Similarities to Borderlands......

jtr1gg3r

Funny enough this game reminded me more of Fallout. I realize it's a Bethesda game, but it's not developed by them so what the hell? I was watching a video and the guy explains the plot as being a meteor is about hit Earth, and there are self sustaining life pods set up all over, and you emerge to the aftermath. Sounds a lot like Fallout to me. However, the game still looks really good, but I mean come on FFS... WTB original plot line.

Funny enough this game reminded me more of Fallout. I realize it's a Bethesda game, but it's not developed by them so what the hell? I was watching a video and the guy explains the plot as being a meteor is about hit Earth, and there are self sustaining life pods set up all over, and you emerge to the aftermath. Sounds a lot like Fallout to me. However, the game still looks really good, but I mean come on FFS... WTB original plot line.

I thought the exact same thing, especially when I heard the "life-pod" thing (vaults anyone?). I'm hoping that this will essentially be Fallout on a slightly better engine with more of a focus on FPS elements and less of a focus on RPG elements.

Don't usually like to make comparisons like this, but it does look a lot like Borderlands. Not just from these screens, too. Borderlands is honestly my all-time favorite game, has been since the first week of release, but I'm not sold on this yet. Though I don't think id's biting. Surely this has been in development for a while, and Borderlands had been too. About to look into some stuff on it...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This game looks amazing! the only but thing that really makes it similar to borderlands is the concept art. It doesn't have the Diablo style looting system or the skill trees. I am unsure if it will be more or less RPG... Borderlands had no RPG elements in the plot (By this I mean you could not effect the plot with your decisions) They had more of an MMORPG plot.

I love the cell shading for Borderlands BTW the graphics do not have to be realistic to be good!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

love the fact you put up those screen shots you can't help but notice if you've played both games. borderlands and fallout are definitely better but you know i'd like to see some vehicles in the next fallout. i loved both of those games so a game being similar isn't a bad thing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Similar, and both games were complete crap imo. I downloaded Borderlands, hated it from the first minute on, and just played it to get the achievements. Almost the same with Rage. Borrowed it from a friend, played for about 15 min and almost puked (ok that's maybe a bit exaggerated). But, I don't want games in my list with so few gamerscore, since I'm always aiming for a high completion rate, so I had to fight my way through. Rage wasn't actually that bad far into the game, I thought I just had to get used to the controls, but then these stupid ass Gearheads. Soooooo annoying.

Sorry, I kinda got off topic there, so back to it. I think it has some similarities. The cars, the enemies. But (of course) in Rage there were no RPG elements involved at all.

Rage will never get the support that Borderlands got. When Rage is forgotten we'll still be getting add-ons for Borderlands.

I agree. I think the biggest mistake for Rage was no CO-OP support in single player. IMO would of made the game so much better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...