Skills and The Minuteman Medal

Ok, so this is my first thread started and I hope it's responded to well. On to the meat.....

1. How many skill points do you get total? I've beaten the game on easy and only got 4 points, but I've seen threads referring to the skills being "maxed out".

2. When running thru the time trials what skills should I be using? (i.e. max ammo or health and regen)

Anybody who has had the game, or is working on it, that can throw out some ideas or pointers would be great. Thanks.

• 2 months later...

I know this is a bit late, sorry.

So far I have only four total skill points and I've gone through all missions on both Easy and Hard, and I never got any extra points on the second playthrough.

When going for time records, I recommend having one point on Damage, one on Regeneration, none on Ammo, and two on Health. You could use two for Damage or Health, but I used the way I described for my Hard playthrough. Ammo doesn't matter really, you will find a lot of it on the ground from fallen foes or ammo packs, and Regeneration is more important on Hard than on Easy so if you want I guess you can just focus on Damage and Health alone split 50/50 with each being at level 2.

Again, sorry this is late, I just got the game myself and I hope my input can help others who get this game (by renting/GameFly of course).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Odd, for my Overachiever run-through, I didn't get any skills. At times during the campaign on Easy, it would seem to glitch and not reward me a skill point when it said it was going to do so. Weird. I don't think you need to worry about much more than health and damage, anyway.

Hmm. might have been what happened to me. Oh well. I have just 2 missions to go. I guess I dont need the extra points.

• 3 months later...
I know this is a bit late, sorry.

So far I have only four total skill points and I've gone through all missions on both Easy and Hard, and I never got any extra points on the second playthrough.

When going for time records, I recommend having one point on Damage, one on Regeneration, none on Ammo, and two on Health. You could use two for Damage or Health, but I used the way I described for my Hard playthrough. Ammo doesn't matter really, you will find a lot of it on the ground from fallen foes or ammo packs, and Regeneration is more important on Hard than on Easy so if you want I guess you can just focus on Damage and Health alone split 50/50 with each being at level 2.

Again, sorry this is late, I just got the game myself and I hope my input can help others who get this game (by renting/GameFly of course).

I agree. This is exactly how I ran through Hard. Made life a breeze.

• 7 months later...