Achievement Guide and Road Map

Webb

Superb stuff rza, cheers for that. Just working on a news piece, but will update the guide this evening will all those handy tips.

no probs, got 39 active quests so theres a good chance i might find some more, will let u know if i do

any chance of a map picture/location for the following? or draw/paint/direct me from my map i cant for the life of me find it [unless i dont understand basic directions], and my map is pretty much FULL

Directly west of Windhelm is a dragon hangout called Shearpoint on the top of the big mountain nearest it. The second peak, furthest away, that is.

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/3442/img2011111000267.th.jpg

Oh and if you do the thieves guild as early as possible, once you have the skeleton key dont do the next mission, you can keep it [and thus level lockpicking a lot faster as you can open master locks etc] i'm at 73 just now gonna try make it to 100 before i do there last quest

Edited by rza_2002

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to reach level 100 in a skill easily (and get a few levels while doing so), I'd recommend smithing. Simply find/buy (I'd recommend buying) all the iron ingots/ore you can, along with leather and leather strips. Warmaiden's is a good place, since the wife outside and husband inside both sell these.

Then simply make iron daggers. Once you run out of iron, switch over to leather bracers. Then sell all the items you've made (can even level up speechcraft here during selling). Simply wait until the shops reset (24 hours?), and repeat. You'll get to 100 in no time.

Also, a small note for the skill books achievement. All skills books will have a value above 50 gold (although not all books with a value above 50 will be skill books - I believe there's one worth 200 which doesn't raise a skill).

Edited by Vile Denial

Excellent Job Webb! Definately will use this to it's full extent. No need for the guide hahah. These guides are putting gamefaqs to shame. bwahahaha

I did see some spelling errors in the dragon hunter achievement. But i could be wrong.

Edited by Iceman9482

150-200 hours for an individual achievement but you already have more than 900G, how long for the all the other ones?

Anyway, in that kind of RPG games, people always find XP and money glitches...

Well, that was a rough estimate based on my progression. It's more like 100-150 now to get the full 1,00 based on what rza has already said.

This is one of the best guides I've seen on the site, and it makes sense coming from you. I like how you've included detailed information on what each thing is, like the miscellaneous quests. Most guides say something like, "just do 50 miscellaneous quests". I'll definitely be using the guide if I need help with anything after finishing the game.

I'm confused about the skills.

Is there a difference in power/intensity/damage from having a skill of 20 and a skill of 30 in destruction, assuming you haven't placed any perk points in that skill's constellation?

Like, if having a skill of 20 would normally dish out, let's say 40 hitpoints of damage, would a skill of 30 inflict higher damage, or is the only use of leveling up skills unlocking new perks stars to spend perk points in?

I'm confused about the skills.

Is there a difference in power/intensity/damage from having a skill of 20 and a skill of 30 in destruction, assuming you haven't placed any perk points in that skill's constellation?

Like, if having a skill of 20 would normally dish out, let's say 40 hitpoints of damage, would a skill of 30 inflict higher damage, or is the only use of leveling up skills unlocking new perks stars to spend perk points in?

Whilst there's no specific stats as such, that's pretty much how it works, yes. How do I know? Easy, because as I was levelling up my archery skill, I noticed that the damage on my bow in the inventory was going up at the same time. There's a little blurb during one of the menu screens as well that says it improves accuracy, damage, etc.

Whilst there's no specific stats as such, that's pretty much how it works, yes. How do I know? Easy, because as I was levelling up my archery skill, I noticed that the damage on my bow in the inventory was going up at the same time. There's a little blurb during one of the menu screens as well that says it improves accuracy, damage, etc.

Oh okay, that makes me feel a lot better now, because I was planning on saving all my perk points until later into the game but was unsure if leveling up skills was only useful so you could unlock additional perk points. Thanks! :D

I swear, after I read this I had an image in my head. Random, stupid, but ultimately hilarious and had to share...

Napa: "Heeey, Vegita, what ya doin?"

Vegita: "I'm playing Skyrim, Napa! I'm at quite a high level, and it's taken some time, but I now know these puny dragons know themselves to be no match for me, thr Prince of all Saiyans."

Napa: "Wow, that's pretty awesome. What level are you?"

Vegita: "I'm at level 49, and I've logged well over 200 hours."

Napa: "Heh heh heh..."

Vegita: "What's so funny, you great oaf?"

Napa: "I think you should see my save file. I've been level 50 for a long time. I've put in a hell of a lot of time in this game."

Vegita (looking over at Napa's save info) : "Let's see... level 50, hours played...wha...what??!!"

Napa: "What's the matter, Vegita?"

(If you don't see it coming by now, you've been under a rock... that said, here it is!!)

Vegita: "It...IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAND!"

Vegita then throws Napa into the air and Big Bang Attacks the f*** out of him, all deja-vu style.

Had to share.

This has been a presentation of the random absurdity that dwells in my head. We now return you to your regularly-topic'd thread.

Wanted - 10 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png

Escape from jail

Harder than it sounds, in all honesty. I simply went to Solitude, pickpocketed someone, got caught and submitted, saying take me to jail. When in jail, in the back corner of the room you can activate some loose rubble and it’ll create a hole that’ll allow you to escape ridiculously easily. Probably the easiest 10Gs in the game!

