The Complete Edition DLC question.....?

suspect121

i had and beat the original version so i was just wonder how how this version works with ya know.. all that

i have never bought a game with all the DLC on it before so was just wondering how it all works..

how do i play all the DLC? do i have to start the game all over? should i delete my old save?

thanks to anyone with help

Yes you need to start over, saves from the original game aren't compatible with the Complete Edition.

Really? Or are you being ironic? :)

I'm asking this because of Batman GOTY Edition... The Xbox treats it as a different game, not as a regular Batman: Arkham Asylum :eek:

Here's what I put in a similar thread about 3 down from this one:

Yeah, I thought I was being really clever when I picked up a used copy of the Complete Edition from GameStop. I figured I'd play the 2 DLC I hadn't yet, get the achievements and take it back before the 7-day window expired and get my money back. Free cheevos, essentially.

But then it wouldn't read my existing save. Frustrated I went online and found out that not only does the Complete Edition not recognize save games from the regular edition, but there have been cases where the presence of a regular edition save will prevent the Complete Edition from saving properly. So I was forced to remove my old save.

Then I found out that they integrated the DLC cases into the storyline where they were supposed to fall in the story. Unfortunately, the only two DLC I hadn't played yet were "Reefer Madness" and "Nicholson's Electroplating" the latter of which is now the second to last case in the goddamn game.

So I was forced to play it again pretty all the way through to get the last 10 achievements and 200G. It did nothing change my opinion that this is a terrible "game", either.