Warhammer 40K Arcade Shooter=Awesome!

Is anyone else excited? I heard it's coming out this summer.

There hasn't been anything in the news so I included a trailer. Apparently you need to buy this game to get the power sword in Space Marine. Hoping it comes with avatar awards. :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUU6xDAMpQo]YouTube - ‪Warhammer 40,000 Kill Team E3 2011 Teaser Trailer [HD]‬‏[/ame]

Edited by Battletick
reworded

I am actually very excited for this game. A fast paced diablo-esque style 40k game in an Ork infested space hulk? Sign me up :)

Of all the arcade games I want, this one I will likely buy on release day at full price, rather then wait for sale. I have been needing some 40k good ness lately, and the table top game is to spendy

• 2 weeks later...

From a cursory scan it looks like it's going to be a power-up based shoot'em up game. I wonder if RPG elements like equipment and leveling up will play a role, or if it's more like Metal Slug where you progress by picking up and holding power-ups.

Hopefully the game has a good number of levels, and adjustable difficulty for more replayability. If there is no RPG element to generate replayability they'll need some harder difficulties and several maps to clear in order to compensate.

• 2 weeks later...
Space Marine??

Please explain! I've played some of the Warhammer games, but ive never heard of an Xbox one, thought they were all on PC.

THQ's Official Website

http://www.spacemarine.com/

THQ's Official Space Marine's Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/spacemarine

XBox360Achievements Overview

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/warhammer-40000-space-marine/overview/

You know what's NOT awesome? The fact that this game has NO Online Co-op. It's LOCAL Couch Co-op only, based on the specs listed on various sites.

In addition, everytime I asked THQ on the Warhammer SpaceMarine Facebook page about this, they've deleted my post.

Pretty lame and definitely a non-purchase now. I don't see why devs aren't adding ONLINE components to their XBLA games. Especially a game like this, an FPS shooter which is essentially a precurser to their full disc retail release which has ONLINE multiplayer.

You know what's NOT awesome? The fact that this game has NO Online Co-op. It's LOCAL Couch Co-op only, based on the specs listed on various sites.

In addition, everytime I asked THQ on the Warhammer SpaceMarine Facebook page about this, they've deleted my post.

Pretty lame and definitely a non-purchase now. I don't see why devs aren't adding ONLINE components to their XBLA games. Especially a game like this, an FPS shooter which is essentially a precurser to their full disc retail release which has ONLINE multiplayer.

If that is true, then that sucks major balls :( guess we will find out tomorrow.

it would probably also explain why there is only one coop achievement.

Oh, not another game that's perfect for online co op being couch only! I'm still excited for this and fingers are crossed.

• 1 year later...