Do you prefer games with or without multiplayer achievements?

GNB

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man people on here really hate online achievements.

I do prefer offline achievements, because then I don't have to worry about boosting or the servers going down like on Madden. However, I do think multiplayer achievements can add to a game's value. The online achievements for Gears of War 2 and Halo: Reach in my opinion are not impossible to get even without boosting, and personally give me incentive to play multiplayer when I wouldn't otherwise. I don't play Call of Duty multiplayer since there are no achievements, and I would if there were. If a game is going to be supported for a few years like Halo and Gears of War, then go ahead and put online achievements.

I think if the developers know their game isn't going to dominate the multiplayer scene, then yeah they should choose to leave them out. I know it can be hard to predict the future for developers, but at least make the online achievements achieveable without 100 hours of gameplay required. That's all I ask.

I'm in that situation with AvP I want to just play for my last achievement of XP but not only did the matchmaking suck when the game was first out, nobody is even playing anymore.

I think with inevitabilities of server closures, or just dead community, they need to impliment some rule for achievements that require online play to auto unlock or something after they are no longer attainable. Maybe have developers required to alter them to single player or something if servers close so people can still attain full completion.

With so many people into achievements you would think there would be more strict rules involving glitches and unobtainable. I know people so into full completion that they have started new accounts because of Pro Street and UFC 09 glitched/unobtainable achievements.

Edited by Midnight Malice