[Redacted]

SolidSnarf86

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we were at Gamestop yesterday and we noticed this little gem. First, let me say we are new to the Skylanders scene. So this could very well be old news and if it is I apologize! Anywho, it's Flashwing but she's white instead of silver! Her wings are a lighter shade of purple and her blue areas on her wings are more blue than the regular Flashwing. We already have Flashwing but we had to pick her up too! I took a couple of pics but they didn't turn out the best. I think the pics make it kind of hard to tell the difference, but if you see them in person they are very different. It almost looks like she wasn't 100% finished before being ok'd and shipped out. I can upload the pics if anyone wants to take a look :)

Received an email from TRU saying Thumpback and Eyebrawl were being released this morning. The better half went over at 10AM EST when they opened. There were a handful of people waiting. Store opened, she went to the shelf and they had 2 Eyebrawls and 1 thumpback. One of the other people waiting asked the manager to check the stock for more. Turns out an employee had stashed a couple of boxes in the back. So if you dont see any on the shelf, it won't hurt to ask them to check in the back! Everyone walked away happy.

So we were at Gamestop yesterday and we noticed this little gem. First, let me say we are new to the Skylanders scene. So this could very well be old news and if it is I apologize! Anywho, it's Flashwing but she's white instead of silver! Her wings are a lighter shade of purple and her blue areas on her wings are more blue than the regular Flashwing. We already have Flashwing but we had to pick her up too! I took a couple of pics but they didn't turn out the best. I think the pics make it kind of hard to tell the difference, but if you see them in person they are very different. It almost looks like she wasn't 100% finished before being ok'd and shipped out. I can upload the pics if anyone wants to take a look :)

There is a Jade Flashwing coming out. Did it say that on the front of the box?

I visited the local EBgames here in Windsor, Ontario Canada & the associate that worked there said he's seen a couple Thumpback & Eyebrawl already but they went very quick. By the sounds of things they should be well in stock just about everywhere by Feb. 1st. Just my opinion. I guess well see.

Seems it took about 2 weeks for the last wave to actually have a decent amount of stock where they actually sit on the shelves for awhile. I've given up on TRU & Walmart. Every time I check there they have nothing.

There is a Jade Flashwing coming out. Did it say that on the front of the box?

No....it's white and purple, isn't the jade one supposed to be white, green and gold? It looks exactly like the original, except it's white and the purple and blue parts are lighter shades than the original. Box just said Flashwing.

Most likely just a mishap/defect. One of her wings was broken off so we got her for $5 (they were just gonna give her to us but we agreed to pay $5 to make it a $30 purchase so we could snag another sidekick. We would have just gotten another one but we have em all.) Then we fixed her wing with some plastic/toy glue.

P.S. My Chill has blue lips too...I haven't seen any around here with red. That's cool!

I finally managed to track down a Thumpback & Eyebrawl. I purchased them @ EBgames in the Tecumseh Mall in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. My son is going to be so excited come Easter.

Anyway if anyone else is looking for them in the area I suggest you go there ASAP as they only had two or three of each left. Happy hunting :)

Anyone get one of those free Ninjini's?

In other news I was looking at Gamestop's website and they have listed a "glitter" varient. I hadn't heard of them before, here are some links.

Sprocket Glitter: http://www.gamestop.com/toys/skylanders-giants-sonic-boom-s2-glitter-individual-character-pack/107455

Sonicboom Glitter: http://www.gamestop.com/toys/skylanders-giants-sonic-boom-s2-glitter-individual-character-pack/107455

Finally got my Thumpback and Eye Brawl at my local Walmart. Hot Dog is still MIA.

One thing to note is it looks like the standard giants case sent to stores is now 2 each of Crusher, Eye Brawl, and Thumpback. This means Swarm, Bouncer, and Hothead are going to become harder and harder to find after a while.

Hey just wanted to let everyone know the rare white flocked figures are now showing up. They inclu stump smash eruptor and prism break. I was lucky enough to buy an eruptor at my local walmart. I will post a pic later. gamestop is the one to look at for prism break. good luck hunting they are very rare.

Edited by oshkoshtony

I might have a bit of news for everyone. First of all, the TRU I work at got in a shipment of the Scorpion Striker Battle Pack right before I left. I walked out with the first one. We also got a sizable shipment of the boxes containing Eye-Brawl and Thumpback, so other stores may have gotten them as well.

Second (and I have no real confirmation of this), the Electronics supervisor for my store has somewhere heard that Ninjini is supposed to be a limited exclusive for TRU, whenever she comes out. Like I mentioned, I haven't been able to confirm that anywhere, and I've somehow neglected to ask where he learned this, but he's not the kind of guy to just make this up. CONSIDER THIS A RUMOR AND NOTHING MORE UNTIL I GET MORE INFO OUT OF HIM.

Must buy. Is it out now?

Google it and you will get the walmart page to buy it. If you search for it on walmart.com you will not find it unless you take hours. It is available right now. I just placed my order for ship to store. Have not found any stores in my area that have him in stock yet. Good luck hunting.