Perfectionist Video Walkthrough

Great. I'll be doing my next playthrough today with it then. I just finished my first playthrough a minute ago. Trying to wait until the credits finish, so I can get Off Track, then I'll be ready. lol

EDIT: I followed your videos up until part 4, and I realized that you're skipping some things in your walkthrough, or not even mentioning it. Like for instance, when you go around to repair stuff, you failed to mention that you had to first repair the windmill and enter the first D.E.C. (but you don't have to finish it, just exit back out after entering) for the Gremlins to allow you to repair anything. I was running around to the areas you went to, and wasn't finding a Gremlin popping up like you did. I had to do the repairs on the windmill and such first before they showed up.

Also, for a "full walkthrough", your videos don't seem to be that full. Part 1 ends before you're even done with Yen Sid's lab, then Part 2 just starts with Mickey and Oswald in Dark Beauty Castle. And your videos showed you doing a lot of repeating areas for no reason other than farming for items (when you could've just mentioned to do that).

Thanks for some criticism, but I'm going to point out a few things.

1. Yes, maybe I should add some annotations to make things more clearer. Even though you'll see that I fixed the windmill before I started doing the Gremlin quests, yes, I guess I could've added an annotation explaining you need to repair the windmill first, but again, if you're following the walkthrough this shouldn't be too much of an issue.

2.What am I skipping? Forgive me if I have indeed missed something out, but surely by part 4 of the guide, which is still fairly early in the game, there is not really that much to skip? The only thing I can think of is the Hidden Mickeys, but that is only because I am taking pictures of the Hidden Oswalds instead, as you need fewer of those.

3. If you check part 1, it ends at the beginning of Dark Beauty Castle, and part 2 picks up immediately after, so I'm not sure where you've got the idea that part 1 ends before I'm even done with Yen Sid's lab. Yes I do skip cutscenes, but the video picks up immediately afterwards, it's not like I cut a large amount out or anything.

4. Yes, these videos do show a lot of repeating areas, but I do tend to speed these up in later areas. Besides, I'm not a whole fan of the whole "leave a little message thing", it just seems a bit lazy, and a little bit choppy. I personally wouldn't like a guide that halfway through said "Now go collect 100 items" and then it picks up at some random area. It's a video walkthrough after all that intends to show players how to obtain items, so I dunno, maybe a text based walkthrough would be more your thing? Like I said, I appreciate the criticism, but apart from the explaining things in more detail, I can't really see where most of your criticism comes from. Sorry if I sound a bit stuck up.

Edited by XBL Rarity

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because I don't mention it in a little note doesn't mean it's not in the video. I still repaired the windmill and entered/exited the D.E.C straight away didn't I? And in the first video, doesn't it end with me completing Yen Sid's lab, and then the second video begins at the start of Dark Beauty Castle? I admit that maybe these videos aren't as detailed as they could be, but all of the information is still there in the video. Maybe you'd be better off following a written walkthrough instead of a video one?

I think there must've been a problem with Youtube before, because when I watched your videos before, they weren't full videos. They stopped before you finished Yen Sid's lab (you were just going to the wall where you paint and thin and it stopped), but now the video seems to go all the way through it, and there wasn't a section of you going to the D.E.C. first to unlock repairing places before, but there is now, in Part 5.

EDIT: Here's an example of what I mean. Part 1, in Yen Sid's lab, actually went to 6 minutes and 36 seconds the first couple of times I watched it (you had Mickey just thinning and painting the platforms at that time), instead of the actual 8 minutes and 36 seconds, that showed you opening the secret chests below, or grabbing the first Pin.

Edited by GalaxyRed13

I think there must've been a problem with Youtube before, because when I watched your videos before, they weren't full videos. They stopped before you finished Yen Sid's lab (you were just going to the wall where you paint and thin and it stopped), but now the video seems to go all the way through it, and there wasn't a section of you going to the D.E.C. first to unlock repairing places before, but there is now, in Part 5.

EDIT: Here's an example of what I mean. Part 1, in Yen Sid's lab, actually went to 6 minutes and 36 seconds the first couple of times I watched it (you had Mickey just thinning and painting the platforms at that time), instead of the actual 8 minutes and 36 seconds, that showed you opening the secret chests below, or grabbing the first Pin.

