Anyone else...

Metalligav

Starting to feel really old by the posts stating how old people were when they first started playing GTA?

I started on the very first game at 13 and have played every game in the series. So was 17 by the time III came out, I spent my second ever set of wages on a PS2 with GTA III (the first lot went on my first mobile phone).

So basically, stop making me feel old. lol.

course I'm only 18 so was too young to play them when most of them first came out.

Who wasn't? lol.

Did you hear about the 6 year old in America who 'taught himself to drive' by playing GTA and drove himself half way to school before he crashed?

Seriously, what sort of parent lets a 6 year old play GTA?

Who wasn't? lol.

Did you hear about the 6 year old in America who 'taught himself to drive' by playing GTA and drove himself half way to school before he crashed?

Seriously, what sort of parent lets a 6 year old play GTA?

wow that is pretty funny... but those parents proly shouldn't be having kids if they let that kinda stuff happen....

Starting to feel really old by the posts stating how old people were when they first started playing GTA?

I started on the very first game at 13 and have played every game in the series. So was 17 by the time III came out, I spent my second ever set of wages on a PS2 with GTA III (the first lot went on my first mobile phone).

I'm in the same boat as you. I was around the same age 12-13 playing the first one, I'm 25 now. I have loved every game, R* never disappoints!

I'm in the same boat as you. I was around the same age 12-13 playing the first one, I'm 25 now. I have loved every game, R* never disappoints!

Yeah, R* seem to just make awesome games. The only 2 series of games I have owned (almost) every game of are FIFA and GTA and I always keep an eye on what else R* are doing, I loved Red Dead and LA Noire too.

27 now n il never be too old for gaming gosh darn it lol, tho the comment how a 6 year old taught himself to drive with gta awesome so clutch control, manual gear changes indication, lane changes, awesome and if it was an automatic im glad it taught him out to get it out of neutral, what a load of bollox lol

• 3 weeks later...
Burn your copy of IV and go buy SA, you will play that till the day you die. Hours of endless fun!

IV may have been more empty then San Andreas but the ragdoll effects when you roll over people in a car going down a sidewalk are so much better. I love SA but I would now rather spend my time playing IV becaues the game engine is so much better, in my humble opinion.

I sure V will have the all elements and the replay value that made Vice City and San Andreas so fun

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

what a great read, lol thank you. dont really agree with his parenting style, but that kid was pretty cute. he actually refused to steal a car because it was already occupied lol. then spent his entire playtime busting criminals / bringing people to the hospital / and putting out fires :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well as I am 39 I have played them all since the very first....who would have thought that top-down driving game would have become what it is today....but then again when I was a kid the first game I played at home involved the old Atari Video Game System in 1980 when I was 7 :/.....so as an old fart I have seen a LOT of changes in the gaming world lol

Ahh memories......

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/1039/grandtheftauto.jpg

Where GTA began....

Edited by Graivul

• 3 weeks later...

You're 28 too? And also a Metallica fan?

Maybe we're, like, twins? lol

IV may have been more empty then San Andreas but the ragdoll effects when you roll over people in a car going down a sidewalk are so much better. I love SA but I would now rather spend my time playing IV becaues the game engine is so much better, in my humble opinion.

I sure V will have the all elements and the replay value that made Vice City and San Andreas so fun

Here's the thing.

I hated SA and hated IV too. I think I was ruined by the awesomeness of VC cause there hasn't been a great GTA game since then IMO. Hope V changes that.