posting already - on behalf of every person who reads this thread regularly, thank you for the large input from everyone here, particularly Boomerang Cat for all the little tips and tricks.

I haven't played any career lately as I finally got back into Ultimate Team after my Liverpool career kept freezing (even now I can't go onto my "sell players" screen - thank god I can sell them through "squad report"!). After my UT addiction calms down though I hope to start up a career with Anzhi Makhachkala and/or Villareal.

Anzhi are a team I'm very familiar with after last year saw me addicted to the Russian League, and I'm intrigued by Villareal after their relegation to the Spanish second division last season. I'll certainly be adding information regarding these careers if and when they commence.

Thanks Samao14, both for the appreciation of my Posts and also for your own contributions to both this Years' and last Years' Career Mode Threads.

I look forward to your next Career Mode and the information you'll be sharing with us to help the x360a Forum members.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank to x360a Forum members who have contributed to this Thread so far, let's keep it going.

As for problems with Saved Career Mode Games, they seem to be very common in FIFA 13 as there have been several Forum members asking about what to do.

The only advice I can give to anyone is to create several different Save Slots and rotate between them after each Game. Personally, I currently use 6 different slots to Save my Sheffield United Career Mode to help prevent major glitches from ruining my Career Mode progress.

Edited by Boomerang Cat