What achievement took you the longest to unlock?

CONKER1182

The Gears 2 achievement for level 100

Can't even put a tab on the amount of grinding I did for that 6mil xp. An awful lot was done outside any special event on local horde mode which was sloooowwww.

I recall that event where it was something like 4xp I just went balls to the wall and grinded horde for something crazy like 22 hours over the space of a weekend to jump the last 20 levels or so. Just played the first 1-2 levels on 'security' on a constant loop trying to finish as quick as possible.

If I take into account the time spent on the map-based achievements which all gained xp the time spent is even grater.

I only had those stars in mind.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted on GTA IV, I did it twice too.

I envy you. 100% COMPLETLEY GTA IV Twice. Im struggling to do Dare Devil,Endangered Spicies,The online achivements,and those 2 damn Mission goal achivements in the ballad (The only two DLC achivements i dont have in Both DLCS :mad: )

Ugggh. I hate collectible achivements and those dumb mission goals reminded me of AC 100% SYnc. Just distracted me from an otherwise fun mission experiance)

Assassin's Creed "kill every templar" achievement. My game glitched and I could not find the last one. After searching for a day, I resigned to restart the game and play all the way through again the following day... Never again.

Ouch dude that sucks. I missed one flag and had to replay the game up to the city with one missing and collect them all again.

Here's some achievements that took a very long time for me.

[spoiler=balls]

Far Cry 2 - Wages of Conflict - Obtain all 1000 diamonds (this is only worth 10 lousy gamerscore)

Forza 2 - Secret Collector 4 - All Cars

Forza 3 - Solid Gold - All Gold All Race types

Assassins Creed 3 - Completionist - Complete progress tracker 100%

Gears of War - Seriously - 10,000 Online Ranked kills

Gears of War 2 - Veteran Gear & Seriously 2.0 - Reach level 100 & 100,000 kills

Gears of War 3 - Again! - reach level 100 twice

Red Dead Redemption - Redeemed - Achieve 100%

Darksiders 2 - BFA - Earn all other achievements

GTA IV - Key to the city - Achieve 100% (F*!K you, stupid pigeons!!)

Splinter Cell Conviction - Best of the best - complete all challenges

Dragon's Dogma - Ever turning wheel - Complete the game twice

and on windows phone:

Angry Birds & Angry Birds Space - Smash Maniac - Smash 250,000 and 500,000 blocks, respectively.

I'm not sure which one took the longest.

Edited by simmshady22

I envy you. 100% COMPLETLEY GTA IV Twice. Im struggling to do Dare Devil,Endangered Spicies,The online achivements,and those 2 damn Mission goal achivements in the ballad (The only two DLC achivements i dont have in Both DLCS :mad: )

Ugggh. I hate collectible achivements and those dumb mission goals reminded me of AC 100% SYnc. Just distracted me from an otherwise fun mission experiance)

I love GTA so much none of the grinding, collectables or multiplayer bothered me one bit. Things got a little annoying on the PC due to more bugs, unreliable multiplayer and my laptop freezing every 4 hours. :p

Call of Duty 3 - General.

40,000 points with one point per kill was ridiculous.

I got up to 3000 points legit then boosted the rest with the cap the flag method, only took a week.

Assassin's Creed "kill every templar" achievement. My game glitched and I could not find the last one. After searching for a day, I resigned to restart the game and play all the way through again the following day... Never again.

Me to. In fact, I played through the game almost 3 times to get all of the collectibles.

Pain in the ass! :p

Which achievement took me the longest to unlock? Well if it isn't the collectibles in Assassin's Creed, then it would be the collectibles for Crackdown and Crackdown 2. Also the level 50 achievement in The Godfather, which I replayed a second time to use a method which apparently works a lot better... took me almost the same amount of time to do it!

Tower of Babble wasn't that hard or annoying for me. I had 3 buddies that have played Zombies/CoD for a while, and all I had to do was pretty much sit back until they needed me to throw the thing at the pole.

The longest for me has to be Veteran Gear achievement in Gears of War 2. I first started when they released the new rank system, and they didn't have 5,000x XP when it started, luckily found a social match where people were boosting King of the Hill though to quicken it.

• 1 month later...

I don't play multiplayer games as much as others, so it's the last Dark Souls achievement, i think.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1640/UPpmBWY=.jpg

The Dark Soul 50:gsicon:

All achievements completed. Congratulations!

And for the multiplayer it's probably Bulletstorm :)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1433/5-j5ji0=.jpg

Final Echo 40:gsicon:

Achieve level 65 in Anarchy mode.

The Legendary cheevo from Skyrim.

I didn't cheat to get it and had to grind all the way to level 78 to actually unlock legendary dragons. I finally got it in dec of 2012.

The game is wonderful though and I am glad I finally got to 100%.