Worth buying?

Slaughter.

This is definently worth it if you're into stealth/first-person-brawlers, but it may be lacking if you're not (even so, it's a good introduction to both genres).

@peoplewhoareafraidofmultipleplaythroughs

If you're savvy, you only really need to do two playthroughs, you can pick up the entire 1000G in two, if you make like a pack rat and fight like a wolverine on one of them, and sneak it like Snake on the other. The game only takes 5/6 hours or so to go through (on average) anyway, so 2-3 playthroughs isn't as tedious as in other games.

I bought the game. My first playthrough I was a bull killing everything, but still stealthy. I decided I would introduce myself to the game that way, but then have my second playthrough be my no-killing + stealth + not being seen by anyone + not buying any powers/enchantments playthrough.

• 1 month later...
I bought the game. My first playthrough I was a bull killing everything, but still stealthy. I decided I would introduce myself to the game that way, but then have my second playthrough be my no-killing + stealth + not being seen by anyone + not buying any powers/enchantments playthrough.

Good man.

Had to do the exact same, I figure I always do the stealh one after getting comfortable with the controls. I'm still seeing the game for around $30 which is pretty surprising after its been for such a long time. You end up getting the DLC?

I'd say no. The game is utterly forgettable. I suppose it's nice if you're into stealth games but that's all it has to offer. The graphics are kind of bland; characters are underdeveloped and lack emotional connections to the player. The story is rendered pointless by the terrible ending.

I could go on but you're better off playing the new Bioshock Infinite unless all you care about is a quick stealth fix.

Bioshock plays better minus the stealth.

I'd say no. The game is utterly forgettable. The story is rendered pointless by the terrible ending.

I could go on but you're better off playing the new Bioshock Infinite.

If you find this game cheap, you should so pick this one up. It plays a lot like Thief and Bioshock. If you want to be stealthy you can but if you want to run through levels slicing people to bits, then by all means thats allowed to. The scavenge aspect of the game is a nice touch as well. Always looking for potions, food, notes, and money adds lots of play time to the game. ^_^

I'd say no. The game is utterly forgettable. I suppose it's nice if you're into stealth games but that's all it has to offer. The graphics are kind of bland; characters are underdeveloped and lack emotional connections to the player. The story is rendered pointless by the terrible ending.

I could go on but you're better off playing the new Bioshock Infinite unless all you care about is a quick stealth fix.

I can not disagree with this more: The game and it's setting are very memorable (and left me wanting to see more of the world in which it is set), the graphics suit the story/setting, the characters are well fleshed out (Though if you're not a creepy stalker who reads every note/book in game and listens to characters coversations through key holes for ages, a lot of the characters can be hidden behind their motives and just a target that needs to be killed, which is an awesome way to do it)

Without more context about what is terrible about the ending (also there's more than one ending), I can't really defend it, besides to say that it's the ending that the character deserves!

Over all I would say that Dishonored is one of my favourite games.

So is Bioshock, but I'm not sure what Bioshock has to do with Dishonored...

• 2 weeks later...

I told myself that I was gonna wait till it went down since it has been out for a couple of months. I went to GameStop and a new copy was still $60 while a used was like $50-$55. I continued shopping and found a new copy at Target 50% off. :woop: Overall I enjoyed the game, but wished it could've been a bit longer. I decided to do the no-kill, no-one-sees-you, no-powers style and I did good and am on the last mission, which I probably finish up today w/ only a little help from the guide (really just the first 3 missions to get the feel of it).