Achievement Trading/Online Matches Thread

Minty

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. Ok. Sounds really good. :)

It will boost fast when we get the hang of it. The only prob will be to match everybody to the same room.

Yes, that and making sure everyone gets the procedure I am trying to explain. If my procedure doesn't work, I will let Zef take over and teach us his procedure.

50-75 points a game? 800-600 matches? Man this is gonna take forever lol. Personally I think 20 people is going to be very chaotic to try to coordinate all at once. No doubt there is going to be people who just fuck around but we'll see how it goes.

If anyone does choose to mess up the game, we can just make sure that they aren't included any more. None of us will have time to mess around since we have 800 or so matches to play, if anyone gets out of line they can find their own matches. Hopefully the organisers will share that sentiment too.

Also, you won't have to keep playing. Just use this as an opportunity to play regularly to increase your score quickly, you don't have to be comminted to staying for all of the matches if you don't want to.

As for the procedure, I'm happy with whatever works as long as EVERYONE will follow it. Undoubtedly someone will show up on the day and ask how it works because they never bothered to check, so then someone will have to spend a few minutes explaining it to them. So everyone be sure to read what is going to happen before it takes place =)

Sweet, we got nineteen people. That's enough numbers to launch two parties. We could get more points in a CTF match, but a lot of people end joining those. The best way is to set a specific hour, with minute, with a specific map for everyone to join. All 19 people wouldn't find each other, but half will. In the CTF case, one player picks up flag, the other returns it.

I'm Allied and pick up the Axis Flag, Jlo is Axis and returns it. We both get one point. This can be done really quickly and get a lot of points. While that happens, everyone else does the medic part, and when the player with the flag reaches a certain amount of points[keep in mind it's a 20 minute game CTF] it switches to the next player.

Sweet, we got nineteen people. That's enough numbers to launch two parties. We could get more points in a CTF match, but a lot of people end joining those. The best way is to set a specific hour, with minute, with a specific map for everyone to join. All 19 people wouldn't find each other, but half will. In the CTF case, one player picks up flag, the other returns it.

I'm Allied and pick up the Axis Flag, Jlo is Axis and returns it. We both get one point. This can be done really quickly and get a lot of points. While that happens, everyone else does the medic part, and when the player with the flag reaches a certain amount of points[keep in mind it's a 20 minute game CTF] it switches to the next player.

Are you sure we can set what map we want for ranked matches? Also, are you sure you get a point for picking up the flag?

The people that will be doing the flags will be the people at the very top or very bottom of the players list when we are actually in the game.

Since we now have 20 people, I am going to try and start up a trial player match to see how this goes. When can everyone do this?

Here's a detailed way of how the game will go. We launch the game with 20 players. Axis head down to allied flag, since the space is more open. Axis players will kill allied players, and allies revive. Example:

Me and Jlo are Allies, while Zef is Axis. Zef kills Jlo, I revive him, Zef kills me, Jlo Revives me. While that is happening, One Axis player takes allied flag, and drops it. Allied player returns flag, each player gets one point. Now, I'm not entirely sure how it works, but if you drop the flag near where you pick it up, it glitches and gives you more points[some times I've seen it give seven points]. Those two will do that until they reach 50 points, and switch. Since this is generally quick, everyone can do this a few times.

Now, Nine players on each team will have to wait in order to get their turn on the flag. Four players on the Axis team will be killing eight Allied soldiers[for revives], while that happens one Allied soldier will kill three Axis soldiers and the last Axis soldier revives his team mates. Those three Axis Soldiers will take turns reviving.

Now, I think that mostly everyone is from America[i will check your gamer tags soon] and we have by my knowledge two European[uK]. Assuming that we[Americans] all live in the East Coast, that's a four-five hour difference.

So, we would need to set this match early for them to be online. So, post your tag, time zone[uK, U.S.(East, Central, Mountain, West, etc.) etc.], and what time are you available.

Not sure when the trial match would go, but I think it'd be best to do it soon so everyone gets the general idea.

1. Darth Odan: US East Coast, available mostly every hour of the day.

Edit: If it's alright with the Mods and admins, could we set up a topic just for us 20 so it'd be easier to track the event and find the information?

Just let me know of a time for the trial match...I can pretty much be on to play anytime after 6pm CST as long as I know in advance....

Also, one other suggestion...you guys may or may not have thought about this but why not have 1/2 the people on each team be medics and he other 1/2 be supply. This way you can knock out both SUPPLY OFFICER and DOC. Also you wouldn't run out of ammo because you can just pick up your own supply drop if I'm not mistaken...

Also, one other suggestion...you guys may or may not have thought about this but why not have 1/2 the people on each team be medics and he other 1/2 be supply. This way you can knock out both SUPPLY OFFICER and DOC. Also you wouldn't run out of ammo because you can just pick up your own supply drop if I'm not mistaken...

I think the problem with that is who goes supply and who goes medic. If we decide that all Axis are supply and get the kills, and all Allies are medics and get revives then you only need to see which team you are on at the start and choose the right character type.

Darth Odan's idea sounds the best. One team should get purely kills, the other purely revives. But both teams will have people getting the flag to get points too.

If 4 axis are killing 8 of the allies, and two people from each team cycle for flag points, what will the other four axis do? Maybe we could alternate kills as well as revives?

So four of the axis kill four of the allies, the second group fo allies revives them. The second group of allies now kill the second group of axis. Everyone would be getting the same number of points then except for the flag people who may be getting more/less that the rest.

The four flag people just need to alternate between them too, so one axis picks up the flag, one of the allies returns it. The second axis picks it up, the second ally returns it. I don't know how quickly you get points for that, me might not have to swap at all if things are all balanced.

The problem with having 5 of each is knowing which one to choose so we have the right numbers. You get randomly assigned to a team, so it wouldn't be much good if all of the medics get randomly put onto one team and then need to reorganise. If one side is going to do all of the killing and the other revives, it will be much easier to have one character type per team.

The problem with having 5 of each is knowing which one to choose so we have the right numbers. You get randomly assigned to a team, so it wouldn't be much good if all of the medics get randomly put onto one team and then need to reorganise. If one side is going to do all of the killing and the other revives, it will be much easier to have one character type per team.

Oooh...gotcha...I didn't know you couldn't pick axis or ally...I've only played a few times online and it was player matches...I didn't know you were auto assigned to teams...my bad...disregard my suggestion...

I think the idea of a trial match sounds good, couldn't we just melee after the bullets run dry, then everyone could be a medic.I really hope this works as the last time i played i kept getting the 'cannot connect to all players' message.

As i work strange shifts i am available from Friday onwards at around 10pm(gmt), if this does not work out with the majority of you guys in the u.s. then don't worry about me i wont take it personally, cheers.