Achievement Guide

the_b1ues

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry if it was confusing, but i didnt mean either of those things! when you get to the oasis, go straight down the hole to the gold. when you approach the gold you will get prompted to press the back button, do it and then the game will ask if you want to save. then all you have to do is come out of the hole, put your buddy out of her misery, reload the save down by the gold, come out of the hole and save her life.

edit: oh and DemonI81, i think you get the optional objective to get more medicine on the second to last pill, not the actual last pill. so keep checking the pause menu if you think youre running out. ive got the achievement for doing all the underground missions, i think i did 3 in the north and 2 in the south. as for this Third Faction achievement, did someone say they got it after choosing to save their buddies at the end of the nortern campaign? so the buddies in the south dont count towards the achievement?

Edited by NukeDukem

Yeah, the collision detection in this game is fubar. I got run over when the car was a good 5-10 feet away earlier.

No idea about the Third Faction yet. Haven't seen anyone with it. It seems though that you get a whole new set of buddies when you go to the south, but Idk what the deal is with that achievement.

Does anyone know why one of my buddies Warren Clyde appears as missing? I checked my stats and it says buddies abandon = 1. That's weird.. Unless it is story related I don't recall abandoning any buddies.

hhhmm... weird, what i can tell you is that it isn't story related i'am now around the 90% and never had a buddy missing.

hhhmm... weird, what i can tell you is that it isn't story related i'am now around the 90% and never had a buddy missing.

Damn that sucks. Idk why he would be missing, I've only done one of his missions, and every time I do the buddy mission is that Arabian guy who goes with me, he's the only one I've ever seen wounded and I've healed him everytime. (except for the other ach, but I reloaded quickly to make sure he stayed with me) So now the question is, where the hell is Warren Clyde!? :/

im in the same boat mate, got a missing buddy but not quite sure how it happened. i think what happened with me is my buddy came to save me, and when i left the scene there mustve been more enemies that found him, he got his arse kicked and because i didnt know i didnt go back and it counts as abandoning. sucks! ill have to go through the game again to get the third faction achievement.

tell you what though, i just got the goddamn RROD... :mad::confused::eek::(

what a time to get that! ploughing through far cry, the best fps ive played since cod4, and so many great games out this autumn and winter

im in the same boat mate, got a missing buddy but not quite sure how it happened. i think what happened with me is my buddy came to save me, and when i left the scene there mustve been more enemies that found him, he got his arse kicked and because i didnt know i didnt go back and it counts as abandoning. sucks! ill have to go through the game again to get the third faction achievement.

what a time to get that! ploughing through far cry, the best fps ive played since cod4, and so many great games out this autumn and winter

I dont think you do have to go through the whole game again as long as youve done there missions i think its ok. I hope so anyway as one of my buddies died without me relising and i saved the game, and im not playing through the whole game again.

Also the underground missions can you only do these when you low on pills?

youre only forced to go there when you run out of pills.. and the missions arent there when you have more than 1 pill left in your container. just do the missions everytime they come up and you should get the achievement, thats all i did. it might actually be impossible to miss this achievement, im not sure. maybe if you go through the story missions really quickly you could miss them but idk.

Edited by NukeDukem

Damn sucks to hear about that malicious RROD. Regarding the missing buddy, I really don't know wth happened, since Warren Clyde is never the one to come save me, It's always the other dude, I forget his name, the one with the towel on his head LOL. I do remember the first time I went to Mikes bar he was talking about taking on a bunch of people by himself and whatnot, could it be that I was suppose to help him and didn't?

As long as you have done that buddies missions i dont think there is any achievments to be missed

I think if you're done with the buddy's mission it would have a check mark next to it's name. The one who's missing has a red line across his name. So far I have 3 buddies, Quarbani Singh, Michele Dachss and Warren Clyde, on the first 2 the status is 'Alive' and on the last one the status is 'Missing' :/

Also, I'm now doing the 3rd mission for the UFLL ( I think) The one you get from the guy at the door and not the two upstairs. Usually every time I went on a mission I would have a buddy call me for the side quest or w/e. I'm this mission now and no-one has called me, is it supposed to be like that?

Another question, Am I really suppose to only have 3 buddies? I'm by 20 percent of the game and only have 3. I've been playing for about 9 hours though :/

Edit : DukeNukem, yes, this game is indeed frustrating and confusing.

Alright 2 questions.

1. Has anyone got the "Subvert all main missions for the Leboa-Seko area, the first area"? Because i'm now on the 2nd part of the game and i subverted all the missions i could and it didn't unlock for me

2. One of my buddies the paul guy, he went down in a battle and i tried to save him, i shot him 3 times with syrettes to try and save him but he died anyways, i saved while he was down after completing a mission or whatever, figuring i could save him but he still died. I ended up just reloading my save and abandoning him because it wouldn't let me revive him..., so it said he was "missing" but not dead. Is that going to affect any achievements? Oh and then the mission where you have to save the church or help your buddies at mike's bar, i went to mike's bar and all my buddies died, as well as me. I know you can die and continue on but wtf are you really suppose to keep them all alive, they all drop like flies. What a confusing game