.....typo?

edit: yaaay i (extremely slightly) contributed!

Edited by Telekiller7

Masque of Clavicus Vile - the guard tells you the blacksmith has lost his dog, start the quest, find a talking dog, meet clavicus vile, DO NOT kill barbas with the axe, give it back to Clavicus [Quest Name - A Daedra's Best Friend]

Can you remember where this one was dude? Thanks in advance.

Oh, and TK, I thought it was hard to start with until I found a shortcut... forget to delete it :p

Can you remember where this one was dude? Thanks in advance. [Clavicus Vile]

my bad its also in Falkreath, i approached from the east and the first guard at the gate mentioned it

Another Good tip to level magic / 2hand is as follows, not sure if i'm retarded but it took me ages to actually realise

Set a spell on both your left and right hands for skills you dont use[and cant level up just by casting on yourself] Left i have (Conjuration - Confure Flame Atronach) & Right (Alteration - Stoneflesh) if you put a 2 handed weapon as a favourite, press up on the dpad then RT to equip it (not sure if it works with 1 handed) at the start of EVERY Battle or whenever you magic is full again, (favourites, RT on the equipped weapon) it removes the weapon and give you your 2 spells again, LT then RT and then equip the weapon again so your levelling 3 skills instead of just the 1

Edited by rza_2002

my bad its also in Falkreath, i approached from the east and the first guard at the gate mentioned it

Another Good tip to level magic / 2hand is as follows, not sure if i'm retarded but it took me ages to actually realise

Set a spell on both your left and right hands for skills you dont use[and cant level up just by casting on yourself] Left i have (Conjuration - Confure Flame Atronach) & Right (Alteration - Stoneflesh) if you put a 2 handed weapon as a favourite, press up on the dpad then RT to equip it (not sure if it works with 1 handed) at the start of EVERY Battle or whenever you magic is full again, (favourites, RT on the equipped weapon) it removes the weapon and give you your 2 spells again, LT then RT and then equip the weapon again so your levelling 3 skills instead of just the 1

Yeah, found it last night when searching for the other Falkreath quest. Tar.

Found another Daedric quest as well... Will finish it today and add it to the list:

– During the main quest you’ll meet Septimus Sigmus who will send you off to get an Elder Scrolls. During this quest he will start another quest called “Discearning the Transmundane” where you’ll have to take an imprint of the Elder Scroll on his Lexicon. Giving that to Septimus then opens up the next stage: harvesting blood of an Orc, Dark Elf, Wood Elf, High Elf and Falmer – honestly, do this quest as early as possible so you can grab the blood as you go along. Every time you can harvest some blood it will give you an option when you interact with their corpse (harvest blood or search body). Get all 5 and head back to Septimus’ outpost, north of Winterhold.

I'm up to 41 from 38 in an hour or so from last night just by training, using two-handed weapons (which I never use) and smithing. As many tips though is a good thing :)

If you want to reach level 100 in a skill easily (and get a few levels while doing so), I'd recommend smithing. Simply find/buy (I'd recommend buying) all the iron ingots/ore you can, along with leather and leather strips. Warmaiden's is a good place, since the wife outside and husband inside both sell these.

Then simply make iron daggers. Once you run out of iron, switch over to leather bracers. Then sell all the items you've made (can even level up speechcraft here during selling)

This is a good tip, 48 hours for them to restock though took me about 30mins to get the last 30 or so levels I needed for 100 and it costs very little gold as your re-selling [prob cost me about 2000 MAX]

Potential Daedric Artefacts (unconfirmed):

These aren’t your traditional shrine missions, but I’m fairly sure that killing a Daedric spirit like these and looting their bodies nets you an artefact:

Directly west of Windhelm is a dragon hangout called Shearpoint on the top of the big mountain nearest it. The second peak, furthest away, that is. There is a dragon shout there and it was guarded by a powerful Daedra called Krosis. Struggled at level 24. Grab his mask when you kill him.

Nahkrrin – Guarding the portal in one of the last missions

**WORK IN PROGRESS THIS ONE**

I can confirm that the masks do not count towards the achievement. I've collected 3 of them, and only have 3 remaining daedric quests to do for the achievement and it hasn't popped yet.

Also, has anyone found the Namira, Mephala, or Malacath quests? This is the last achievement I need for the full 1k.

I can confirm that the masks do not count towards the achievement. I've collected 3 of them, and only have 3 remaining daedric quests to do for the achievement and it hasn't popped yet.

Also, has anyone found the Namira, Mephala, or Malacath quests? This is the last achievement I need for the full 1k.

how about telling us where the other quests are that aren't mentioned above

I've only got 8 so far, and 1 active

how about telling us where the other quests are that aren't mentioned above

I've only got 8 so far, and 1 active

Yeah, any assistance in appreciated.

Also, rza, there's 10 in the guide, plus the skeleton key which I have to add, so you're missing 1.

Also... Midden Deep underneath the College of Winterhold, there's a hand, I'm positive this it one but can't work out how to activate it and I've moved the journal that was down here. D'oh!!

Oh, and cheers nickle for the clarification :)

EDIT: In other news, I've found out a way to activate that hand... there are 4 rings in the Arcadium. I'll let you know how I get on.

EDIT 2: Can't find the rings. Anyone have any ideas?

Edited by Webb