You're not alone actually, YouTube was doing this to me last night. A 2:56 video was somehow reduced to only 30 seconds!

I hope the next part will be later today, because Part 16 ending right there right before going into the projector is weird. lol

EDIT: Considering where you stopped the video, I went on through the projector using a video I found on Youtube where the film reel is, so I'm in the lab waiting now. But I'm unsure if you're staying there, or just grabbing the chest by the projector and returning back to the bridge, to cross it and get to the other projector (so there's no point in coming back to the area later).

Edited by GalaxyRed13

I hope the next part will be later today, because Part 16 ending right there right before going into the projector is weird. lol

EDIT: Considering where you stopped the video, I went on through the projector using a video I found on Youtube where the film reel is, so I'm in the lab waiting now. But I'm unsure if you're staying there, or just grabbing the chest by the projector and returning back to the bridge, to cross it and get to the other projector (so there's no point in coming back to the area later).

Can you actually go back to Disney Gulch then? On my game, when I first enter the Mad Doctor's lab for the boss fight, both projectors shut off, so I don't think you can just head back through the projector again straight away? At least you got the film reel, I chose the wrong path if I remember correctly, so I had to return to get it anyway! :(

Can you actually go back to Disney Gulch then? On my game, when I first enter the Mad Doctor's lab for the boss fight, both projectors shut off, so I don't think you can just head back through the projector again straight away? At least you got the film reel, I chose the wrong path if I remember correctly, so I had to return to get it anyway! :(

I didn't look at the time to see if the projector was still on or not, since I turned the game off after the auto-saved finished. But I turned it on just now and noticed it was off. But at least I went the right way. lol

EDIT: By the way, I'm not sure if you know this, but I've seen someone else's videos of the game, and they were able to get two collectible pins in Dark Beauty Castle, instead of just the Charge It Pin. It required you to thin out the last machine that you need to charge in the room before it for the pin to show up (which is the Beauty Only Thin-Deep Pin). You don't have to worry about missing the Charge It Pin doing that, since you can reach it outside, by double jumping up to it before gliding across that one spot with Oswald. The only thing you'll miss is those three chests going to the top of that room that usually just has tickets in them (which isn't all that important really). I know Beauty Only Thin-Deep can just be gotten from the Pin Trader later, but this way, you don't have to keep buying bags until you get it later.

Edited by GalaxyRed13

I didn't look at the time to see if the projector was still on or not, since I turned the game off after the auto-saved finished. But I turned it on just now and noticed it was off. But at least I went the right way. lol

EDIT: By the way, I'm not sure if you know this, but I've seen someone else's videos of the game, and they were able to get two collectible pins in Dark Beauty Castle, instead of just the Charge It Pin. It required you to thin out the last machine that you need to charge in the room before it for the pin to show up (which is the Beauty Only Thin-Deep Pin). You don't have to worry about missing the Charge It Pin doing that, since you can reach it outside, by double jumping up to it before gliding across that one spot with Oswald. The only thing you'll miss is those three chests going to the top of that room that usually just has tickets in them (which isn't all that important really). I know Beauty Only Thin-Deep can just be gotten from the Pin Trader later, but this way, you don't have to keep buying bags until you get it later.

Ha, no I didn't know that! This game never fails to surprise me at how strange it can be sometimes. It's like "Eh, whatever you choose, we'll give you both pins for it". I only use Thinner after the game is complete to get the remaining pins, but if you can get both of these pins in Dark Beauty Castle at the same time, go for it!

I had something that I should probably say, since this part also had a similar thing in it. Two parts before this one, you had a part of the video acting really weird. I'm not sure if that was your encode, or if it was something that happened with the game while you were recording, and you just didn't fix it (or you just decided to do it to be funny). The parts don't mess with anything in the actual guide itself, but they seem to be "WTF moments".

The first time it happened was when you take the balloon ride from Mean Street South to North, talking to the Gremlin, and he says "How about a ride?", then during the "loading screen", his voice repeats the line a couple of times, ending with him doing it in slow motion. Not sure if you did that on purpose or not.

The second time, during an underground area, where you're trying to push that generator (and you couldn't finish it in that video), right before you put the text up to explain that, you had the video going in super slow motion.

