Tower Of Souls Made Easy.

matty cheetham

I Take no credit for this guys just thought it might help.

Prerequisites:

-Complete 30 Honors. This is not hard to do at all, and makes all equipment available for purchase. Highly recommended.

-A rudimentary understanding of Astaroth. Go learn his throws and some quick low pokes, then report back here.

Tower of Souls:

To get through the entire tower with little to no effort, both ascent and descent, do the following. Create 3 custom Astaroths, or 3 characters with Astaroth's moveset. Equip them as such:

Nightmare Helm Agony (from DLC pack 1)

(nothing)

Juok Chaplet

Warthog Pauldrons

Chain Mail

Noble Garment

Death's Gauntlets

Guiman Yecha

Shinobi Tabi

Warthog Boots

Weapon: Nanbanfu

Skills: HP Drain A, Venom Fang C

Now, color one red, one white, and one blue to boost morale, and go to the tower. Spam the HELL out of 1A(hold) A and 1A (hold) B. Almost all opponents will fall easily to this, and you'll gain a good amount of life back on each hit. If any Astaroth gets hit too much and you have tag partners, switch to another for a while. Rely on 1A(hold) B mostly, mixing in the other variation for ringouts or if you keep guard breaking them. Toss in a throw or 1A if they get too close, and poke low if they begin harassing you at close range. This makes the entire tower a JOKE.

How to get gold ridiculously fast:

The main idea here is to farm Algol on floor 60. To do this, use the wonder trio from above. Keep your distance, and don't even try 1A(hold) B, use 1A(hold) A exclusively at mid to long range. When he gets close to you, go for a throw. If you switch out effectively, his ridiculous life regain should be stamped out eventually by your cheese and you may even hit him enough times to score a critical finish. DO NOT rush him, no matter how low his health is, trust me. You score about 12500 gold in under 2 minutes once you get used to doing this effectively.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its stupid bullshit control language lol, took me awhile to figure out, what you need to do is this (also note this works a treat):

When in game spam Down/Back (Hold) and X, note Astaroth will start charging up a swing, as he lets rip, hit either Y or X again for a double hit, 2 hits sounds crap, but this attack rips them apart, and cures you aswell, its not foolproof, not by a long shot, but when the AI start to click what your doing, throw them off by doing a grapple. As soon as your second hit connects, charge up again for the next, and repeat over and over......

On the stages where you fight more than one person, just as the KO message pops up, start charging again, and the next opponent will run right into your attack.

Please also note this move helps towards ranking upto level 20, but you may have issues trying to initially pull it off against real person AI., Once your in the move though you should win the game easy enough.

I've done precisely as the guide says, and I can even easily chain the moves you recommend, however it still doesn't beat the enemy in the allotted time limit. I've been stuck on ascend floor 37 and descend floor 16 due to time limits, not health or any other problem, and this hasn't helped unfortunately.

It seems to work reasonably well, but I get further by just repeating throws over and over again, and even then I still run out of time.

Have you added those skills to your weapon, and using the weapon the guide states? It only took a few swings for me even on later stages, Its very easy.

I started today on Tower floor 17, and in a couple of hours I was starting the descent after beating Tower, whats funny is this also work when going down, I got to Floor 31 going down before I got bored and suicided, made sure I got the Floor 20 achievement first lol

Have you added those skills to your weapon, and using the weapon the guide states? It only took a few swings for me even on later stages, Its very easy.

I started today on Tower floor 17, and in a couple of hours I was starting the descent after beating Tower, whats funny is this also work when going down, I got to Floor 31 going down before I got bored and suicided, made sure I got the Floor 20 achievement first lol

Yes, I did everything precisely as it states. I can get them down no problem, but they refuse to perish before the time limit.

I played with the above and modified it to make it easier,

for mine you dont need 30 honours, i made it on 26. It may cost you in the region of 20k if you haven't brought many items.

Make a new character based on asteroth.

Equip the following -

Skills -

HP Drain A

Venom Fang A

Start Dash B

Weapon -

Nanbanfu - gives + 50 power, +30 Boost, Guage, Special

Note: You may or may not need to beat Asteroths Story for this one, i have done all so i am unsure, if someone could let me know please, thankyou.

