Is it possible to activate Checkpoints twice?

VonThronstahl

I'm on the 6th mission on hard and have to recover 4 fuses. I got to the checkpoint by the stairs and activated the checkpoint after getting the first fuse.

I collected another one and wanted to save at the checkpoint again to avoid having to collect it again if I get caught but I don't have the option to do so. But if the enemies spotted me and I run over the checkpoint it says something like: "Checkpoints can't be activated while enemies are hostile.".

Am I doing something wrong or can checkpoints activated only once?

As far as I remember, once you use a checkpoint, you can't use it again. However, I also admit to not really using checkpoints much because they were unreliable as far as what would be reset if you had to go back to a checkpoint.

But in your description, it sounds more like you were unable to use the checkpoint because of hostile AI and not because you'd used it before.

I noticed today while doing "Shaving Lenny" (which has at least three checkpoints) that, while you can't use a checkpoint twice in a row, if you use one checkpoint, then later a second, if you then went back to the first you could use that one again. I don't know if that was a fluke or a regular thing in levels with multiple checkpoints.

I noticed today while doing "Shaving Lenny" (which has at least three checkpoints) that, while you can't use a checkpoint twice in a row, if you use one checkpoint, then later a second, if you then went back to the first you could use that one again. I don't know if that was a fluke or a regular thing in levels with multiple checkpoints.

The way it essentially works is that one checkpoint is active at a time. So in the case of a map that has multiple checkpoints, activating one after having activated a previous one makes the previous one available again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Confirmed.

Sometimes if you kill a boss after, you can use the same checkpoint again. I can't remember there being a situation like that on the mission you're talking about though.

That was my least favourite mission in the game so far, I gave up trying to be stealthy and just sprinted to the elevator once I had the four fuses.