The Future Of Xbox Baseball Games

MabusScarab

First off, I want to stress here, please hold back troll posts to include "baseball sux", or "sports games r dumb lol". I'm not seeking out your personal opinion on sports and/or baseball games, i'm inquiring about what may be the future of the genre going forward.

With the elimination of 2k baseball games recently, that weren't that great to begin with but was the only offering, I am curious what the next step going forward from Microsoft will be to put up against The Show.

I know The Show is exclusive, and Sony would be stupid to let that go, but is Microsoft even going to attempt to push some competition against them? I'm a baseball fan, and moreso a baseball video game player. I bought the 2k games, including MLB2k and The Bigs, both made by 2k. Yeah they had their issues, but it was at least a go-to modern baseball game for the console that I owned.

So with RBI Baseball being absolutely horrendous on the arcade, I want to know what direction MS may go, if they even bring back baseball in the future, and possibilities of development, especially on the Xbox One. I heard rumors that MS owned the rights to High Heat Baseball, but have heard no news about them creating it.

People buy consoles for exclusives, and I know of a handful of guys that bought a PS3 and PS4 solely for The Show because how great it is. I can't see MS laying on their backs and letting Sony hold 100% of the baseball gaming market.

They could very well seek a lucrative deal with Xbox to bring The Show to that platform... if there are no other developers

This would be ideal. If you remember at one point Sony had exclusive rights to Rockstar and the GTA games, which was eventually lost. If that kind of game can drop exclusivity, anything can happen. The Show on Xbox One closes my need for a PS4 for the time being.

• 4 weeks later...

I have 360 and XB1, as well as PS3 and 4. The Show is untouchable as far as baseball games go BUT almost all of my friends are on XBL and we all enjoy playing whatever sport is in season. RBI is a joke BUT it isnt trying to be the baseball offering to Xbox owners. Thats just how it played out. The fact that there is no REAL baseball title this year has actually made a couple of my friends give up on Xbox all together. One friend sold his copy of MLB 2K13 after last season and only got 10 bucks for it. He just bought it again for $45 at Gamestop. Its the middle of baseball season and Xbox owners are stuck with a retro remake. Personally, I like RBI because it is a modern remake of a game that I spent hours playing as a child but I would LOVE it if it werent the ONLY baseball game on Xbox this year. It doesnt have online play. Is that even legal anymore? 2K was far from great but atleast it was SOMETHING. Surely MS isnt going to leave their baseball fans hanging.

Something will get made. Wait for ea to get in on it. If they were to be the only xbox baseball game, they'd find a dev

That is kinda what i am thinking. They made sure that they were the only football game, period. They LOVE working without competition BUT I am concerned about the quality of the game that they would put out. They kinda started dragging their feet when they got the exclusive NFL license. An EA baseball game would have to be good enough to not make people change their console of preference. As it stands right now, there is nothing for Xbox BUT that is better than wasting 60 bones on a terrible game

The only MLB 2K game I ever touched was on the Gamecube. While it was alright, I didn't touched the series again as I heard of how terrible that series was on the Xbox 360 and PS3. The last baseball game I ever played was MLB10: The Show which had good visuals and gameplay, but it had so many bugs that plagued the game such as freezes when subbing in a certain player at a certain stadium or the online that constantly dropped connections that I chose not to buy any future releases of that series. I'm just hopping that EA or Microsoft can make a good baseball game if they can get a license.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...