How to Avoid Infractions. (aka How to Use the Stickies)

The Pants Party

Alright, people bitch and complain when their threads get closed and even worse when they get infractions, and then go on to say they didn't know where to post their question, blah blah blah. Well, read this and hopefully you'll know where to post next time, and maybe we can keep these forums a bit tidier than they've been in the past.

----------------------------

1. Achievement Discussion. If you're asking about a specific achievement, this should clearly go in the Achievement Discussion thread. If you're asking about the length of time or difficulty of the achievements, again: Achievement Discussion thread. The following threads (or any variation) are all examples of threads that should not be made, but instead just throw a post in the Achievement Discussion thread.

• How do you get "xxx" Achievement?
  • Question about "xxx" Achievement.
  • "xxx" Achievement not unlocking!
  • I think my "xxx" achievement is glitched.
  • Question about the DLC Achievements.
  • How long for the full 1000/200?
  • Are these achievements easy/hard?

2. Achievement Trading. If you're posting to say that you are going to setup a boosting party, that you need a boosting partner or that you're willing to help people get their achievements in co-op, all of these should go in the Achievement Trading thread. The following threads (or any variation) are all examples of threads that should not be made, but instead just throw a post in the Achievement Trading thread.

• Boosting party up now!
  • Boost party on Friday at 8
  • Looking for co-op partner
  • Looking for boosting buddy
  • Help with Online Achievements?

3. Game Info. Any questions about the game's release (pre-street) or what people think about the game should go here. *If you're doing a poll or something, feel free to make another thread, but if you're just trying to find out what people think of the game, post in Game Info.

• Any info on a release date? (Pre-release)
  • Do you think this will be good? (Pre-release)
  • Who is going to buy this? (Pre-release)
  • So what do you all think?
  • Who has this game?
  • How long is this game?
  • Is this game hard/easy?
  • Rent or Buy this game?

4. FAQs. The FAQs thread is for people to post confirmed things about the game that will be all in one place. It isn't for questions. If you know the confirmed answer to something that is asked quite a bit, please post the question and answer in the FAQs thread so that it can be added.

If any of these threads are closed, please post here.

----------------

If you think of any other annoying threads, let me know and I'll add them, I just did this off the top of my head.

The forums here aren't some big mystery, people. Everything is pretty laid out for you, and it's all there for a reason, so please use these threads and stop cluttering the forums.

Very nice, Pants! Hopefully this will make my job a little easier. :bow:

Wishful thinking?

I'll have to start work on the mythical 'Edit Button & Search' guide that was suggested oh so long ago =P

Although it makes you wonder, if people can't be bothered to read the stickies...would they read this?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...