The third time, this last part, ended with you talking to Ortensia to get the quest updated, then left the house. Then before you ended the video, you showed yourself go back in and talk to her, and put the video in slow motion again (voice and all) while she spoke.

Anyway, regardless, I'm going to wait until you have the next boss defeated in your videos before I continue to follow them again. Having to wait a day for a new part each time and start following that part makes things go really slow.

I had something that I should probably say, since this part also had a similar thing in it. Two parts before this one, you had a part of the video acting really weird. I'm not sure if that was your encode, or if it was something that happened with the game while you were recording, and you just didn't fix it (or you just decided to do it to be funny). The parts don't mess with anything in the actual guide itself, but they seem to be "WTF moments".

The first time it happened was when you take the balloon ride from Mean Street South to North, talking to the Gremlin, and he says "How about a ride?", then during the "loading screen", his voice repeats the line a couple of times, ending with him doing it in slow motion. Not sure if you did that on purpose or not.

The second time, during an underground area, where you're trying to push that generator (and you couldn't finish it in that video), right before you put the text up to explain that, you had the video going in super slow motion.

The third time, this last part, ended with you talking to Ortensia to get the quest updated, then left the house. Then before you ended the video, you showed yourself go back in and talk to her, and put the video in slow motion again (voice and all) while she spoke.

Anyway, regardless, I'm going to wait until you have the next boss defeated in your videos before I continue to follow them again. Having to wait a day for a new part each time and start following that part makes things go really slow.

They're little bonuses that I usually forget to delete whilst horsing around in Sony Vegas. And that's cool if you wanna wait, though you may be waiting a while, back on night shifts at work this week!

Edited by XBL Rarity

And that's cool if you wanna wait, though you may be waiting a while, back on night shifts at work this week!

I know you posted this at the beginning of the week, so you're likely not working night shift now (unless you are until Monday, anyway). I just felt that I should go ahead and say that, it isn't that I want to wait, but your videos are pretty much a 100% guide (I can't seem to find any others that come close, by text or video), and I already finished part 18. That's why I'm waiting this time until you get to the boss in episode 2, since you seemed to only be uploading one video a day. Also since your videos haven't been more than 10 minutes a piece usually, I'm stuck in a waiting game. I'm sure others are too, obviously, but I haven't seen anyone else post in the thread since I started posting.

I know you posted this at the beginning of the week, so you're likely not working night shift now (unless you are until Monday, anyway). I just felt that I should go ahead and say that, it isn't that I want to wait, but your videos are pretty much a 100% guide (I can't seem to find any others that come close, by text or video), and I already finished part 18. That's why I'm waiting this time until you get to the boss in episode 2, since you seemed to only be uploading one video a day. Also since your videos haven't been more than 10 minutes a piece usually, I'm stuck in a waiting game. I'm sure others are too, obviously, but I haven't seen anyone else post in the thread since I started posting.

Well, I finish night shifts tonight, so I'll make sure to upload some more parts this coming week. The only other thing I could do is maybe take my Laptop to work with me and render videos there. I do care work, and at the moment I do "Sleep Ins" meaning that unless someone needs help during the night, I'm pretty much on standby, so maybe I could render videos whilst I'm waiting to be called on.

Nice. Hopefully doing more than one a day will get you finishing at least up to the second boss by the end of the week. Or earlier, depending on how many parts you have that goes that far (since I think the earlier parts for episode 1 (first boss) was so long because of all of the gremlin quests, which I don't believe there's anymore of).

Nice. Hopefully doing more than one a day will get you finishing at least up to the second boss by the end of the week. Or earlier, depending on how many parts you have that goes that far (since I think the earlier parts for episode 1 (first boss) was so long because of all of the gremlin quests, which I don't believe there's anymore of).

Yeah, I just like to do a lot of the optional stuff first, that's why my videos sometimes take a while to actually get to the meat of the game!

Part 22

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l32YI2fab1E]Epic Mickey 2 "Perfectionist" Guide- Part 22 - YouTube[/ame]

Some other things I just wanna add as well:

1. I apologise in advance for some of the terrible gameplay when I reach VentureLand and the Train Tunnels. My mind just went completely blank sometimes when it came to figuring out what to do!

2. I had another major recording session today (I'm now up to Autotopia), and most of the side quests that are known to glitch, HAVEN'T! Meaning I should be all good for getting the Perfectionist achievement!