Change xbox live email?

XxJU571NxX

I hope so! now a days i'm never on MSN any more... and i don't want to go online everytime i'm playing my Xbox!

I don't like the idea that everybody keeps sending you messages when you're playing a game!

actually... you can change this but only if you originally didn't use a @hotmail.com name as your sign in name.

Why is that? i used a hotmail.com adres... so that means that i have to block every freaking one on my list?!?!

actually... you can change this but only if you originally didn't use a @hotmail.com name as your sign in name.

i had my signup name to gmail before and now i changed it to a hotmail name

exactly how do you change your email mate? because i want to change my non hotmail.com email to a hotmail.com email to use the IM. i can't find how to change the windows live ID on the xbox or on xbox.com! please help. thanks

exactly how do you change your email mate? because i want to change my non hotmail.com email to a hotmail.com email to use the IM. i can't find how to change the windows live ID on the xbox or on xbox.com! please help. thanks

http://g.live.com/0HE_TRACKSTAR_ENUS9/80012

their you go. Just login using the email you setup for xbox.com. Then you will see "change" next to your name. Click it and then you will be brought to the page to do it.

I pu in my hotmail acount when setting up my xbox live but it said i need an adults acount to let me set up live so i used my dads one which isnt hotmail and thats the one it is under. Now i am an adult i want to change it to my acount so can change it to my hotmail one now?

EDIT: I entered my dads email into the link above and went to change, then typed in my email adress as the change to ID and it says it is not available which i know because it is mine. How can i change the registered xbox ID (my dads) to the one i use for msn/windows live messenger (my one)?

I pu in my hotmail acount when setting up my xbox live but it said i need an adults acount to let me set up live so i used my dads one which isnt hotmail and thats the one it is under. Now i am an adult i want to change it to my acount so can change it to my hotmail one now?

EDIT: I entered my dads email into the link above and went to change, then typed in my email adress as the change to ID and it says it is not available which i know because it is mine. How can i change the registered xbox ID (my dads) to the one i use for msn/windows live messenger (my one)?

Is your email address not available because you are already using it for another Windows Live ID? If so, then you will have to change that ID first to yet another email address to free up your current MSN email address that you want to use in place of your parents email address...hope this helps.

Yeh it is not available because i am using it for another windows live id. I have my email address yeh...i use this for msn/windows live messenger. When i set up my live acount i put in that emil address and it said because i was to yound it needed an adults adress so iput in a different one(dads). If i click my gamertag on the dashboard it has my email adress, if i go to xbox.com it is my email address but when i go to family settingsit wants my dads email address password. When i g to windows live messenger it says it is not available on chil accounts. Ideally i would like to allow live messenger through my dads password or delete it and have an adult account under my email address.

Please help me, yu sound like you know what you are talking about.:(

Side note: 2 Word of mouth awards:confused: lol

Yeh it is not available because i am using it for another windows live id. I have my email address yeh...i use this for msn/windows live messenger. When i set up my live acount i put in that emil address and it said because i was to yound it needed an adults adress so iput in a different one(dads). If i click my gamertag on the dashboard it has my email adress, if i go to xbox.com it is my email address but when i go to family settingsit wants my dads email address password. When i g to windows live messenger it says it is not available on chil accounts. Ideally i would like to allow live messenger through my dads password or delete it and have an adult account under my email address.

Please help me, yu sound like you know what you are talking about.:(

Side note: 2 Word of mouth awards:confused: lol

OK, so you have 2 Live IDs, 1 tied to your GT (your dads) and 1 tied to your MSN messenger account (yours). If I was you, I would try to create another email address, if you don't have another one, to use in the Live ID - MSN msgr acct, replacing your current one. If this works then your msn email address will be free, hopefully and then replace your dads on your Live ID - GT one. Give it a try and let me know.

I may have to do that butthe thing is that the one i have for msn i use for everything and is also linked to my xbox360 just not for family settings making it a child account. If I make this free i will loose all my messenger contacts and xbox.com ID. What i really want is to combine he two keeping my one and getting rid of my dads or just overiding it, or if possilbe change my account now from child to adult.

I may have to do that butthe thing is that the one i have for msn i use for everything and is also linked to my xbox360 just not for family settings making it a child account. If I make this free i will loose all my messenger contacts and xbox.com ID. What i really want is to combine he two keeping my one and getting rid of my dads or just overiding it, or if possilbe change my account now from child to adult.

I hate to say it but I think that you might need to contact somebody for this one and then maybe they can just replace your dads email with yours that you are already using, removing the parental control in the process. I do not know who you would contact but I would start with Microsoft techical support and work your way down...you could be on the phone for a while but I believe that this is out of your hands.

Yeh I Am Trying This Aswell

I Rang MS Today They Said Ring BAck On Sunday And They Should Be Able To Chnage E-mial Adresses Round By Then

Well at least it seems that there is hope in sight for you guys. At this point, you will have to get them to change it for you as there is no way they are going to give users the ability to do it themselves, merging/upgrading accounts that is...

yeah I really hope Sunday will work out. I have my main account associated with a yahoo, but my main MSN account is associated with an account I only used as a trial type account for Halo. I could have done the change email feature since my main is yahoo, but now my problem is my main MSN is associated with a silver account. I really hope they can change stuff around.