Favorite Skylander?

sonicmark

I was a huge fan of Trigger Happy for a while, but Drobot is a beast!

Y'know it's funny because where I come from (I don't know if it's the same where you are) nearly every shop is selling Drobot and Boomer, I don't know if it's because they can't sell them or not but I think that the ones that get left on the shelves will quite possibly be the underestimated Skylanders.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm starting to really like Voodood, his axe attacks are just vicious and his tripwire attack is awesome for wiping out loads of little enemies, originally I was disappointed at his overall appearance and just thought "meh" but he's a real dangerous Skylander to use!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I find that beam-speced Drobot, with nearly unlimited range, autofire and flight makes short work of most maps and is great at speed runs, but suffers against agile bosses as his beams don't do much damage per hit and you tend to need to stand directly in the path of attack to deal damage.

I'm still working on Terrafin but his punches are both brutal and fast, and while lacking in range, his dive makes him invincible for quite a while, making him awesome for avoiding Kaos' spells.

Stealth Elf deserves an honorable mention as her blades upgrades turn her into a DPS beast, while stealth upgrades should allow for attacks that keep her out of harm's way. I can't seem to get the hang of it though and cringe every time I accidently hit the button.

One last thing I've found is that Eruptor is probably one of the WORST. His primary attack is mid-range and thus ineffective on quick enemies that rush up to him and while the lava pool he has works well at clearing them out it goes off so slowly you're apt to take a few hits before it can kill. I suppose a strategy of dropping a pool then attacking could work, but the pool is short-lived and parking like that is a good way to get taken out by ranged enemies.

Edited by Tadrith

• 1 month later...

so far, my faves are Hex and Trigger Happy. I'd KILL for Stealth Elf, but I can't find any figs anywhere that aren't part of the starter packs....and I refuse to spend $75 on the 3DS game just for Stealth Elf. I also refuse to pay out the nose to some asshat on ebay who bought out every fig at a store making kids cry just to make money off rich bastards too stupid to realize they aren't worth 2 to 10 times the actual cost.

• 1 month later...

i was using Trigger Happy until i got Drobot

Trig's has a turret which is great and mashing A for a whole level with ricochet bullets is awesome but Drobot can friggin' FLY and when he's fully upgraded he can shoot lasers from his eyes and wings

i kinda got a new respect for Gill when i upgraded him completely too

• 4 weeks later...

One last thing I've found is that Eruptor is probably one of the WORST. His primary attack is mid-range and thus ineffective on quick enemies that rush up to him and while the lava pool he has works well at clearing them out it goes off so slowly you're apt to take a few hits before it can kill. I suppose a strategy of dropping a pool then attacking could work, but the pool is short-lived and parking like that is a good way to get taken out by ranged enemies.

I agree with this i absolutely hate Eruptor, he is just plain terrible.

As for my favourate, I only have six ATM but of the ones i have Dino-rang is my favourate.

I have five more on there way, they should get here tomorrow so my fav may change.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Loads of them are great, love drobot, whirlwind is a must if 2player to heal, ive recently started to upgrade sonic boom and fallen in love with it, after doubting stealf elf for ages ive just got my last acheivement killing kaos finally, i cant choose a single favourite lol