This Game is GREAT

I thought that I would let players know a little about this game seeing that until today the threads here are pretty dead. I remember the quality from Safari (which I didn´t like) graphics and gameplay were very poor in my opinion, but this is a very well done game from them. Graphics are great and the gamemodes are fun. Lions, Leopards etc. are fantastic, the Gametypes of Career, Arcade, survival and Reflex are a good challenge. Some Achievements are a bid hard, but mainly all are pretty straightforward. Finding all Trophy is a bid frustrating but I am sure there will be someone making a good guide for the collectables.

All in All I would really recommend players to try it out, it´s a great game

• 4 weeks later...

for me, this is the best game from them so far mainly because I like good graphics and the way the animals were done is just fantastic. I have spoken to 4 other players that needed help on finding some trophies, and they all told me the same thing, "fantastic game". So I would say its better than the last ones. Have fun

I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to disagree with the OP. Yeah the graphics are better, at least when compared to other Cabela's games but the reality is they're still far and away from decent when compared to other games on the market. As far as the gameplays concerned I'm really not impressed so far. In fact I'm really having trouble seeing where they've made any improvements over the last one. Ultimately this is just another Cabela's game that's taken a game premise, hunting, and ruined it by trying to sex it up too much. In the interest of fair play I should say I'm only a few levels into the story so far so it might be that I've not given it a fair chance. However after dodgy looking alpha hyenas and crocodiles that seem to be hunting in packs on land I'm really not holding my breath for this to become the decent hunting simulation I'm after. As I said, this is a Cabela's game, warts and all. Unfortunately if you want to play a new hunting sim it's pretty much your only choice.

• 3 weeks later...

While I have only tried the demo, which should show off some of it's best features in order to entice new players, I can't find any redeemable qualities here.

A seemingly endless pack of lions, even after I'm told they'd scatter if I took down the alpha with a critical shot. And they did scatter, until I started walking again. Then I had to fight probably 30 or so lions, even though the pack that scattered was 6-7 total.

Crocodiles that could take 2 full magazines of what appears to be a Desert Eagle .50 cal and still not die, but two hits from the shotgun drops it?

A hippo that runs faster than cheetahs and seems to attack out of nowhere. I'm pretty sure hippos do move quickly, but ninjas they are not.

I'll admit I don't have a vast amount of experience with Cabela games, but I thought they would be more of a survival hunting experience, not a generic FPS with animals instead of gun-toting enemies. I'd rather have a supply of meds and ammo and need to use them strategically until I can find a campsite or village instead of all of these medkits and ammo drops every 50 feet. Who dropped all of these, anyway?

Was it more about survival in earlier versions and this is their attempt at a fresh new take on the franchise? Don't get me wrong, I don't want it to be just hunting and trying to find a flock or herd of animals, but if it's going to go action then why can't it still have hunting, tracking and survival strategy?

Skinning an animal for its pelt (Red Dead Redemption) or for its meat (AC3) is a good way to add new elements. Use the pelt to hide and sneak around huge packs or use it as a makeshift coat in a snow region to keep from shivering when aiming. Cook meat to slightly replenish health or use it raw to attract other animals. All of his can used as a form of currency if you find a small village and you need a boat to cross a river or want a bigger satchel or an actual coat.

To each their own, I guess. Not saying it's awful, just feel like they missed out on an opportunity to make it somewhat unique. Or maybe I'm completely off and the game turns into all of that later on, but I'm skeptical.

• 1 month later...

This was my first Cabela game. I wasn't too impressed.

The graphics are okay.... until the cut scenes when they look like a low end ps2 game. The gameplay for the story mode is your basic FPS slapped together with a very bad script.

I picked up the game on a whim as I wanted some kind of hunting sim with a bit of strategy. Instead I got a Call of Duty wannabe. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

sorry but, having played the other Cabela game from last year "Hunting Expeditions" this game sucks ass.

they keep changing up the titles and switching year after year to confuse us, but for anyone wanting the actual realistic hunting THIS ISNT IT, this another of their stupid FPS styled arcade shooter Cabela games where the object is to kill a bunch of animals as they run across the screen or attack you, with no actual hunting aspect at all and with horrible controls. if you want the SIM style Cabela game, get Hunting Expeditions, which was actually really fun.

even the game that came out in 2011 Shadows of Katmai was completely different than the other games but also alot of fun, it was similar to the Man vs Wild game, except better in every way. Big Game Hunter 2010 was another good one. they made the 2012 version into an arcade shooter as well

but you would think Activision would of allowed the developers who make these games the access to incorporate the gameplay mechanics from COD by now, the the plastic gun you can buy and use to shoot with probably makes it alot easier but its not worth it

Edited by eiVaL

• 6 months later...