x360a Server - Xbox 360 Achievements Dedicated Server is here!

GetGAME

Hello everyone,

I remember awhile back there was a dedicated server for x360a. Well, I'm here to announce that I have just successfully set up a server that will help with the few remaining (for most users anyway) achievements, including rainman and others. Honestly, you should be able to get around nearly a quarter of the achievements if you feel like it this way.

The server is named x360a Server and can be found through "Browse Games." It should only take about an hour to get the remaining achievements, and idling on the server is encouraged. Personally, I'll be idling in the lobby for almost all of the day, more if I can help it. We'll need three more people throughout the day. If you can idle, it would be appreciated.

The reason it should only take and hour is because of the rotation I have. Each one is named a number: One through Thirtynine. I made it so each round is one minute, one round maximum.

It is an actual Xbox Live gold member, and I have provided it with a month of gold. If you wish to donate to keeping it up, I just need another month of Gold to keep it going. Digital codes are perfect, but honestly, I'm not begging. I know the game isn't as active as it was previously. If you wish to help, that is how to do so otherwise than idling.

EDIT: Just confirmed that the rotation works, and achievements unlock this way. As it stands, the server will go down August 15.

Edited by GetGAME

Hello everyone,

I remember awhile back there was a dedicated server for x360a. Well, I'm here to announce that I have just successfully set up a server that will help with the few remaining (for most users anyway) achievements, including rainman and others. Honestly, you should be able to get around nearly a quarter of the achievements if you feel like it this way.

The server is named x360a Server and can be found through "Browse Games." It should only take about an hour to get the remaining achievements, and idling on the server is encouraged. Personally, I'll be idling in the lobby for almost all of the day, more if I can help it. We'll need three more people throughout the day. If you can idle, it would be appreciated.

The reason it should only take and hour is because of the rotation I have. Each one is named a number: One through Thirtynine. I made it so each round is one minute, one round maximum.

It is an actual Xbox Live gold member, and I have provided it with a month of gold. If you wish to donate to keeping it up, I just need another month of Gold to keep it going. Digital codes are perfect, but honestly, I'm not begging. I know the game isn't as active as it was previously. If you wish to help, that is how to do so otherwise than idling.

EDIT: Just confirmed that the rotation works, and achievements unlock this way. As it stands, the server will go down August 15.

I just look at browse games and I couldn't see the server. I refresh several times just incase and rechecked? Does it go down at certain times?

Underkat,

I just look at browse games and I couldn't see the server. I refresh several times just incase and rechecked? Does it go down at certain times?

Seems to be down. I just took a look, intending to join in and idle the rest of the night if not longer, but "x360a Server" was nowhere to be found on the server list. Hopefully GetGAME will check back in here sometime soon and give us an update on what's going on.

I'm currently in the server, alone. Few people have joined periodically but none are staying for more than one or two matches, not sure if they are from here or not, and the most I've seen at once is 3 people including myself.

Needless to say, this server doesn't seem to be working out to well... At least I've managed to get a few of the achievements that can be done one on one, but I was really hoping for the hard ones that require four people, meaning Violent Cartographer and Rainman, and I wouldn't mind trying to pick up Killtacular while we're at it...

Anyway, if there is anyone who has this game and can come online, be it to idle in the server or to actually play/boost the other achievements besides those two, PLEASE do so. I'd greatly appreciate it if 3 (or more) additional people could join in.

I'll be leaving this running for a while and checking in every once and a while to see if anyone has joined. Hope to see some people!

EDIT: I'm not online anymore at the moment. I plan on trying again later or another day, so send me a message if you want to plan a time for boosting. I've made a post in the achievement trading thread to try and get a sign up list started so that we can hopefully have at least 4 people all in agreement about a time to get this done, so you can also go in there and reply to me...

EDIT #2: I'm back online and in the server now, but once again I'm the only one on it. I'll be on idle all night, or as long as it keeps me connected. Feel free to come in and kill me as much and as many ways as you wish while I'm off sleeping. Here's hoping that I wake up to find Violent Cartographer and Rainman!

Edited by Seiryu

Ok so I got through this earlier and the problem is it isnt as organized as it should be. Most people just leave right after getting their achievements instead of helping with the idle boosting. To help with this I think a set time should def be in place. I'm saying I'll try to get on everyday from 5 pm eastern till 8 pm/all night. I still need the decorated soldier achievement and the killtacular achievement and am willing to help you get every achievement your missing once I have those. Its almost impossible to get people to help you in this game. If you have common sense look me up after 5 pm eastern time for the next week so we can get this done.

Also I know it says you need at least three people but everyone had left except me and 1 other player from match 29 - 39 and the achievement still popped for me so if your having bad luck like I was hopefully you'll get it the same as me. Just let it play through for about an hour and watch the match numbers and it should work. Thanks to the guy who set this up, your sir are a saint!

I'm going to be idle in the server for a few hours. If you're coming in and looking for achievements remember that "F1" key allows you to type in global chat. A lot of people have joined the server just to fight other players. So I try and say something if you're coming in to trade achievements.

If the server number gets too high other players are going to come in and try and actually play and screw up others. May want to think about slapping a password on it and posting that here.

Also I know it says you need at least three people but everyone had left except me and 1 other player from match 29 - 39 and the achievement still popped for me so if your having bad luck like I was hopefully you'll get it the same as me. Just let it play through for about an hour and watch the match numbers and it should work. Thanks to the guy who set this up, your sir are a saint!

Same here, I believe. I wonder if it just counts the three you did have and keeps them in memory until you leave the server?

Hey there everyone. Sorry about the delay. Apparently Halo 2 Dedicated Server is not super stable - for some reason, when I moved the server into a more secluded area, the port changed and the service stopped after too many failed attempts at connecting.

So, after reinitializing the service and reconfiguring ports, it is now back up. I'd like to sincerely apologize for the delay; I know how much of a pain in the ass it can be when plans are made. With this said, it is back up and working better than ever. It should even have better connection speeds with less latency.

http://i.imgur.com/4duxP.png