Glitches/Bugs & Fixes

At request of the mod this thread will be devoted to charting known useful glitches, bugs, and fixes.

For the sake of convenience harmful or useless glitches will simply be considered bugs.

Useful Glitches:

-Duplication: using a furnace or dispenser to create multiplies of an item.

-X-Raying: Using a piston and TNT to give the player the ability to see cave formations.

-Texture Swap: using a piston and a torch to convert an item from one texture to another with the same quality (such as colored wool or wood)

-

: using a piston, redstone, and rails to generate a lot of sand.

Notice: Glitch names are links to places that provide more information as well as explain how to set up the glitch.

Edited by d0ct0rscarecr0w

Bugs:

-When opening a door next to another, sometimes the top half of the other door opens as well and the door must be opened and closed to fix it

-On occasion, a hostile mob can spawn whilst trying to sleep even in a securely built location (fully lit, no corner pieces missing, closed doors)

-Glass does not fully allow light through and if next to another block i.e stairs. Will show the side touching the glass completely black

- Items in inventory are not saved after exiting from a game not hosted on the players Xbox.

-Leaderboard may reset at random.

-Achievements may not be unlocked when requirements are met. (this can be fixed by emptying your Cache.)

-Wooden pressure plates may stop working or image may move away from where originally placed. (Removing and replacing pressure plate generally fixes this.)

-Wooden doors placed around ice blocks may cause the top half of the door to glitch and not move properly.

-Redstone circuits such as clocks and pulsers tend to break down over time or if the player walks away from them. (Picking up pieces of the circuit and relaying them may get it going for a while but the problem will usually persist.)

-Slimes have a tendancy to spawn inside walls and die of either suffication or from contact with lava.

-Large Slimes may become invincible to weapon and weaponless attacks. (this is a hit box issue, the slimes can still be killed using a bow and some arrows.)

There are plenty of other glitches. For now I'm going to leave a link to the wiki here. I'll expand on this post later.

s

Fixes:

From patch between 1.7.3 and 1.8.2 update:

- Fix for a crash with pistons at the edge of the world

- Fix for a crash due to a thread safety issue usually caused by pistons

- Fix for issue with operating pistons on chunk boundaries

- Fix for a rendering flicker with active pistons

- Fix for rendering slowdown due to lighting issues

- Fix for rain going through blocks (raining indoors)

- Fix for Marketplace not launching when unlocking skin pack after selecting a locked skin in the trial version of the skin pack

- Fix for bug allowing locked skins to be selected if they are beside a free skin

- Fix for misaligned player scores when viewed under the "My Score" leaderboard filter

- Fix for the constant button press sounds when rotating a character in the skin select screen

- Fix for the constant sound effect played on the sign text entry

- Fix for thunder not being audible

- Fix for third person front view not displaying fire.

From 1.7.3 update:

-Fix for only the host being shown the pop-up when any player attempts to place lava near the spawn point.

-Fixed tooltip for flint and steel.

-Fix for note blocks not showing notes.

-Fix for Leaderboard reads taking too long.

-Fix to block players re-entering a level they have been kicked from, until the level is restarted.

-Fix to stop players being able to join a game when they are not a friend of any player in the game.

-Fix for netherrack re-appearing after being mined.

-Fix for a rare crash on entering the Nether.

-Fix for attacking enemies at a different level not damaging them (e.g. Attacking a pig while it's standing in grass will now hit it).

-Fixed a problem causing some save games not to load.

From patch before 1.7.3 update:

-Fix for the leaderboard crash when toggling between filters/leaderboards.

-Fix for server disconnect message appearing when offline or in leaderboards.

-Fix for issue where posting a screenshot to Facebook caused a back out to the main menu.

-Fix for clay generation.

-Fix for ‘Awaiting Approval’ showing all the time on some signs.

Various crafting menu fixes.

-Fix for being able to stand on sugarcane.

-Fix for intermittent crash on saving.

-Fix for duplication bug with the furnace and dispenser.

-Fix for not being able to place water near the spawn area.

-Fix for intermittent problem on entering the Nether putting the player above the Nether.

-Fix for frame-rate drop around the edge of the world.

-Fix for intermittent problem where some achievements were not being awarded.

-Fix for graphical issue with stairs.

-Fix for issue with enemies spawning inside a house when they shouldn’t.

-Fix for Zombie Pigmen not being counted for leaderboard scores.

-Fix for buckets being taken when crafting cake.

If anyone knows of a useful glitch or a bug that is not listed in the above posts please make a post about them in this thread.

I'm not going to find all of them on my own so the help of the community is a necessity.

For now I have to go, I'll add more information when I can get back on.

I built a piston bridge below water level, there's 4 rows of 40 normal pistons... each one has a repeater feeding it power and i've used a double switch gate thingy to have a lever at both ends of it.

when its activated, there are a number of pistons that refuse to raise although there is power getting to the repeater feeding them... i can remove the very first repeater that sends the initial signal then replace and they will all rise fine...

this needs sorting. i cant swim!

I built a piston bridge below water level, there's 4 rows of 40 normal pistons... each one has a repeater feeding it power and i've used a double switch gate thingy to have a lever at both ends of it.

when its activated, there are a number of pistons that refuse to raise although there is power getting to the repeater feeding them... i can remove the very first repeater that sends the initial signal then replace and they will all rise fine...

this needs sorting. i cant swim!

There is a lot that can go wrong with circuits. You'll have to give a little more information, it is possible that this could just be an error in the circuit set up.

There is a lot that can go wrong with circuits. You'll have to give a little more information, it is possible that this could just be an error in the circuit set up.

I've drawn up a diagram of roughly how I built it up

http://s14.postimage.org/drhdyf4i7/circuit.jpg

I've checked the circuitry and all the repeaters do light up when the switch is pressed but they don't lift the pistons :confused:

I've drawn up a diagram of roughly how I built it up

http://s14.postimage.org/drhdyf4i7/circuit.jpg

I've checked the circuitry and all the repeaters do light up when the switch is pressed but they don't lift the pistons :confused:

Uh, I'm not seeing a diagram? Is it just me?

I must thank you for showing me this glitch, it is probably the coolest glitch I have ever seen and have managed to find 2 dungeons with it so far, so thank you :3

Not a problem glad the thread has already helped someone!

There is also a sand generator glitch using 3 normal and 3 sticky pistons. A friend showed me his last night. Soon as I have mine up and running, I will give a more detailed description of it. Guess it would come under glitch as would the Obsidian generator.

I've seen a video of this before on yt if i come across ill post a link. if it still works, then its ace

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcw2gxmDbBs]MineCraft 360 Edition: Quick and Easy Sand Generator - YouTube[/ame] - although this one uses 6 sticky pistons but might be worth it

Edited by kierons316

Glitch - While in a dungeon, after going down a straight tunnel and developing a desperate need to get the hell out of there, I went back and found my path had completely disappeared, as if the cave had collapsed, despite everything being stone, not sand or gravel or anything like that. And it wasn't a matter of getting turned around, because after being horribly killed, I returned to get my stuff and had to dig through a few layers of rock to return to my stoney prison.

Glitch - Ghast fireballs no longer reflect back when I hit them with my sword. I could do it all the time before, but now they just explode harmlessly when I strike them.

Glitch - Minecraft will randomly start over the tutorial dialogue when I resume my game. I've already been playing for hours in this world, I don't need to be reminded how to mine.

I've seen a video of this before on yt if i come across ill post a link. if it still works, then its ace

- although this one uses 6 sticky pistons but might be worth it

Just a heads up, since uploading that, it's stopped working. The sand now either drops, or keeps getting pushed and pulled with no duping.