Equipment (in order) -

Lusca Armet

Thiefs Mask

Dark Knights Cloak

Usurper's Spaulders

Usurper's Suit

Asura Breastplate

Usurper's Gauntlets

Guimian Yecha

Shinobi Tabi

Ashigaru Greaves

This will allow you to heal with heavy hits and cause poison until they hit you.

As well as the constant throw technique you can also use the low spin, high hit move (whatever its called).

To do this hold down-back+(X) then press (Y), this will sweep the floor and follow up with a heavy hit down on them.

If this misses it will push the opponent back, so you have nothing to lose. Combine this with the above and you should be able to breeze through the levels.

This also works in Arcade mode and will land you the 450k achievement rather easily.

I Take no credit for this guys just thought it might help.

Prerequisites:

-Complete 30 Honors. This is not hard to do at all, and makes all equipment available for purchase. Highly recommended.

-A rudimentary understanding of Astaroth. Go learn his throws and some quick low pokes, then report back here.

Tower of Souls:

To get through the entire tower with little to no effort, both ascent and descent, do the following. Create 3 custom Astaroths, or 3 characters with Astaroth's moveset. Equip them as such:

Nightmare Helm Agony (from DLC pack 1)

(nothing)

Juok Chaplet

Warthog Pauldrons

Chain Mail

Noble Garment

Death's Gauntlets

Guiman Yecha

Shinobi Tabi

Warthog Boots

Weapon: Nanbanfu

Skills: HP Drain A, Venom Fang C

Now, color one red, one white, and one blue to boost morale, and go to the tower. Spam the HELL out of 1A(hold) A and 1A (hold) B. Almost all opponents will fall easily to this, and you'll gain a good amount of life back on each hit. If any Astaroth gets hit too much and you have tag partners, switch to another for a while. Rely on 1A(hold) B mostly, mixing in the other variation for ringouts or if you keep guard breaking them. Toss in a throw or 1A if they get too close, and poke low if they begin harassing you at close range. This makes the entire tower a JOKE.

How to get gold ridiculously fast:

The main idea here is to farm Algol on floor 60. To do this, use the wonder trio from above. Keep your distance, and don't even try 1A(hold) B, use 1A(hold) A exclusively at mid to long range. When he gets close to you, go for a throw. If you switch out effectively, his ridiculous life regain should be stamped out eventually by your cheese and you may even hit him enough times to score a critical finish. DO NOT rush him, no matter how low his health is, trust me. You score about 12500 gold in under 2 minutes once you get used to doing this effectively.

Now, color one red, one white, and one blue to boost morale

What does the color thing mean

This Method is very good but there a few enemys I'm having serious trouble with :

1.The two cat-bitches using the most annoying styles and most ridicilous gear while descending on Floor 5 and 15.

On 5 its still very doable but the one on 15 always costs me a ton of Health and one of my characters.The result is that I'm starting Floor 16 with one character who's almost dead and I'm taken apart within a few seconds.

Any advice how to take those down?

2.I'm getting close to the top but of course they're making the last 3 floors freakin hard.I'm on 57-59 now and hoping to get through this soon.

Now,floor 57 isn't that bad but Setsuka on Floor 58 is,she left me with one character who had almost no Health left to face the 3 opponents on 59.

Maybe some tips for this next to last part?

Edited by BullZeye

Let me just say matty that you are the fucking man! Thanks so much for posting this. I have been struggling through the damn tower for days now making next to no progress.

Then I saw this built the character got use to the moves and it works like a freaking charm!

Again Thank you, thank you, and thank you.

Well, I tried another Method I found(didn't come up with it myself) that worked really well on floors 50-52 and 53-56(I was shocked at first that they only give you 1 character for 4 stages but I got through them first try - Still surprised about that) and that got me well through descent until that cat on floor 15 stopped me:

A custom made Cervantes character,wearing soul egde equipped with HP Drain A, Impact Edge,Strenghten Vertical and Auto Unblockable Attack A,spamming the <- Y+B Attack(Where he lunges Into the Air and Swoops down near the opponent).I can't post the exact gear right now but I can add that later).