The Best Games of the Generation

AlexQuint

Hey guys! While we wait for the next Xbox reveal, how about a trip to nostalgia lane? All you have to do is watch the following video :p

From 2006 to 2013, it shows 150 Games with 150 songs by 150 artists ^^

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIam0zQdRIY]Best Video Games of The Generation - Top 150 (2006-2013) - YouTube[/ame]

Now that that's out of the way, which games are your favorites from this generation?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God of war III

Bioshock

Infamous (Loved the first,the first game I ever 100%ed on PS3. Only played the Infamous 2 demo,so I can't really comment on how good Infamous 2 is,demo was good though)

Little big planet Series

Fallout 3

Fallout New Vegas

GTA IV

Red dead redemption

LA Noir

Deadrising series

Left 4 Dead

Condemned Criminal Origins.

Gears of war Series (Atleast 1-3 never played Judgment yet)

Duke Nukem Forever (Don't judge me,ha ha wanted to throw in that game for fun,it's a good game for 10$ or less,far from one of the best this generation)

I could go on and on.

Edited by Deadsea 1993

Well, this list made me realize how awesome the Gears of War trailers were (should've kept that Mazzy Star song during the Gears 3 clip!)...and I haven't played about 113 of these games...

But shout out to Dead Space, the Bioshocks, Limbo, and Red Dead Redemption.

Found the use of "Sound of Silence" during the Dark Souls showcase to be funny for some reason.

And this generation of consoles still have their legs! There'll be some notable games arriving in the next two or three years! I'm personally excited for Beyond: Two Souls the most.

I stopped the video when I heard All The Small Things. That was it for me.

At least Linkin Park's "Crawling" wasn't looped for the 14 minutes. :p

Edited by LickableLemons7

Didn't put in GH3, as far as I saw.

Also WaW should be there instead of MW2 or Black Ops.

Thats cause it shouldn't. Honsetly I thought Guitar Hero 5 was the best. I mean to have detailed versions of Kurt Cobain,Krist Noveselic (Bass guitarist) and Dave Grohl all playing ''Smells like teen spirit'' and ''Lithuim Live 1992'' just blew my mind. Also the setlist was the bomb. Never played Warriors of Rock,Quest mode embarassed me too much in the demo.

GH3 is Over rated to the max. The boss battles make little to no sense and are barely funtionable. Heck The Lou Boss battle on Expert,I have yet to beat. :mad: The setlist isn't that good,Boss battles,the bad antics of the guitarist during star power,etc.

But over all I had the most fun with Guitar Hero 5, Rockband 2 was easily my second favorite music game.

Will agree on World at War,the only COD game I ever liked. The rest were dumb. (I'm sure if I played MW1 when it came out I would have liked it,but it feels like all the other COD games now)

Edited by Deadsea 1993

MW1 is probably my favorite game of this generation. Put a good 20+ days on my old account from 2008-2010. Some notable games are Dark Souls, Halo 3, Mass Effect 1, Gears of War 1 and MW2. I have played these games close to 125 days in total since late 2007 on my old account and this account.

Well, there are still a couple of this generation's games that I haven't yet played but will. (Skyrim and Tomb Raider). So I'll leave them out of this for now. So, I'll list my personal favorites, my disliked games, and ones that were just mediocre.

Favorite Games:

Halo 3

Halo: ODST

Halo 4

Halo Wars

Halo Anniversary

Gears of War Trilogy

Mass Effect Trilogy

Fallout 3

Fallout New Vegas

Oblivion

Dragon Age: Origins

Tomb Raider: Legend

Tomb Raider: Anniversary

Tomb Raider: Underworld

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga

Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures

Call of Duty

Call of Duty 2

Marathon Durandal

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Mediocre Games:

Halo Reach

Gears of War Judgment

Kingdoms of Amular: Reckoning

Too Human

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2

Dragon Age 2

Call of Duty: WaW

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Fracture

Bioshock

Bad Games:

Call of Duty 4

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

There are a few other arcade games I've played, but I don't think they're worth mentioning. As for Call of Duty 1 & 2, I should put a disclaimer in that I'm mostly listing them for the PC versions, although I have played the 360 versions as well.

The only part Gackt needs to see :p

So he can't see that Fallout 3, New Vegas, Oblivion and Skyrim made the list

My personals would Dark Souls, Bad Company 2, and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

<3

God of war III

Bioshock

Infamous (Loved the first,the first game I ever 100%ed on PS3. Only played the Infamous 2 demo,so I can't really comment on how good Infamous 2 is,demo was good though)

Little big planet Series

Fallout 3

GTA IV

Red dead redemption

LA Noir

Left 4 Dead

Duke Nukem Forever (Don't judge me,ha ha wanted to throw in that game for fun,it's a good game for 10$ or less,far from one of the best this generation)

I could go on and on with listing overrated horrible games

Fixed that for you.